Links to Tutorial Videos and Rulesheets

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
Hey thanks for making a list. Amazing how one small post can motivate somebody to make such a great list.
Cheers!!

thank you for putting the request out there. only took a couple of hours to compile; all the hard work had already been done by the providers. hope it can help others to enjoy TPA even more. cheers mate!

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Can someone find a CV video tutorial? Papa haven't bothered with that for some reason, I always learn better from the videos than reading the rulesheets.

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
Can someone find a CV video tutorial? Papa haven't bothered with that for some reason, I always learn better from the videos than reading the rulesheets.

as you say pinball.org has no tutorial video. don't have a jb device myself so can't produce one either but can tell you my strategy.

first of all I don't go for the marvels I only concentrate on the ringmaster. after 3 ringmasters have been defeted extra ball is lit at the juggler (to the left). after ringmaster 2 you get a 2 ball multiball (frency, razz and special). I try to stack multiballs for these, usually the juggler (left) or highwire multiball (middle ramp). if you do this first of all you get 4 balls multiball and more shots give you a jackpot.

as I said earlier I also try to ignore other marvels, the main reason is 'cus if you haven't finished all of them the 5th ringmaster start ringmaster battle. this mode give you 1m per shot at the ringmaster, but you have a limited time to hit him. if you aren't fast enough you lose and the mode ends. I also try not to win (hit him enough times) to quickly but rather to hit him every now and then to keep getting 1m per hit. sadly you can't stack other multiball modes with ringmaster battle.

when you have defeted him and finished all the marvels you have to join the cirqus. in the first mode you have unlimited balls for 20s and have to shot one shot each in all the places that blink. the second mode you need to shot the ringmaster, then the middle ramp 5 times each; here you have unlimited balls for 20s as well but I prefer to do it with one ball. the third mode you need to shot the shot that is blinking 6 times. the fourth mode is multiball party, where everything (more or less) scores 1m. try to keep at least 2 balls going and score as much as you can.

hope it helps a bit.

edit: I kind of agree that rulesheets aren't really good when it comes to strategy, even tho most of them contain some info regarding how to take advantage of the rules. have been thinking about to start a strategy guide thread, are you guys interested in it?

Last edited:

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
sorry for the long wait for an update. been taking a break from pinball and TPA. updated the OP with new releases and announced tables. thanks a lot FarSight for sticking to it and working so hard. and to the community for keeping it alive!

Elvira tables are missing along with ST:TNG. All 3 have gameplay videos.

Here's the Attack From Mars video tutorial from PAPA[:] http://pinball.org/videos/tutorials/attack-from-mars/

all added to the OP. thanks!

They haven't fondled the Genie yet.

no tutorial but I added the gameplay video found at PAPA.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
This is (admittedly) one hell of a bump, but I wonder if FarSight would look at some kind of partnership or agreement with IPDB, PAPA or the like to have links in-game (for the platforms that support it) to YouTube videos or PDFs of rulesheets and tip videos? I realise that it would take away from that one aspect of the Pro versions of tables (that being the pro tips) but even just a link to rulesheet PDFs (I think they're on IPDB?) would be rad as hell and provide some interesting reading for when you can't play the tables themselves.

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
sorry for the big delay but I finally updated the OP. all new releases added and fixed all broken links.

thanks for all positive comments. enjoy! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.