Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Version 1.66.5

Ghostbusters - I followed the instructions to light playfield multipliers. Over 10 games I was not able to light playfield scoring once-even when it was lit in the left captive ball. Each time it was lit I hit the captive ball three times and the 3 left targets-and never once did the 2x light by the left ramp.

This renders the standard goals achievement broken.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
Version 1.66.5

Ghostbusters - I followed the instructions to light playfield multipliers. Over 10 games I was not able to light playfield scoring once-even when it was lit in the left captive ball. Each time it was lit I hit the captive ball three times and the 3 left targets-and never once did the 2x light by the left ramp.

I did not read any instructions, but got all standard goals while playing my first game, just shooting for blinking stuff.

greatdane

Feb 19, 2015
Since the update the game keeps crashing to desktop when going to the leaderboards and selecting "Overall". This happens on all tables. Are the servers down or something?

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
Just out of curiosity: Does anyone else hear that the sound of Ghostbusters is really awful? Almost all sounds except for the mechanical ones sound like they come from an old worn-out tape. Hopefully this will be corrected soon as the sound is great on the real machine!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.66.5

The captive ball area is finicky in digital form. However, you can light the multipliers via the K lane, upon getting the Skill Shot.

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
So excited about getting Ghostbusters and yet the game is unplayably slow. Is there any word on what/why/when a fix might be implemented? Crushed.......

-Ski

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Don't know what causing it, I've tried it on my notebook, desktop pc, and work pc, and it worked fine on all of them.

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
Don't know what causing it, I've tried it on my notebook, desktop pc, and work pc, and it worked fine on all of them.

The game works fine with my PC that has a 1080 card in it, however, it is absolutely unplayable on my cabinet with a GTX750 ti card. A pinball game should always work with that.....

-Ski

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The game works fine with my PC that has a 1080 card in it, however, it is absolutely unplayable on my cabinet with a GTX750 ti card. A pinball game should always work with that.....

-Ski
What are the respective CPUs? That is much more likely to be the bottleneck with Ghostbusters. (If you can - try swapping the GPUs.)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Since the Scared Stiff update, the tv flasher in the middle of the playfield is tied to the skulls in the back of the cabinet, while when the tv is actually supposed to flash, it looks like dx9 lighting (without a glow). (Tested in dx11 only) And the 6 red flasher spheres have some weird line in them when lit.

Also, the Twilight Zone's shooter rod is not aligned properly since the tuning update, it's really visible in one of the skill shot camera angles. You can't see how far it's pulled back.

Quick reminder to Farsight, Greed music on Twilight Zone (DX11), and the Ultimate challenge/cash fight music in the Champion Pub is still missing, just like the main theme on Scared Stiff that just got fixed. And RoadShow has a pretty visible seam on the playfield.

SCAAMMM

Nov 6, 2013
The DMD display takes up too much of the screen in these new tables. Have to turn it off to play.

Come on, Farsight! This is basic stuff.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Ball 1 and ball 5 indicators are swapped on Spanish Eyes.

EDIT: No, they're not. Sorry. What actually happens is it counts backwards -- first ball is ball 5, second is ball 4, so on. I don't know if this is a mistake or the actual table worked like that.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Ball 1 and ball 5 indicators are swapped on Spanish Eyes.

EDIT: No, they're not. Sorry. What actually happens is it counts backwards -- first ball is ball 5, second is ball 4, so on. I don't know if this is a mistake or the actual table worked like that.
It's how the table works. It's one of the first things mentioned in the instructions. Wild Card is the same. I assume it's common to all Williams EMs.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
It's how the table works. It's one of the first things mentioned in the instructions.

Oh, like I've gotten around to reading the instructions yet ... that comes AFTER the "futz around with it for a few games not knowing what I'm doing" part :p

EDIT: Huh, are these the only two Williams EMs we've ever had in TPA? [goes off to research IPDB]

Last edited:

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
OK, here's an actual bug ... one of the Spanish Eyes leaf-switch bumpers seems to be missing the elastic or whatever those white bands around the red posts are ... you know what I mean. You can see that it's missing clearly in instruction page 62 (if you're looking at "All instructions") or 16 (if you're just looking at "Misc. scoring")

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Oh, like I've gotten around to reading the instructions yet ... that comes AFTER the "futz around with it for a few games not knowing what I'm doing" part :p

EDIT: Huh, are these the only two Williams EMs we've ever had in TPA? [goes off to research IPDB]

Yes. Previous EMs were:
Big Shot (Gottlieb)
Central Park (Gottlieb)
Fireball (Bally)
El Dorado (Gottlieb)
Jacks To Open (Gottlieb)
Centigrade 37 (Bally)

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Yes. Previous EMs were:
Big Shot (Gottlieb)
Central Park (Gottlieb)
Fireball (Bally)
El Dorado (Gottlieb)
Jacks To Open (Gottlieb)
Centigrade 37 (Bally)

Heh, I was just coming back from my research as you posted this. What was throwing me off was that Jive Time isn't in TPA, though Farsight had used it in an earlier game.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Playing Class of 1812 in the latest version, when I finished the game the dialog that showed my score was transparent - just the white text, no silver/gray background. After closing that dialog I got a mangled score display ...
1812.jpg

After that, going to some of the main menus, all kinds of things started to go haywire. (example: an arcade screen that doesn't have any table icons, settings screen that has no background behind the buttons, etc.) I can't tell if this was all caused by doing something specific in 1812 ... I had been playing for an hour or so, various tables, and evidence suggests that the longer you play a single session of TPA the higher the odds it's going to do something strange ...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.