iOS Version 1.2.3 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I think people should keep their expectations in line, this is the mobile version after all.

If they can't even get transparent ramps on some of the tables due to technical limitations, I doubt we're going to see high end lighting effects. Unless they want to cripple older platforms like iPhone 3G, Ipad 2 etc.

Although it's great they've been able to run this app across multiple hardware generations of iOS devices, I think we're starting to reach the point where splitting off an "HD" version designed for the retina devices and taking advantage of the greater horsepower to do things like No Good Gofers with transparent ramps and enhanced lighting effects may be at hand.

I would hope that if they make a decision to do a new app catering to higher-end hardware there will be some kind of "gimme" for people who have supported the cross-platform release until now. I'd be happy to pay something to make an upgrade, though.

Last edited:

immortalmindz

Jul 29, 2012
Is anybody else having a hard time getting the super jets goal? The most hits I've gotten was about 30. The ball seems to go right through them when it gets up there.

Others than that, I'm really loving AFM and Genie.

It is quite a tough goal, as once you complete the orbit shots the ball wont go into the bumpers, however i have played a real AFM quite alot and tbh the ball doesnt stay in the bumpers for too long, id say farsight have got it right. Multiballs are your friend for this goal.

immortalmindz

Jul 29, 2012
I'm loving this release, however the ball imo is way too floaty in Genie, just like black hole and big shot. It almost feels like your playing in zero gravity, well not zero otherwise the balls would be floating, lets say 1 or 2 gravity lol.

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
Genie has a lower slope so it is a bit more floaty. At least the one I've played on location did. Other than some lights out this came fairly close to the experience.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I'm loving this release, however the ball imo is way too floaty in Genie, just like black hole and big shot. It almost feels like your playing in zero gravity, well not zero otherwise the balls would be floating, lets say 1 or 2 gravity lol.

The RL BS is even floatier. They actually nailed these tables

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Another bonus... There are now buttons to save your scores and restore them in the main menu. Great job on a really good update, FS.

Arcflup

May 19, 2012
.....however i have played a real AFM quite alot and tbh the ball doesnt stay in the bumpers for too long, id say farsight have got it right.

Nope nowhere near correct behaviour, even for the home roms. The feeble jets are currently spoiling the game for me :(

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Beat all the standard table goals today for Attack From Mars; super jets wasn't that hard. Tough goals are like Rudy Gulp Bonus on Funhouse or Harem Multiball in Arabian Nights because they're down to hitting specific shots at specific times. I actually did those two before, but only as guest and now I have to re-do them because I'm using my Farsight account so I can have my kickstarter rewards register.

Of course when they come out on Wii U I'll be doing them yet again!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Yeah lack of pop action in Mars is definitely a flaw that should be fixed next update. Getting super jets shouldn't be this difficult at all.

Anni2712

Aug 8, 2012
AFM is fun table, only one thing bothers. When ball comes down from the right loop, it sometimes takes strange bounce. That usually causes center drain :(

Last edited:

Kmitchell

Jul 27, 2012
Very much enjoying the latest update. AFM is good fun, if a rehash of MM (but that's not Farsights fault), and Genie is just wonderful!
Loving the new menu layouts. I play exclusively in portrait mode, so the corresponding layout is a nice addition.
The new flipper "physics": I'm not a great pinball player, I enjoyed them in the arcades as a youth, but they weren't really my thing until much later. But even I noticed the difference with this update. Love it.

Side note, I have had one instance of the "ball through the flipper" bug in AFM. It was during Total Annihilation and all four balls crashed the left flipper at once and one floated through to end up draining.

Other than that though, after the STTNG & TZ releases I didn't think I'd be that interested in anything new, but this has been a nice welcome addition.

Thanks!

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
After playing STTNG for so long, it's nice playing a table that doesn't punish you for not being perfect.
But STTNG doesn't punish me at all.

;)

Also, I can confirm that iCade/8-bitty support is there, but I only tried it with my 8-bitty and as expected, because the button mappings are rooted on the pad itself (they've kept NOTHING like the iCade, it's pathetic) I'd love for an option to remap the buttons... please FarSight?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.