Lights Camera Action Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
In the B Vers. (don't know if it was also in "A") there is all time a background noice like an old mechanical electronic engine; like an engine which has driven the manual HC count in the first pinball machines and it runs all the time. Effect is the sound is not clear...

That's actually the motor sound from the rotating mini-playfield which turns on when you press start (start a new game) and stays on for the entire duration of the game. This mechanical sound was previously missing from the "A" build.

Ryan...I'll post my bugs/issues list when I get home from work later tonight.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
That's actually the motor sound from the rotating mini-playfield which turns on when you press start (start a new game) and stays on for the entire duration of the game. This mechanical sound was previously missing from the "A" build.

Hmmm, in depends of the sound system it does will be ok; from my point of view - mini loudspeaker in the tab-its destroyed the good sound of the whole table. It's not nice to hear it all the time. It's welcome for the ears , if the game is finish and a normal sound is playing and I'm not the youngest one (near to 50)... It's will be ok, if it played during minigame

Btw: all Mastergoal solved (also with the *Blockbuster* bug :) )

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Hmmm, in depends of the sound system it does will be ok; from my point of view - mini loudspeaker in the tab-its destroyed the good sound of the whole table. It's not nice to hear it all the time. It's welcome for the ears , if the game is finish and a normal sound is playing and I'm not the youngest one (near to 50)... It's will be ok, if it played during minigame

I have to agree with you on this one. While the mechanical sound is authentic, the mere fact that it plays throughout the entire duration of the game can definitely detract from the enjoyment of the table. Maybe we can see if Ryan or Flippy can ask that the volume of the motor mechanical sound sample be lowered or only play while the mini-playfield is rotating.

We're all going to have to give our feedback on this one cause this unintentional annoyance may detract others from purchasing this table and I'd really hate to see that happen.

EDIT : I vote for : Motor Mechanical sound sample volume to be lowered.

I changed my vote cause I want this table to be as authentic as possible, but the motor mechanical sound should only be slightly audible when playing the real table with the glass on IMO.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
What's your preference on the motor mechanical sound sample?

My voice alone may not be enough to get this inquiry looked into.

The mechanical sound for the motor is still being tuned, thats just what we had in on Friday. So its still being looked into.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
In this new version if you go to menu and read instructions for table, the sound gets stuck and a harsh hammering sound is looped. It goes back to normal when you go back and so it doesn't stick permanently but it's unbearable to listen to and read instructions I have to turn off the sound.

I believe I found the culprit to be the attract music turning on during the menu music which is causing the overlap. I have this bugged in our database.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The mechanical sound for the motor is still being tuned, thats just what we had in on Friday. So its still being looked into.

Thanks Flippy. I'll post my updated bugs/issues list later tonight.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I'd like to see all motor sounds significantly decreased across all tables. Motor sounds should be subtle at most, and should not detract from the sound and music.

Glass-on, quiet room, should be the way motor sounds are sampled.

Glass-off, quiet room, for solenoid sounds.

/me looks at the gnashing noise the whirlwind disks make on that table.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Build "B" Updated Bugs/Issues List

Galaxy S4 running Android 4.2.2

Lights...Camera...Action!

• The Lights...Camera...Action! table image on the Table Select Screen appears to be turned off. NOTE : The table image should look like it's turned on (lit playfield and lit backglass) like the other table images on the Table Select Screen.

• Table Select Screen confirmation sound for Lights...Camera...Action! has been changed to a simple "clack" sound. NOTE : The "Quiet on the set" confirmation sound was a better option IMO.

• There are two overlapping tracks playing at the same time during the fly-over screen after you hear the words "Lights...Camera...Action!".

• A looping "clack" sound plays continuously in the background while viewing the instructions.

• All four cameras in both portrait and landscape views need to be re-adjusted.

• The red and blue flood lights that periodically appear on either side of the scoreboard are missing their wire frame coverings, do not have an on/off state and they have black boxes around them. NOTE : Any chance the flood lights can become a permanent fixture of the HUD, one positioned to the left of the scoreboard and one positioned to the right of the scoreboard (like they currently are when they appear) with an on/off state (and wire frame coverings so that they match they way they look on the real machine) so that they flash at the appropriate times instead of just appearing and disappearing?

• The playing card indicators on the HUD only display the "A" and do not display the "K", "Q", "J" or "10". NOTE : Would be nice if we could have all five of the circled playing card indicators displayed at all times on the HUD with a rectangular box around all of them and an off-white background to match the look of the playing card indicators on the backglass.

• The motor mechanical sound sample for the rotating mini-playfield is a bit too loud and needs to be lowered in volume to better represent the actual sound of the motor mechanical sound on the real table with the glass on.

• All three dark blue transparent plastics could use a bit more transparency.

• The on-state of the "Shoot Again" cutout needs to be a bit brighter.

• The flasher (just to the right of the G.I. light bulb) under the "Special Million" pink plastic does not fire and needs to be hooked up. It should flash at the same time as the flasher under the orange plastic on the upper right hand corner of the playfield just below the ball launch habitrail.

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013

sorry for the late response; I'm just at home after work
I would prefer, that the motor mechanical sound is played maximal just in front, during and a little bit after Miniplay. Also in the case, if I would assign or program the control, the motor should be stopped, if he not needed anymore in the meantime ;)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok guys, here is the last beta: http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity3.apk

-cameras adjusted
-sound pass made to update levels
-quiet on the set sound put back
-clack sound fixed in instructions
-tuning changes to plunger to prevent rare wall pass through.
-table render in main menu lit up
-shoot again brightened
-Engine fix implemented to fix card issue in hud.
-Transparency adjusted for blue plastics
-flasher implemented
-Black box removed from red and blue lights (note it was decided not to add the wires, it did not look right).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok guys, here is the last beta: http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity3.apk

-cameras adjusted
-shoot again brightened
-flasher implemented
-Black box removed from red and blue lights (note it was decided not to add the wires, it did not look right).

Thanks Ryan.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
OK, now with adjusted camera I can finally see the post in the middle. But I also noticed that is almost impossible to save the ball with it. Like it is to narrow so the ball in 95% reflects left or right under the flippers but almost never upwards.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Note 2:
LCA: in the instructions the table music plays and another song is playing over top of it.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Also. Those of us who use shake nudging have no way to nudge upward. I understand that this was because of a sensitivity issue with the accelerometer and it's orientation to the ground. Would it be possible to have a touch nudge area between the flippers so that we can nudge upward while leaving shake nudging active?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

-cameras adjusted
-shoot again brightened
-flasher implemented

Thanks for the fixes here, Ryan.

In this build (and in the previous LCA builds) I can't use the Hardware Controller buttons to select the high score initials. I can do it fine on other tables in the collection.

I've also noticed that I can barely get one loop around the loopey thing (from the upper left flipper) most times. It usually dribbles into the loop. Maybe I'm just not good enough at this shot yet.

I've also noticed that when the ramp is aligned to let the ball travel up into the gun fight hole, there is an audible metal ting and the ball seems to slow down considerably instead of cleanly exiting the ramp and dropping onto the playfield.

It might be too late to check these out now, but if you could log them in the bug tracker for later investigation that would be awesome.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I don't know it is a bug or not:
At the beginning of the game one card lights : this sbould be ok. Edit: 2cards» is this one right?
If Ihave collect the 5th card, the bonus is given, but should in this moment light the first card automatically? I would expect, that all cards are dark, till I collect the first one.

Last edited:
N

netizen

the 3 build forced a new version of Junkyard on my Nexus 5, and the there is a growing problem with the plunger and L Flipper.

When you hold the L Flipper it interferes with the plunge zone by making the plunger pulse and move slightly. This makes the super skill shot very difficult, and plunge dodgy with the plunger occasionally firing automatically or accidentally due to the flipper or the plunge zone not being separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts