January TotM Groupings and Results

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, due that shakes some results up.

I copy and past the results you guys enter on the scoring site directly to my tourney spreadsheet. Any errors in score are solely based on users not entering it in correctly, which is precisely what happened with [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION] and his T2 score. Going from 4th place to 1st in his grouping wound up changing some placings in both the tourney and season. Hope no one feels like the rug got pulled from under them.

So while voof still won, Captain B. Zarre dropped to 3rd with switch3flip sliding now into 2nd.

For the season, Pinballwiz45b didn't lose his spot, but switch3flip jumped up to 2nd and greatdane took 3rd.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Okay, due that shakes some results up.

I copy and past the results you guys enter on the scoring site directly to my tourney spreadsheet. Any errors in score are solely based on users not entering it in correctly, which is precisely what happened with [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION] and his T2 score. Going from 4th place to 1st in his grouping wound up changing some placings in both the tourney and season. Hope no one feels like the rug got pulled from under them.

So while voof still won, Captain B. Zarre dropped to 3rd with switch3flip sliding now into 2nd.

For the season, Pinballwiz45b didn't lose his spot, but switch3flip jumped up to 2nd and greatdane took 3rd.

Cool, thanks [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] yeah sorry Steve Harvey said it was some kind of rollover bug or something ;) nevermind, well cool, I'll take first loser this month and total and congrats to voof and big ups to pinwiz45b!

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
Congrats to all and thanks [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION] for organizing it all. Unfortunately my 'vote' for the Xbox 360 went missing again, but otherwise all is well :)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Congrats to the winners. Jared, you nudged me out man! I blame Earthshaker though.

It's kind of weird to think about this. I had 3 tables in the top 10 absolute results. #8, #10, and #5. And my ES was sooo bad that it brought my overall place for this month down to #24. It makes it worse that I had the 'can't find the ball' glitch during a good game. I was still on ball one. Ahh well, it's something to shoot for for next time.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's kind of weird to think about this. I had 3 tables in the top 10 absolute results. #8, #10, and #5. And my ES was sooo bad that it brought my overall place for this month down to #24.

It's all about your groupings, not the absolutes. Requests have been made to put people into divisions, but I don't think they understand the power of groupings. There has been times where in the absolutes I was bottom 3rd, but so was the rest of my group and therefore my points were still keeping me up there. So it goes both ways. I recently was at a league night, and on one table I was absolutely crushing it, but unfortunately so were both my competitors. The 3 of us wound up with the highest absolute scores, but I took 3rd on the table so had a solid 12 people earn more points for the night because of that.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It's all about your groupings, not the absolutes. Requests have been made to put people into divisions, but I don't think they understand the power of groupings. There has been times where in the absolutes I was bottom 3rd, but so was the rest of my group and therefore my points were still keeping me up there. So it goes both ways. I recently was at a league night, and on one table I was absolutely crushing it, but unfortunately so were both my competitors. The 3 of us wound up with the highest absolute scores, but I took 3rd on the table so had a solid 12 people earn more points for the night because of that.

Just sayin. To come in 24 out of 27 with 3 top 10 scores. I realize that grouping is everything. Next time I'm putting my phone on 'do not disturb' mode. Cause it got kinda shaky during EarthShaker. Looking back I should've played that one on PS3. Bought season 4 just a while back and have been playing SST nonstop. I just love having a 3rd flipper.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm re-playing the tournament on my PC just for fun. Got 8.2b on STTNG. Yeah, that would've been a lot better :D

I wonder if I want to annoy myself even more and play the other three tables?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.