Lord of the Rings

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I think this is the best pin to have at home.

I really really want an ac dc cause. Think thats the most fun and will blow you away.

But....... When you just want a relaxed game of pinball, deep in the night.... You will still be blown away by acdc. So that might be not very handy at home, and maybe it get a bit boring that it is always full gas that pin.

Lotr will stand the time easely at home.
For what it's worth, I have an AC/DC Premium at home and love it. Would love to add a LOTR to keep the AC/DC and the TZ company, though.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
With all this talk of TSPP I thought this was worth a bump. Would like to see this just as much as TSPP as the next Kickstarter. Wonder what the difference in cost would be? Jersey Jack managed to obtain The Hobbit so hopefully not an impossibility...

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
With all this talk of TSPP I thought this was worth a bump. Would like to see this just as much as TSPP as the next Kickstarter. Wonder what the difference in cost would be? Jersey Jack managed to obtain The Hobbit so hopefully not an impossibility...

19047-Simpsons-Gif.gif

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Count the number of famous actors on the LOTR machine compared to the TSPP machine and you have your answer ;)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My bias here is just as much as Paragon vs Xenon (sorry to bring that up)... my TSPP experience is one game on a broken table, LotR is half-a-dozen games on well-maintained tables at a couple of shows. So of course LotR wins. I'll take it.

GibGirl

Feb 4, 2015
I've only played this once in real life, and a bit on VP, but I've watched a number of videos of play (PAPA tournament video, and the Valinor strategy video). This would easily be the #1 machine I'd want to see in PA, and I'd waste no time in donating to a Kickstarter to see it happen. But I'm also not exactly holding my breath for it to appear. But hey, if Addams Family was able to happen, who knows?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
LOTR would be a great addition-a slight edge over TSPP. But can you imagine what the wiz goals will be? Good freakin' night!

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=2355

thats the one im playing, plays beautifully for me, i do have problems hitting the left ramp as consistently as id like but i put that down to me being pretty mediocre rather than anything else. its probably the best quality table ive got for VP as it happens

The above is probably the best VP version, but the flippers feel off. This thread: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=21226 has some good settings that improve that.

Count the number of famous actors on the LOTR machine compared to the TSPP machine and you have your answer ;)

Was just going to say this. Besides the Tolkien family, you have a multitude of actors in the game that will have to have their piece. I'd love to see this game on TPA, but I just can't imagine it...sadly.

Members online

Members online