It's August (Designated Complaint Area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
In commemoration of the t2 kickstarter success I'd like to call upon the awesome force of arnolds world famous line from kindergarden cop in response to this thread

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
So now we wait on Steam. You would think that they would have a checklist of what needs to be done and how each step needs to be accomplished, who does that task and everything to go along with it. The Steam part should have been worked out a long time ago. You don't wait until you get to the step and then say, how do we do it?
Frustrating.
Oh forgot, can we ***** in this post? Or was that only for the beta area?

I don't believe that companies are given access to the developer's kits until your game is approved to be on Steam.

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
The game is approved, done. It might even be available to beta testers inside FarSight. The only thing I think they need is the keys to be able to open it up to beta testers that aren't inside FarSight.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Welp, I give up, Pinball is dead forever. Let's move on to more modern things, like Area 51, Outrun or maybe Dragon's Lair.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
tumblr_m99q0hKr8P1qknseao1_500.png

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
So now we wait on Steam. You would think that they would have a checklist of what needs to be done and how each step needs to be accomplished, who does that task and everything to go along with it. The Steam part should have been worked out a long time ago. You don't wait until you get to the step and then say, how do we do it?
Frustrating.
Oh forgot, can we ***** in this post? Or was that only for the beta area?

Steam users had to vote to greenlight it before Farsight could do anything.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
What's the expected price for all of it. All tables.

My guess is that both Season Pro Packs will cost the same as all other versions, considering if you want the Pro versions of the respected tables.

That will be $90 total, or take off $10 on each season if you don't want the Pro versions (Or just buy it; saves a ton of money in the end).

If Farsight decides to do -10% off during the first week of launch, then take off $9. Not sure if they'll be taking part of the Summer or Winter Sales.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Steam users had to vote to greenlight it before Farsight could do anything.

You don't get it. They have been greenlit for months now. I am just saying that they shouldn't have waited to see how to get the keys until they were done with the game. They should have inquired about the process and had all aspects down prior to its finish.
Everything should have been planned out and been smooth. If you think this has been smooth, be real.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Well, it is night again in the UK. Looks like nothing happened today. So I guess that pushes it off until Monday at the earliest. Wonder if they will still make a late August release now.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Mike said his contact for Steam was in the UK. Don't ask me.

"I've asked Steam about beta and keys. I'm awaiting a response on how we go about getting those. Our reps are in Europe, so the response time is a little off.

My understanding is we will get a list of keys for the Beta, then email them out to those on the beta list. That person will need to download the steam client, then use the key to get access to the Beta."

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I say again. It is night time in the UK. Nothing happening until at least Monday.

Thought that was a little weird myself. Now I don't know what he meant. If the Steam reps he is dealing with are in Europe or that the people who deal with the Steam reps at Farsight are in Europe right now. Either way, seems like a communication nightmare that won't be resolved quickly. Next week, maybe?

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Our rep is in Luxembourg to be exact. Valve is headquartered in Bellevue, WA, so I'm not sure why our rep is in Europe.

I got a response from them on the keys, we're working out the details. As soon as I have something more definitive we'll let you know.

As for why I didn't ask sooner, I saw something on the steam dev site for getting beta keys. I figured you could just request them on there. As it turns out I need Valve to set something up first, then I can request keys off the site whenever we need them. Everything else I've done with them had been pretty easy and quick, I didn't expect this to take days or even weeks to resolve.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Hey, Mike - as an iOS-primary TPA junkie, your public (posted on these forums, anyway) work hasn't impacted my enjoyment of TPA, so I haven't given you an "Atta boy!" yet. Here it is:

"Atta boy, Mike!"

Seriously, I've been where you are, and you're doing a commendable job. Dealing with rabid TPA fans, third-party publishers, reticent platform companies, internal management, and more is pretty tough - I hope you still like coming in to work every day. :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Well, this is a novel situation. Do I issue an infraction for people offering praise in the Designated Complaint Area? :confused:

(just kidding!)

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Oops, I forgot where I was!

Sorry Sean, it won't happen again.

And Mike, I take it back.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online