iOS Version 1.2.6 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS Garek

Dec 25, 2012
I'm confused about how this process works. I deleted both AFM and FP then redownloaded them by going into the table selection menu and pressing 'start' for each one. Checking back in 'Manage Tables' the version for both is the same as the version on an iPad which I haven't updated yet:
AFM v5
FP v2

Am I missing something? Also, what are the newest version numbers for AFM and FP?

I did this too, and it has the same version numbers. Maybe I'm nuts, but I replayed them and the bumpers are definitely improved on AfM (I had one of my best games!). Firepower similarly is a bit less ornery.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I did this too, and it has the same version numbers. Maybe I'm nuts, but I replayed them and the bumpers are definitely improved on AfM (I had one of my best games!). Firepower similarly is a bit less ornery.

Ahh, so the version numbers for the new tables are labelled the same but they're new files?

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Ahh, so the version numbers for the new tables are labelled the same but they're new files?

Which would explain why you have to delete them to update because the software thinks you had the latest. Expect a v6 and v3 next update.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Both tables are very nice, Graphics are well done on both Space Shuttle and White Water. My opinion is that WW has a too bright playfliefd. Finaly decent looking transparent ramps! I noticed that the voice-samples on Space Shuttle are very low in volume compared to the electronic sound fx. Good table.

Black Hole seems finaly stutter-free on my iPad2!

Was going to post about the bright WW center as well. I know it is supposed to be bright white-ish, but it's not good for the eyes as is. A little tweak please?

Overall, both are excellent though! My only real problems remaining are the black hole graphics(posted earlier) and TOM floaty physics (probably an ipad1 issue)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
given those issues don't exist on Android and given the iPhone version was beta tested I'm really surprised. It's like they made last minute changes and didn't bother to do any testing.

latest tables on Android are the most stable releases I've seen in ages.

Who on here is an iOS beta tester? Were these issues reported during testing? I saw a lot of beta discussions on the Android side in the last two weeks but no comments for iOS.

The iOS version has to be submitted for approval to Apple for at least a week or two before release, so all the bugs found in beta testing aren't always able to be fixed in time. The Android version doesn't have that long approval time, so more bugs can be fixed before release.

To compensate, Farsight will be releasing an iOS update soon to fix some of these Space Shuttle bugs, for instance, plus it sounds like the special events camera toggle option will be in, and possibly some nudging improvements as well. I think the carpet environment will also be replaced in this update too.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Was going to post about the bright WW center as well. I know it is supposed to be bright white-ish, but it's not good for the eyes as is. A little tweak please?

Overall, both are excellent though! My only real problems remaining are the black hole graphics(posted earlier) and TOM floaty physics (probably an ipad1 issue)

No theatre is floaty on iPhone as well. It's the old, old code. Theatre, Ripleys, Cirqus, etc old tables still waiting on a physics update. Theatre is the worst for me as well.

R

Rhandos

Loving the new tables, especially White Water!

Quick question before I open a bug thread: Is the table meant to play a weird looping array of sound effects ("WOOF! AAH! YEHAW! OH!") when Boulder Bash mode starts?

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013
Might have to buy WW pack. Never played the table but got the highest free play score on first ball (well I locked two balls as well). Maybe the table is too hard.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Bobby told me about AFM and FP. He didn't mention any others.
Cool, thanks for that. I've told everyone who I know has PA about them, only because the changes are so significant. More on AfM than Firepower... makes a world of difference.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I'm getting an instant crash when going into options->manage tables on an iPhone 4. It's happening to guys at work and I noticed a couple of people on Facebook reported it.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
Space Shuttle is just so much better on TPA than on WPHOF. It is much harder to get the consecutive bonus multipliers, and the table is just more...FUN. Too bad multiplayer scoreboard and scoring is a complete mess. Try selecting 4 players and watch what happens.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Space Shuttle is just so much better on TPA than on WPHOF. It is much harder to get the consecutive bonus multipliers, and the table is just more...FUN. Too bad multiplayer scoreboard and scoring is a complete mess. Try selecting 4 players and watch what happens.

This will be fixed in the next update as well.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Are you not able to buy individual tables anymore and rocked to buy the table pack?. You used to be given the choice to buy one table for £1.99 I believe or the pack for £2.99

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Are you not able to buy individual tables anymore and rocked to buy the table pack?. You used to be given the choice to buy one table for £1.99 I believe or the pack for £2.99

Individual purchases stopped with the AFM/Genie pack.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Space Shuttle is actually my favorite of the two and I'm dead serious.

Rom emulation vs script is literally a night and day difference. Space Shuttle is perfect and they really need to go back and redo not just Black Knight but Gorgar as well. And call me crazy but Firepower does not seem to be rom emulated. I base this just on gut feeling I have never actually played a real one and I spent like two seconds with the Williams Phof version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts