March TotM Groupings and Results

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
Just submitted my scores, though I don't own High Speed. It wouldn't let me put a zero though, so you can change the "1" to a "0", or DNF or whatevs.

Same, form won't accept zeros. I did surprisingly well on the other tables, will be interesting to see where I finish.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
This was loads of fun! I usually play 3 ball games so I like the format. My scores could have been better, especially creature, but some could have been worse. Great to see so many in chat as well!

High speed: 8,607,890
Black Hole: 5,638.630
NGG: 89,578,840
Creature: 3,078,584,670

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Ok, my one game on NGG: 466,768,090. Did that by ignoring golf holes and just shooting towards multiball. Got multiball 5 times and raised the jackpot to about 15M plus collected the super a few times. The other big part of grinding locks is that every ramp shot raises the Range Value, which I had over 4M by the end and accounted for the single biggest source of points. (You score that for every driving range shot that goes up the middle.) Got two Hole-in-One Challenges anyway even without trying (Warp helped twice) which also scored a fair bit, 25M or so each. Plunged without playing 3 EBs on balls one and two and 2 EBs on ball three.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Funny, just saw my tourney 5.6mil on BH is a new highscore for me on the table. Lol. Shows how much I play it :)
Anyone else get a new high score?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I just wanna thank everyone for participating! Hope you had fun. I'm crunching numbers right now, and there's a lot of 'em. I'll do my best to have all the data posted in a bit. Stay tuned...

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Tuning...
My overhead neighbor woke me up as usual. He can't walk properly apparently and keeps stomping about in a 1-room apartment, dropping things and banging stuff around. Never hear any music or partying or laughter, only that eternal banging :( Hate him...

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I just wanna thank everyone for participating! Hope you had fun. I'm crunching numbers right now, and there's a lot of 'em. I'll do my best to have all the data posted in a bit. Stay tuned...

I'm sure everyone would join me to thank you for your personal investment.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Wish I could get 6th in my real table Tournament. Got 18th out of 25th last month. 😕

Props to the winners. It was a fun ride this month.😁

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Congratulations and salutations!

Thanks yet again Trappy for the tourney.
Last time I couldn't believe how good I placed, this time maybe a little bit disappointed that I didn't step it up :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Whew! Numbers are all in now. I need sleep.

There was a lot of shifting this time, which is where the season becomes fun. If anyone has any questions about rankings and why they are the way they are, hit me up. If anyone knows how to program algorithms so that this stuff can be done automated, please please please hit me up!

I will have avatars for the winners soon, and I'll do the drawing for the TAF download at some point tomorrow.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Woohoo, yes! Thanks Gus! Thanks Jay, Jared, Locksley and most of all big thanks to Shutyertrap for setting this up. Had a blast with playing and chatting. Congrats to Invitro and oh yes a big thanks to lady luck because it was very tight with lots of great scores.
Looking forward yo next tourney! Figjam!

jdoa

Jan 8, 2015
I surprised myself with Black Hole last night, but as soon as I lost ball 2, I felt like I could fall asleep RIGHT NOW! But then I still had three tables left to play.... I definitly feel I could do allot better in this tourny, but I didnt prepair the right way lol

SsnakeBite

Mar 28, 2015
That was a lot of fun. These tourneys are a great idea. It's a bit frustrating to have to plunge extra balls but I suppose it's necessary to make the tournament a show of skills by limiting the number of balls per game.

I'm fairly pleased with my performance although I do believe I could have done better. I really blew it on No Good Gofers, especially since when I trained under tournament rules earlier, I actually beat my best score and achieved a 133 + millions points result, so to score just under 20 million during the actual tourney is... mildly frustrating, to put it lightly.

But yeah, it was fun and a nice change of pace from regular gameplay. I'm also pleasantly surprised with how well I ranked (although to be fair, it seems NGG kicked everyone's ass) so I'm looking forward to the next one.

And how did I end up first of my group in High Speed?!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That was a lot of fun. These tourneys are a great idea. It's a bit frustrating to have to plunge extra balls but I suppose it's necessary to make the tournament a show of skills by limiting the number of balls per game.

And how did I end up first of my group in High Speed?!

This is why I like this tournament format so much. You only get the two chances, which means a table can completely be a dick to you and cause you to wreck. On the flip side, you can have a good game and come out on top for your group. There are a couple of groupings, where scores were high and tightly grouped. Had those people been in other groups, they would have won, but instead somebody is getting 3rd place! I think it encourages people to come back to the tournament month after month, rather than being beaten down and never wanting to repeat it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts