January TotM Groupings and Results

JustinCamp

Sep 23, 2015
Whelp, I'm starting to learn how much I rely on EB's lol.........
STTNG: 1.985 bil, not what I was hoping for, EB's all day on that one that I had to watch go down the drain haha.....
T2: 285 mil, so disappointing considering I'm playing it way too much for the other tournament. I think I am entirely done with the chase loop, I will probably never play T2 again after all this haha.
ES: 16,846,620...prolly my only decent score however I know a lot more is available on this table
TO: 1.136 bil, I think I should have played this during table of the week......no idea how to get high points

Fun stuff guys thanks for setting it up!

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
T2---67,846,200 Struggle a lot with this table, with the weak left ramp shots and straight down for a drain.

Tee'd Off-- 184,645,890 Not one of my better scores, just couldn't get a game going. Almost spelled Gopher.

STTNG-- 1,625,223,680 Like this table the more I play it.

Earthshaker!--30,905,850 Remember the middle ramp is your friend. This table is always a bit of a grind for me.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
I was strugling with my new build. TPA suddenly slows down after playing a while and hoggs 100% cpu power (on the 1 core it uses), and I have to flip between fullscreen and window for it to "let go". Don't know why it does it - and that is why one of my screens is not on Steam, I forgot I started it as standalone to see if it happen there too, and it does.

So I am quite amazed that my scores are actually up there in the top - Earthshaker especially as I always found the table interesting but hadn't really played for real until now. Read up a bit on the rules and with the second try it just flowed, 24 mill, drained 2 or 3 EBs.
Was expecting more from T2 as I know the rules and watched Bowen play it and in tournament, but I see that 240 mill is quite acceptable.
StarTrek 2,182,127,680. I was expecting to get more and now again I see that the score stacks up pretty well.
And 1 bill on Teed off, lucky it just fell in - 1 bill, thank you.

Entered my scores SYT, lets see if you find some space for me :)

SYT: Did my scores get entered in the scoreboard? Didn't check what it said on the last screen and as it lets my choose my name again without complaining I am wondering.

Last edited:

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
Weird tournament for me today. The 2 games I've been playing loads because of the Kickstarter tourney I did terrible in, and the other 2 which I've hardly played in ages I did great (for me) in.
Anyway I enjoyed it. Lets keep this tournament going guys it is great fun:)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
ok so I'm finished, kinda struggled the last two tables but some nice stints, just too inconsistent.
Star trek 3,4B, T2 1,1B.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Sometimes I'll post my predicted scores, but this time I'm just gonna dive right in without any practice. That is, if I can get people to stop calling and texting. So my Scores will be somewhere around the average of what people are posting, and then divided by 2. Sounds like a job for a math wiz, are there any of those out there?

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I think I play these tournaments better after a couple of Tequila shots. I am not fond of any of the camera angles on these tournament tables except for Earthshaker. That was my best score. I was an easy mark in the bracket round.

I had a great time. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for another year fellow players. Thanks S-Y-T and the tournament support people for another great year. Look forward to the next year.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just missed the chat party by 1/2 hour, but I'll still be in there. So here's what I ended up with

ST:TNG - 1,937,749,920
Not sure what was going on, but I just couldn't hit any of my shots

TO - 1,637,822,540
Mainly from lightning rounds, 1 of them showed up as a random award. And at one point I just kept nailing the gopher wheel over and over, and got par-tee

ES - 2,793,820
Hate this table with a burning passion. Had a better score going (like 6 mil) but then I got a stuck ball. Call attendant didn't work, and tilting messed up the game. Also I got a text that caused my ball to drain right away. Ugh

T2 - 532,897,610
This one went better than expected. Got into a grove with that chase loop, and somehow managed to get a super jackpot when really I was only trying to go for the chase loop. Pretty big difference from my first attempt which was 75mil

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That's it for another tourney, and a wrap on our 2nd season!

[MENTION=5727]Voof[/MENTION] took yet another tourney. Would have been interesting to see how he'd done had he been playing the entire season. [MENTION=2355]Captain B. Zarre[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1051]Pinballwiz45b[/MENTION] went neck and neck as has been the case most of the season, but in the end...

[MENTION=1051]Pinballwiz45b[/MENTION] takes the entire season! I think he led in points the entire time actually. I could go back and check, but it's late. Really appreciate everybody having a good time with this. I was a bit busy to secure giveaways this time, but we'll see what we can get for maybe the season opener next month.

Speaking of, if you haven't done so already, please check out http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/11148-Options-for-continuing-TotW and leave your thoughts on how and if TotW / TotM should continue.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Well done Pbw45b. Come and get your reward tomorrow in the BlahCade blab session.

(prize, like the cake, is a lie).

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
What a nice suprise to wake up to, tenth place is really good for me - maybe I should try to up my presence in the leaderboards.

A worthy season winner, congratz!

Three cheers for ShutYerTrap!!!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If those results are correct, I managed to sneak into the top ten of the season. Pretty happy about that.

Members online

Members online