Just completed an 11.6 billion game!!!

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
POSTED BY SQUID
I will throw in my Congratulations to you but, I'm throwing in some skepticism as well. Playing only on a PS3, I see 58 mobile scores above mine. Why are the mobile scores even on the PS3 leaderboard? Getting a 10+billion score on a PS3 seems to be highly unlikely (darn near impossible) in my opinion.

I really don't know about that, certainly on iOS the nudging is no piece of cake since you have to extend your index finger to the top of the screen. Also Squid, for a long time you had been leading me on the Leader boards by a few spots with a 3+Billion score, but both of us always competing for that Monthly top spot (- that is if your are the same ||SQUID|| on the leaderboards). So...I didn’t come from nowhere (my score name is “arturodelvalle”). I look forward to try a PS3 and see if there’s a difference, we should ask the fellows on the board that own both.

Cheers.

Posted by JEFF STRONG
Seems like it would be much easier to hack on Android. Not so sure about iOS, but I guess anything's possible

I don’t know anything about hacking guys, just plain RBION playing, that is the only table I play even though I do own the other ones, I really liked no good gofers and taxi is kind of fun with that ole music, however RBION for some reason is the one for me.

As for the whole topic about Asia, that is an advice that I give you guys if you want to go the distance. My point is avoid the Left bumpers at all costs. Sure it is a blast, and together with Australia, Asia is a very easy continent, but when you are on your last balls after many hours of game you will NOT want to risk making a mistake in Asia and going on the Upper Left Loop, below the ramp which will drop your ball on the Left bumpers, and when that happens you have absolutely lost control of your ball.

After you have accumulated your first billion of points it is time to start playing very conservatively, and that is: NO ASIA unless you stack it with a multi-ball Continent mode which are plentiful, because you don’t want to lose control on the left bumpers in case of a mistake.

In the very beginning of the game I will throw balls at Asia right away because I am not risking points, but after the game gets serious (1+Billion game) I will not risk it. Sure you lose a little bit of the fun of the game, but that fun is replaced by the massive point accumulation on Continent Tours.

This brings me to the topic of stacking upon stacking. Stacking is the key here to accelerate the pace of the game, if you go by continents one by one it will take you soooo long to accumulate points. The only time I invest all my attention and a little more time to every single continent is on the first TOUR because is the one that give you a 5-10 second ball save on your multi-ball modes (This was a suggestion by pinball wizard Keith Elwyn), but that’s it.

After around 2-3 tours I start playing more with an interest to only accumulate letters from Australia and Asia with a Multi-ball Continet stacked on it in order to score hopefully those two letters. Then I forget about the rest of the continents, just make them circulate as fast as possible. Also after a while you might even want to start dropping that second ball on any given Multi-ball Continent mode in order to Move forward as quickly as you can. And Don’t drain your main ball. You will need at least 1-3 Tours per ball since there are around 10 balls on each game after all extra balls, so that will put you in shape. Touring is the key to big points.

Of course if you star messing with tombs, left bumpers, Super jack pots (with only one ball on the field which in this case inevitably will lead to bumpers) you are always risking that possibility of a drain, and a drain even of an extra ball will have a repercussion with your final score.

To conclude this long post and to change topic, I would like to make note that there’s 8 persons above me on the leader boards, I don’t know what kind of device they use since that is not available to see from my Ipad ( we don’t get to see what devices everyone has), but clearly there are 8 more persons that even doubled my score. Is that hacking? There is a member of this forum that goes by the name of “go for the wall” he is the 1st place in All time on RBION, lets ask him to bring some light into the topic and ask if there is any thing strange about this.

Peace to all of you, pinball friends. And keep playing RBION, it’s the best table yet, can’t wait for the Twilight Zone.

Last edited:

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
That was a really interesting exchange there Serenseven. I too feel Asia is one of the easiest to get a letter on. I also think hitting a lit super jackpot to be a breeze...just shoot the continent scoop, then fire away with the upper flipper. I can hit that shot way more consistently than shooting the penguin loop.

It appear as though I did not explain my point clear. I am not claiming ASIA to be any difficult or nailing a SuperJackPots to be hard, as a matter of fact they are extremely easy, but that ease comes with a price, and that is the Upper Left Loop leading to those Pesky Left Bumpers.

Yes, those shots are a breeze, and fun as well, but they can bring bad consequences when you risk losing control of your ball on the Bumpers.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I really don't know about that, certainly on iOS the nudging is no piece of cake since you have to extend your index finger to the top of the screen. For most of the time you had been leading me also on the Leader boards with a 3+Billion score, both of us always competing for that montly top spot. I didn’t come from nowhere (my score name is “arturodelvalle”). I look forward to try a PS3 and see if there’s a difference, we should ask the fellows on the board that own both.

Cheers.

I don’t know anything about hacking guys, just plain RBION playing, that is the only table I play even though I do own the other ones, I really liked no good gofers and taxi is kind of fun with that ole music, however RBION for some reason is the one for me.

As for the whole topic about Asia, that is an advice that I give you guys if you want to go the distance. My point is avoid the Left bumpers at all costs. Sure it is a blast, and together with Australia, Asia is a very easy continent, but when you are on your last balls after many hours of game you will NOT want to risk making a mistake in Asia and going on the Upper Left Loop, below the ramp which will drop your ball on the Left bumpers, and when that happens you have absolutely lost control of your ball.

After you have accumulated your first billion of points it is time to start playing very conservatively, and that is: NO ASIA unless you stack it with a multi-ball Continent mode which are plentiful, because you don’t want to lose control on the left bumpers in case of a mistake.

In the very beginning of the game I will throw balls at Asia right away because I am not risking points, but after the game gets serious (1+Billion game) I will not risk it. Sure you lose a little bit of the fun of the game, but that fun is replaced by the massive point accumulation on Continent Tours.

This brings me to the topic of stacking upon stacking. Stacking is the key here to accelerate the pace of the game, if you go by continents one by one it will take you soooo long to accumulate points. The only time I invest all my attention and a little more time to every single continent is on the first TOUR because is the one that give you a 5-10 second ball save on your multi-ball modes (This was a suggestion by Keith Elwyn), but that’s it.

After around 2-3 tours I start playing more with an interest to only accumulate letters from Australia and Asia with a Multi-ball Continet stacked on it in order to score hopefully those two letters. Then I forget about the rest of the continents, just make them circulate as fast as possible. Also after a while you might even want to start dropping that second ball on any given Multi-ball Continent mode in order to Move forward as quickly as you can. And Don’t drain your main ball. You will need at least 1-3 Tours per ball since there are around 10 balls on each game after all extra balls, so that will put you in shape. Touring is the key to big points.

Of course if you star messing with tombs, left bumpers, Super jack pots (with only one ball on the field which in this case inevitably will lead to bumpers) you are always risking that possibility of a drain, and a drain even of an extra ball will have a repercussion with your final score.

To conclude this long post and to change topic, I would like to make note that there’s 8 persons above me on the leader boards, I don’t know what kind of device they use since that is not available to see from my Ipad ( we don’t get to see what devices everyone has), but clearly there are 8 more persons that even doubled my score. Is that hacking? There is a member of this forum that goes by the name of “go for the wall” he is the 1st place in All time on RBION, lets ask him to bring some light into the topic and ask if there is any thing strange about this.

Peace to all of you, pinball friends. And keep playing RBION, it’s the best table yet, can’t wait for the Twilight Zone.

Rock on dude if your upfront as you seem to be fair ****ing play...im not much for ribion anyway...onlyndude you cheat with glitches isnyourself....then again i remeber the 3 second mario course

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
actually... i don't care much for this machine... but i have played it and found somewhat fun out of it.
i agree with carl splitbee.... DO IT ON A REAL MACHINE.... you will get ur azz kicked...
no, i am not saying your hi score is not valid... but i have my doubts. and if our score is real....congrats... however i would like to know your prevoius scores and also a video to watch would be nice.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
also like too add... if serenseven doubts it.... so do i.
and if SQUID. has trepiditions (on this machine) so do i.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
actually... i don't care much for this machine... but i have played it and found somewhat fun out of it.
i agree with carl splitbee.... DO IT ON A REAL MACHINE.... you will get ur azz kicked...
no, i am not saying your hi score is not valid... but i have my doubts. and if our score is real....congrats... however i would like to know your prevoius scores and also a video to watch would be nice.

