It's March..

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
..and yet still not even a word about the PC beta release that was supposed to released in January. Maybe someone from FarSight cares to comment?

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
Communication is not FS strong point. So expect a verbal update when enough people complain. Then people will complement FS for keeping them up to date.

But yeah, a PC release or any kind of update is beyond over due.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Communication is not FS strong point. So expect a verbal update when enough people complain. Then people will complement FS for keeping them up to date.

But yeah, a PC release or any kind of update is beyond over due.

Well in this instance the op could have made his topic much clearer in the hopes a devolper sees it.

Farsight cant check every post in the community on the off chance that it concerns them.

Id rather they work on the things you whine about.

Craig Booth

Feb 28, 2012
Well in this instance the op could have made his topic much clearer in the hopes a devolper sees it.

Farsight cant check every post in the community on the off chance that it concerns them.

Id rather they work on the things you whine about.

True. Although my comment was directed at FS lack of updates and comm's in general, not just on the PC version. They shouldn't have to look at message boards full stop to know that their customers need better communication.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
What difference would it make? They'll release the info when they're ready.

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
What difference would it make? They'll release the info when they're ready.

In an open source project, an answer like "it's done when it's done" is acceptable in most cases.
For a game that hasn't sold any copies yet I would find the same answer acceptable as well.
For a game that has already been paid for, I expect at least clear communication, in which FarSight repeatedly fails. It's surprising actually and throws a quite unprofessional light on the company.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Actually when I read the title of this thread in the PC section I knew exactly what it was about. I posted this:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3498-PC-release-for-Kickstarter-Supporters
and didn't get a response. I don't like complaining because I love what the Farsight guys are doing and I know they are small, however at Christmas they said an email would go out in Jan about a special build for Kickstarter supporters that opted for the PC platform, then shortly after they said they need to get it running under XP, etc.

I just wonder why they announce something knowing they aren't in a position to deliver, and why oh why don't they make an announcement through the official Kickstarter channels/page after all that is how the donation transaction was established with backers.
I

Mr. Pacman

Feb 28, 2012
It's simple...they want to keep the hype but they don't care so much about PC users. Silverball Studios (Pro Pinball creators) have found a publisher for PC and they only offer 3 remastered original tables from the 90s. I find it hard to believe that Farsight can't find a publisher after so many successful tables, hype and expensive licenses.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
Its bs. The only reason I supported the 2 kickstarters is for the pc version.

I dont own a console, I have a kick ass gaming pc attached to my 50 inch tv.

Honestly the cell phone versions are a waste on a small screen and I have no use for a tablet.

Ive lost hope that we will see a pc version anytime soon.

I think they make announcements about the pc version in hopes that the pc users will purchase the tables on other platforms while waiting for the pc.

Honestly I dont think farsite cares much when or if the pc version ever gets released

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Tablets are where the big money is, can't blame them for focusing on that market.

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
Unfortunately, It's a shame to get so much delay for the PC release. When released (I hope it will) consoles and phones will be at more than 15 packs already released (exept x360...). So the time between table packs will have to be too short... 5$ per month is ok but 2x5$ per month would be too much I think. Same for x360, they planned to release 40 tables in 2013 (in less than 9 months?), I'm afraid not so much xbox360 owners would be ok to buy 20 packs (100$) during 2013...

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Aurel: So you think Xbox and Pc users will complain if they get a pack every two weeks for a few months until they are up to speed? That is a new view on things :confused: If you can't afford a pack right away, you can alway buy it later. Doesn't really matter anyway. Let us first get a release date before we complain about to many tables to play ;-)

Aurel

Jul 27, 2012
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that these delays make them lose money. Nothing more.

thetrout

Apr 10, 2012
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that these delays make them lose money. Nothing more.

No doubt. I'm basically just waiting for them to take my money (I'd buy every table for the PC), but I increasingly get the impression that they don't care anymore.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
No doubt. I'm basically just waiting for them to take my money (I'd buy every table for the PC), but I increasingly get the impression that they don't care anymore.

That throw away comment makes no sense. They can't afford to not care - they are battling against time, resources, logistics and an ever expanding wish list.

The latest interview with Bobby made it sound like the PC version is gaining momentum.

302mike

Mar 16, 2012
I followed the development of this game since it was first announced and it's a real shame they never made good on the PC version, which is the only platform I care about. Sure I bought the first 4 tables for iOS when the game first released to show some support because the PC version was right around the corner. Not a chance now. Too long with bull**** excuses and no communication. I'm done with PA for good. They can take the PC version and shove it up their asses now. Too late guys. You lost a hardcore pinball fan who would have bought every single table.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
302mike
Why miss out on a good game out of spite? Wait til it's released, read some user reviews and then make a decision. There are plenty of companies that I hate, but if their product is good enough, I still will buy it. I get the frustration but don't miss the party just because your invite came late.

thetrout

Apr 10, 2012
That throw away comment makes no sense. They can't afford to not care - they are battling against time, resources, logistics and an ever expanding wish list.

The latest interview with Bobby made it sound like the PC version is gaining momentum.

Apologies. I hadn't heard that audio interview. I'm still excited, just impatient, since I've been wanting a PC version since the game was first announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online