iOS Version 1.2.8 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
And with 30 (30!) tables now, it takes some time. And you can't just click and walk away. You must sit and watch that bar fill up everytime time, listening to that Arabian theme over and over and over.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
No longer playable on my iPod Touch 4th gen.

After deleting the App, and reinstalling, I was able to get it to start, but it just isn't playable anymore.

I'm not sure what they did with 1.2.8, but it used to run smoothly, now it looks to be playing in slow motion,
which may actually allow me to get higher scores since I have more time to react with the flipping/nudging, but would take much longer to do it and isn't fun.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
I don't think that's what Retrodude means, I think he is referring to having already purchased table pack 14. If so, buying this table pack 14 (like I did before seeing this Farsight news) will that also be included in a credit if we go and buy season pack two.

Correct.

I've purchased everything that's been released. Packs 1-14, including all the pro versions and the ball skins.

I bought pack 14 (pro version) as soon as it was available.

THEN I got the newsletter.

No discount for me now, as an iOS customer who has bought everything released, and who will still most likely buy all of the future releases?

Mega bummer for me.

Your best customers pay full price while those who aren't quite so anxious to hand you money get a bargain.

Thanks for the advance notice, FarSight.

Really appreciate it.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Not sure where to report this but the DEMO for CENTAUR and PIN*BOT close the app. when I press START.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Correct.

I've purchased everything that's been released. Packs 1-14, including all the pro versions and the ball skins.

No discount for me now, as an iOS customer who has bought everything released, and who will still most likely buy all of the future releases?

Mega bummer for me.

Your best customers pay full price while those who aren't quite so anxious to hand you money get a bargain.

Really appreciate it.

I also bought all the packs individually. There must be a lot of pepole like you (or even people who bought every packs for several platforms), so give them some time and let's hope something nice will happen.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Great job on making the launch button configurable in Star Trek. It feels like I got three tables this month.

The same level of customization for nudge zones would be great!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Great job on making the launch button configurable in Star Trek. It feels like I got three tables this month.

The same level of customization for nudge zones would be great!

The 5 nudge schemes don't do it for you?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
The 5 nudge schemes don't do it for you?
Having a user-configurable zone system might also open up the possibility for additional issues. I didn't think any of the schemes would work for me but I found that scheme C works great after using it.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
I also bought all the packs individually. There must be a lot of pepole like you (or even people who bought every packs for several platforms), so give them some time and let's hope something nice will happen.

I still plan on supporting and promoting The Pinball Arcade & FarSight, as well as buying new tables.

It's just that the special offer and promotion of it was poorly planned and executed. It's a minor slap in the face to some of their best customers.

Not a relationship ending one, nor intentionally done, but still a slap.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah. I got smacked too. I buy everything they release the second it comes out. Feel kinda burned. Once again FarSight does a good thing but it is poorly executed and screws their best customers.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
any idea when the 5.1 fix will be available? it's apparent the review was not expedited and I'm really hoping that I don't have to go til Friday without pinball, already driving me nuts

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
You also have to consider that it's a holiday weekend. Even though FarSight may have worked through the night & submitted the new version, it's up to Apple to approve it and make it available...we are likely waiting for that approval. Did you try the work-around in the bug thread? (Sorry, I'm not keeping track of who the work-around did or didn't work for). I'm guessing that it didn't work for you.

Last edited:

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
the workaround is for those who app will actually open, but on 5.1 it crashes immediately, and ya I understand we are waiting for apple approval, but if the submission was expedited it would have been up already, I'm just curious how long it takes when not expedited.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Correct.

Mega bummer for me.

Really appreciate it.
i did the same thing and also have everything. i misunderstood the season things and just purchased table pack 14 pro for the $7.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts