Just completed an 11.6 billion game!!!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Geez, that tour score is higher than my total score. But what's with the huge gap in the score chart between you and all the 20 billion scores up there Arturo? Now THAT'S suspicious.

If those were supposed to be ToM scores, then that means you sir, are supposed to be #1.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

And here I'm happy when my continent tour is worth 18 million!! Dammit, I gotta play this table more.

I've been playing this too, past couple of days since reading this thread.
Funny how reading about another's success makes you want to try it for yourself!
(I'm still trying to get Atlantis goal - so not quite in same league though :))

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Geez, that tour score is higher than my total score. But what's with the huge gap in the score chart between you and all the 20 billion scores up there Arturo? Now THAT'S suspicious.

If those were supposed to be ToM scores, then that means you sir, are supposed to be #1.

What's a ToM score?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
tom = theater of magic.. i was kinda confused by fungi's last post. sooo it may have meant something else?

Ah, sorry. At some point, the scores between Theatre of Magic and other scores boards had gotten swapped. This is the only reason I can think of that would explain the scoring gap in RBioN.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've been playing this too, past couple of days since reading this thread.
Funny how reading about another's success makes you want to try it for yourself!
(I'm still trying to get Atlantis goal - so not quite in same league though :))

No kidding, right? I'm just trying to get the hang of stacking, as from all Advalle's posts it seems that might be key. I gave it a good go last night, scored a high for me, a measly 236 million, but I got an Atlantis almost as an afterthought for my troubles. Bummer was I was one shot away from 2x scoring, and I missed and hit the start of Atlantis instead. I had to laugh too, cause Advalle says he does at least 3 continent tours per ball, and I'm lucky to get one every 2 balls.

I really just need to get better and more consistent with my shots. I can hit the continent scoop at will with the left flipper. I can shoot the right ramp at will with the right flipper. I can hit a lit Super Jackpot probably 90% of the time. Everything else gets dicey. I can't hit the shrunken head on purpose to save my life. Shooting the left ramp with the left flipper is a 50/50 proposition, from a stand still. If the ball is moving its a total crap shoot. I can't hit the left ramp with the right flipper from a caught ball at all. So I still have a ton of variables I need to lock down before I feel I have any amount of control of this table. Weird too, cause I locked into Creature and MB almost immediately, but RBION, ToM, and TOTAN (all those original tables) I am completely inconsistent with.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Ah, sorry. At some point, the scores between Theatre of Magic and other scores boards had gotten swapped. This is the only reason I can think of that would explain the scoring gap in RBioN.

It would be inice to see them play every once in a while, and place in any given spot in the weekly or monthly spots! I have not seen any of the top 50 players with the 10billion and up scores place anywhere in monthly or weekly scores in the last months. Only person continuously there is squid and myself.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It would be inice to see them play every once in a while, and place in any given spot in the weekly or monthly spots! I have not seen any of the top 50 players with the 10billion and up scores place anywhere in monthly or weekly scores in the last months. Only person continuously there is squid and myself.

insert my rant about ALL boards needing to be reset here

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
No kidding, right? I'm just trying to get the hang of stacking, as from all Advalle's posts it seems that might be key. I gave it a good go last night, scored a high for me, a measly 236 million, but I got an Atlantis almost as an afterthought for my troubles. Bummer was I was one shot away from 2x scoring, and I missed and hit the start of Atlantis instead. I had to laugh too, cause Advalle says he does at least 3 continent tours per ball, and I'm lucky to get one every 2 balls.

I really just need to get better and more consistent with my shots. I can hit the continent scoop at will with the left flipper. I can shoot the right ramp at will with the right flipper. I can hit a lit Super Jackpot probably 90% of the time. Everything else gets dicey. I can't hit the shrunken head on purpose to save my life. Shooting the left ramp with the left flipper is a 50/50 proposition, from a stand still. If the ball is moving its a total crap shoot. I can't hit the left ramp with the right flipper from a caught ball at all. So I still have a ton of variables I need to lock down before I feel I have any amount of control of this table. Weird too, cause I locked into Creature and MB almost immediately, but RBION, ToM, and TOTAN (all those original tables) I am completely inconsistent with.

Keep them continents circulating, master that left ramp shot at will. And when you start getting close to your record dont ever chase superjackpots, its a trap! Let multiball continents take care of them. For the longest time I stayed also in the 200 M score to, so dont worry, as long as you keep getting those scores higher.

Ah, and did I mention? Learn to do a ball exchange from flipper to flipper when the ball is in control on an undesirable flipper. Im sure theres a technical way to say it, like cradle exchange, i dont know. But i dont think that should be a problem for anyone.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, 343 million just now! Yeah, I just started going for continents and then saving that 2x multiplier jewel until I was ready to complete the tour. I was so stoked to see a continent tour with a score of 65+ million! I'm really working on that left ramp shot, trying to shoot a live ball into it every opportunity I get until I figure out when exactly to flip.

I think I know why I'm having flipper inaccuracy issues as opposed to some other tables, and that is there's nothing right above the flipper where the ball rolls for me to visually key off of. The tables I do well on, they all have some marker I can use, even though I do so unconsciously now. I have the same problem with MM, so I'm just trying to get the sense memory of what a successful shot is. But man, I was feeling it that last game! Hooked on this table once again.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Okay, 343 million just now! Yeah, I just started going for continents and then saving that 2x multiplier jewel until I was ready to complete the tour. I was so stoked to see a continent tour with a score of 65+ million! I'm really working on that left ramp shot, trying to shoot a live ball into it every opportunity I get until I figure out when exactly to flip.

I think I know why I'm having flipper inaccuracy issues as opposed to some other tables, and that is there's nothing right above the flipper where the ball rolls for me to visually key off of. The tables I do well on, they all have some marker I can use, even though I do so unconsciously now. I have the same problem with MM, so I'm just trying to get the sense memory of what a successful shot is. But man, I was feeling it that last game! Hooked on this table once again.

LOL, welcome to my little world.. Hehe.

N

Nik Barbour

Ah, and did I mention? Learn to do a ball exchange from flipper to flipper when the ball is in control on an undesirable flipper. Im sure theres a technical way to say it, like cradle exchange, i dont know. But i dont think that should be a problem for anyone.

Question for anyone.

How is this Post Pass/aka Post Transfer/ aka Slingshot Pass safely done on this table.
I understand the mechanics of it...

Cradling a ball, a v quick off and back on the flipper causes the ball to bounce up, hit the lower post of the slingshot, and travel in a graceful arc to gently land and be cradled by the flipper on the other side.
Now on most Williams tables, I can do this in my sleep. Left to right - right to left - no worries.
But in Ripleys, if cradling on rh flipper, quick flick of the flipper, sends ball up, bounces off lowest slingshot post, ball then travels in 7 or 8 o'clock direction and deflects off lh flipper sometimes bouncing back to rh flipper. It's obviously due to table arrangement of slingshot and flipper.

It just doesn't feel safe doing this on this table, and requires violent nudging to keep it under control.

I've tried different frequencies of tap, even double tap, and holding other flipper up. Can't pull it off safely on this table.
As you state, it is something thats needed on this table - any tips or is nudging to control the only option?

(hope the description makes sense - a picture would have saved many words:))

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Flippers physics are generally wrong anyway so I wouldn't worry.

Tried doing a post transfer on a real table? It doesn't work as easily!

N

Nik Barbour

Flippers physics are generally wrong anyway so I wouldn't worry.

Tried doing a post transfer on a real table? It doesn't work as easily!

Yeah - real life was a different experience again!

Just this tables arrangement is causing me grief - most other TPA VP & pbfx2 tables I can post transfer in my sleep.
Not on Ripleys though!

N

Nik Barbour

OT but you coming to the Scottish Open Nik?

No - it'll be play.expo Manchester next year before I get on the real thing again. Just family and all, I haven't the funds to go anything other than local.
Take it you're going - looks good - have a blast, and don't forget to post up what/how you get on! :D

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nik, I tried doing post transfers last night too, and your description is right on. Doing it immediately sends in on a slingshot parade, do it a hair later, and I just send it up the right ramp. Actually, that's how I'm doing my transfers and why I'm trying to get good at live ball aiming with the left flipper!!

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
It works for me, it took me a little to get it, but its possible to do a transfer safely

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.