March TotM Groupings and Results

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Anyone who is familiar with me by now knows 1. Very pro-tourney of any kind and 2. Very pro-league play of any kind.
-more the better, more variety the better. Devil is always in the details as I know...and time invested.
Some thoughts on two and out-
1. Strong players can already play a game once and move on, which many have done. For casual players, anything can be a challenge but two and out plunging extra balls seems fair to me, esp. When we have to get in 4 games on our busy schedules.
2. The single thread run seems the way to go.
3. My one idea for change would be 3 games instead of 4. That is subjective but 4th game just always seems a "fifth wheel" to me.
4. Instead of opening up more hours for european players, have a European counterpart run a two and out conjoining both two and out tournies results at a later date. Will free up your time for sure.
5. Reminders are great and don't bother me at all.
Thoughts on the bracket tourney
1. Tough to pull off with this format. Playing each day everyone would require fair and equal play time, another tough prop. And crossing fingers that the other player plays by the rules, which is another possible issue. Having said that. Always willing to try new things and if they don't work, no worse than it was before
2. One idea is to have an accepted time that both players agree to play on. Say, 3:00 pm PST. They would then have one hour max to play, say, 3 two and out tables. This would negate the grind, create free and equal time to both players, and ensure each game will have equal importance.
3. In general, Keep to the same two and out theme. Group players in two or three groups based on points, top 3 players in each group wins the group. Top score overall is champion.
For leagues, not much to say right now except I can see these forming on a geographic time zone type format. Seems that issue always get brought up. Good news on that is, you and I are both on PST :)
On the other hand, don't change anything. More or less, two and out successful so far.
Cheers

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
2 hours to go, here's who I'm missing scores from...
[MENTION=3]Jeff Strong[/MENTION] [MENTION=580]Heretic[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3293]Naildriver74[/MENTION] [MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5085]RushDude2112[/MENTION] [MENTION=2362]Firefox2000[/MENTION] [MENTION=1590]drheath[/MENTION] [MENTION=4507]Dedpop[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3745]vikingerik[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4614]Reagan Dow[/MENTION] [MENTION=376]Bahnzo[/MENTION]

Get those scores in!

My apoligies bud, unfortunatly something came up at the last min so i was unable to get on PBA over the weekend, but thanks for your hard work in running it, i hope i can join the next one.

And congrates to the winner. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.