Every machine will kick everyone's ass. however given sufficient practice I think I could bring goods scores on it too. So bad I haven't found any. As for my scores I have been consistently achieving 3 billion since the last month, but I was due on this one day. As for the video I don't have the tools for the Ipad, would gladly show everyone if I had.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
grrrrr.... i am inclined to believe you.... even tho i have no reason to.....
i hope you didn't take my last post as talking shhhhhiiiit.

have fun bro

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just to be clear, Advalle, I wasn't accusing you of hacking. I was just replying in a general way to Squid's post about the differences between the mobile and PS3 versions and why the leaderboard scores in general might be so different.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Yeah, I'm not trying to harsh on your mellow Mr. Arturo, I've just been skeptical of mobile scores since day one because I play on a somewhat dedicated gaming platform. This isn't the only table dominated by mobile devices. I just wanna ask ya, how many times have you ever tilted out on a run for a score? At the top of the PS3 heap, scores 1 & 2, I managed to tilt a ball on each of those games. Superior nudging has its drawbacks.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I very rarely have problems with the bumpers on RBION. If the pops put the ball in the Idol, just make sure you give the table a moderately-hard nudge to the right when the Idol is about to throw it. Even if he throws it straight down, your nudge will cause the side of the machine to pop the ball over the slingshot and onto your left flipper. The timing is quick, but once you find it, it's quite repeatable.

TZ's bumpers, on the other hand, are rightfully feared because there is no Idol to give you a chance to react and the left outlane configuration is not amenable to saves.

The real RBION is very hard. Ball times are longer than on a real TZ, but it's very difficult to get good scoring opportunities going. I would expect it to kick nearly anyone's arse.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Note to self. Never start a high score topic.

Edit: Get high score first. Then never start a topic.

Last edited:

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Note to self. Never start a high score topic.

Edit: Get high score first. Then never start a topic.

You'll get your ass kicked, and then the real machine will kick your ass to finish up the job, lol. Just kidding.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Advalle, I don't think you've yet mentioned how long it took playing to get that score. Even if you don't remember, what's the average time it takes you to score a billion (I think you said you do that regularly)? Also, when you say you play conservatively, what shots are you meaning? I know exactly how to do that in BH and CFTBL, but have yet to get any kind of sensible control in RBION.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Advalle, I don't think you've yet mentioned how long it took playing to get that score. Even if you don't remember, what's the average time it takes you to score a billion (I think you said you do that regularly)? Also, when you say you play conservatively, what shots are you meaning? I know exactly how to do that in BH and CFTBL, but have yet to get any kind of sensible control in RBION.

It took me around 4-5 hours. You should be in a one billion score within 1-2 hours i would say.
Remember scoring grows exponentially.

Conservatively means i attempt only shots I have mastered: that is varitarget, left ramp, right ramp. Any other shots that are to be attempted should be done with a multi ball. It is straightforward simple play. That is what i mean by discipline... You only attempt three shots basically, score, rinse and repeat. This conservative play i attempt it when deeper on the points, not since the beggining, its up to you or anyone to decide when to start it. I do it in the 1 billion or so level.

Im sure that would be the way other good players play on the other tables

Last edited:

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I just got this game today to 1Billion and it took me exactly 1hr and 10mins, I kept track of time for this game. I stopped it because I need to work on something for tomorrow for work.
I post the following picture

66556_10151172982383138_1765970416_n.jpg

The following is the picture of the Last Continent Tour Bonus Points I made on this same game. Notice these are close to 200Million. So at this point the Bonuses start to get really juicy. Sometimes if you rush it you can do a tour in around 5 minutes if things work your way. So add up the points and you'll get up in the billions easily.

545326_10151172982173138_931705494_n.jpg

This is when the game starts to get interesting!!!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
And here I'm happy when my continent tour is worth 18 million!! Dammit, I gotta play this table more.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.