iOS Version 1.2.8 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
This has to be my favorite release so far. Aside from getting the AWESOME Centaur, the polish is definitely seen on this and PinBot. These older tables without all the plastic ramps that are found on the newer one's work so well, especially on the mobiles. FarSight, please keep these System 11's and early 80's Bally's coming. Oh, and the nudging updates are great too.
Playing on Ipad Mini and iPhone 4s. No problems seen on the two new tables in terms of performance.

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
It doesn't matter that we purchased the season two pack before we found out about the offer to credit because if you look closely at the wording it states that the offer is to "anyone who buys a Season Two pack that has already purchased Table pack 11, 12, or 13". So this is only offered to those of us that have purchased the Season Two pack plus Packs 11, 12 or 13.

I don't think that's what Retrodude means, I think he is referring to having already purchased table pack 14. If so, buying this table pack 14 (like I did before seeing this Farsight news) will that also be included in a credit if we go and buy season pack two.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Solid update. Centaur is gorgeous, Pinbot is awesome.

I'm sad that centaur plays too fast, and the flippers aren't early Bally. But I'm not losing sleep over it. Great update.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
From FB:

"We realize that there are customers who have already bought Season Two content that may want to take advantage of the Season Two Pack discount. We would like to offer anyone who buys a Season Two pack that has already purchased Table Pack 11, 12, or 13 a credit equal to the price you paid for the individual table packs, good for anything we sell (now or in the future). Please email customer support at support@pinballarcade.com with your FarSight user name to claim your credit."
Thanks for that. I'm curious about why they don't just discount this pack and have everyone on the same level, rather than rolling those "owed" packs forward.
I'm not sure how they'll be able to implement that for the next pack... we all know that whatever system Farsight uses for redemption (see: Kickstarter rewards) can be broke as hell.
In fact, if it's good for anything they sell now, can I apply it to table pack 12? Semi-serious question.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
I've been looking forward to Pin Bot since day one, plays awesome on my iPad mini, it may just be me though, but the voice and sounds don't sous quite like I remember. Granted, I haven't seen a Pin Bot machine in years, and I played the NES version constantly...still do occasionally, the sounds just seem off to me.

Anyone else feel that way?

There's a real Pinbot where my pinball league plays, and the sounds are the same, although the sound quality in TPA is very "boxy". Try plugging in an external speaker or some good headphones. The sound coming out of the iPad built in speaker is terrible of course.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I had the crash issue right away after any table was loaded. I deleted the app, redownloaded it and redownloaded every table and everything works ok now. Its cool that there is a way to manage installed tables but would really love if Farsight would add an option to download every purchased table, its very tedious to do it one at a time... unless I missed something? Still, happy the workaround worked for me. GREAT job on Centaur. Some little glitches on the gate saves in the inlanes (the ball sometimes teleports through if its too slow) but that's not a big deal IMHO

BTW, one thing Farsight may have addressed but I am not aware of, but there is one table I haven't bought: Ripley's. If I want to buy this table, the minimum cost is now... $9???? I know they took out the option to buy individual tables, but the only two options I have is buy it along with two other tables I already own for 9 bucks or buy the season pack 1 (which I own all tables except for Ripley's...) for $30. I don't think so. I was on quite a high yesterday after enjoying both pinbot and Centaur AND really appreciative of the new nudging system and wanted to show that appreciation by buying the last hold-out (RBION). Well, I don't think so. Pity, I did want to throw money your way FS.

Its not all bad, I'm still a happy TPA camper, but its too bad there are these weird decisions put into place that are essentially monkey wrenches to the TPA experience. As odd as it sounds for a company to do, FS should seek advice from other professionals I think, both in communication and in implementing features. Still a happy camper, just befuddled :)

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Yeah, it seems that your scenario has not been accounted for in their pricing structure.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Its cool that there is a way to manage installed tables but would really love if Farsight would add an option to download every purchased table, its very tedious to do it one at a time... unless I missed something?
There's an "Update All" button at the bottom of the Manage Tables menu.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
It is asking me to purchase Twilight zone even though I donated $100 to the Kickstarter. So done with kickstarters. This is on my iPad mini. It is not showing up in my tables. My iPad I can't even launch the app. Good times.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
That's an annoyance. I wonder why they can't fix that.

It's been this way ever since FS gave out the kickstarter awards. It annoyed me so much that I just outright purchased the tables I got in kickstarter. Also, I don't like the idea of having to rely on the FS servers to have access to any tables I've purchased.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
There's an "Update All" button at the bottom of the Manage Tables menu.

Yep, I had tried that. This option works for installed tables, so if there are tables installed that have a new version, pressing that button saves you some hassle. However if you just reinstalled from scratch, the tables show up in your main list but because they are not installed, they don't show up in the "manage table" section and therefore that button does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts