Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Playing Class of 1812 in the latest version, when I finished the game the dialog that showed my score was transparent - just the white text, no silver/gray background. After closing that dialog I got a mangled score display ...
1812.jpg

After that, going to some of the main menus, all kinds of things started to go haywire. (example: an arcade screen that doesn't have any table icons, settings screen that has no background behind the buttons, etc.) I can't tell if this was all caused by doing something specific in 1812 ... I had been playing for an hour or so, various tables, and evidence suggests that the longer you play a single session of TPA the higher the odds it's going to do something strange ...

Yeah, this is a known memory leak in the game. Happens after launching multiple tables regardless of what you choose.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Wild Card is missing a 10000 marking on the playfield above the left outlane
Spanish Eyes is missing a 5000 marking above both outlanes
Spanish Eyes is not awarding extra balls, dont think the knocker sound either

None of the EMs show the credit wheel aside from El Dorado. This is a must have imo

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
For some reason, TPA doesn't save properly anymore. Just got a new controller so I could revert to default settings. Every time I go in, it reverts back to the old settings.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Is the "get a skill shot" standard goal on Pistol Poker bugged or am I just misunderstanding the rules? It seems to me like I have gotten one. More than once.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Lots of bugs in 1.68.3

Pistol Poker-1st time I played I got the skill shot and Mega Mode and those goals didn't trigger. But the next time I went into it.....

Pistol Poker-all goals triggered any my high score is nearly 23 quadrillion points. My actual high is 89M so far.
GB-all goals triggered and my high score is shown as 61 quadrillion points. (Wish that were true LOL!!!)
Wipeout-all goals triggered and I still haven't even come close to the 300M dog bonus.
Fathom-all goals triggered but I still haven't earned the 1.1M bonus or the bonus special.
Al's garage band-all goals triggered. Now that one I can accept without guilt-I've earned the 200M jackpot more than 6 times and it never registered before.

Whoa! I'm not one to brag about getting goals I have yet to earn. Someone played fast and loose with this release. I got all of the wizard goals on Pistol Poker on literally just two plays, and not even very skilled ones at that.

Something tells me the hundreds of hours of playing TPA and working so hard for the many goals I did properly earn are about to go to hell. Not good for TPA or FarSight.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
The flippers on Pistol Poker got zero collision with the ball if the ball comes from below them.

As above, the skill shot goal doesn't seem to work.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Released on a Wednesday? /logic

But then again, they still have tomorrow and Friday to work things out before Christmas, come Monday. I'll get the list updated in due time; I was not expecting this. Potential rollback needed?

Version 1.68.3 Bugs:

General:

Game can start with ALL wrong local scores, even after resetting. Started happening with Pistol Poker - wrong reading of files?
Game can also start with bugged goals toggled, or even make them not toggled. Steam achievements can toggle too.

Pistol Poker:

Some of the flashers around the ramp don't have advanced lighting yet.
Skill shot goal bugged.

Last edited:

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Lots of bugs in 1.68.3

Pistol Poker-1st time I played I got the skill shot and Mega Mode and those goals didn't trigger. But the next time I went into it.....

Pistol Poker-all goals triggered any my high score is nearly 23 quadrillion points. My actual high is 89M so far.
GB-all goals triggered and my high score is shown as 61 quadrillion points. (Wish that were true LOL!!!)
Wipeout-all goals triggered and I still haven't even come close to the 300M dog bonus.
Fathom-all goals triggered but I still haven't earned the 1.1M bonus or the bonus special.
Al's garage band-all goals triggered. Now that one I can accept without guilt-I've earned the 200M jackpot more than 6 times and it never registered before.

Whoa! I'm not one to brag about getting goals I have yet to earn. Someone played fast and loose with this release. I got all of the wizard goals on Pistol Poker on literally just two plays, and not even very skilled ones at that.

Something tells me the hundreds of hours of playing TPA and working so hard for the many goals I did properly earn are about to go to hell. Not good for TPA or FarSight.

Rehtroboi, Sorry to hear this. I am not having any of these issues other then the skill shot goal not triggering. I play the DX11 version. I wonder if something became corrupted when Steam updated the game or if some files are missing. You should go into Steam and verify the integrity of the game files for TPA. This has fixed some issues for me in the past.

Spoke too soon. When I relaunched TPA the goals you mentioned all started being triggered through Steam achievements.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Rehtroboi, Sorry to hear this. I am not having any of these issues other then the skill shot goal not triggering. I play the DX11 version. I wonder if something became corrupted when Steam updated the game or if some files are missing. You should go into Steam and verify the integrity of the game files for TPA. This has fixed some issues for me in the past.

Spoke too soon. When I relaunched TPA the goals you mentioned all started being triggered through Steam achievements.

Well, at least I've finally got my Al's Garage Band wizard goals achievement after many months of the 200M goal not triggering it.

On the other hand, it seems dishonest to be getting achievements I haven't earned yet.

It's TPA. At this point, it is what it is. I'll still be playing a good amount of Pistol Poker and still trying to get token #26 in Safe Cracker.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Well, at least I've finally got my Al's Garage Band wizard goals achievement after many months of the 200M goal not triggering it.

On the other hand, it seems dishonest to be getting achievements I haven't earned yet.

It's TPA. At this point, it is what it is. I'll still be playing a good amount of Pistol Poker and still trying to get token #26 in Safe Cracker.

Glad you are having fun with Pistol Poker. I guess there is no way for Farsight to reset these goals for us. Too bad the 3,000,000 point Genie goal didn't trigger. :)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Glad you are having fun with Pistol Poker. I guess there is no way for Farsight to reset these goals for us. Too bad the 3,000,000 point Genie goal didn't trigger. :)

New build released -- turns out they tried fixing Steam Cloud saving, but it borked our saves as a result. This next build reverses it, for the time being. Those of you who unlocked several Steam achievements, you'll come out lucky.

That being said, for those affected, you'll have to manually go in each table and reset all local scores, unless you have a backup. Turns out to be quite the task -- there should be a full reset where all local scores are wiped.

Version 1.68.4 Bugs:

General:

Ball control is turned on for any table launched.
No access to the tournaments.

Pistol Poker:

Skill shot goal bugged.

Last edited:

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
New build released -- turns out they tried fixing Steam Cloud saving, but it borked our saves as a result. This next build reverses it, for the time being. Those of you who unlocked several Steam achievements, you'll come out lucky.

That being said, for those affected, you'll have to manually go in each table and reset all local scores, unless you have a backup. Turns out to be quite the task -- there should be a full reset where all local scores are wiped.

Version 1.68.4 Bugs:

General:

Ball control is turned on for any table launched.
No access to the tournaments.

Pistol Poker:

Skill shot goal bugged.

Thanks for the update PinWiz.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I think this might not have been mentioned yet. The local high scores are completely broken and all of them seem to be gone. Just opened a random table and they look like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1239086146

Already mentioned and fixed. Farsight attempted a cloud sync fix but it corrupted all the scores and goals locally. Back up your files.

EDIT: Some users have reported this issue even after the reversion of the cloud sync fix. Still, you should reset your scores in case this happens.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Is still happening today from what I can tell. My hdd save is from the 14th and looks fine in a hex editor. Load the game and scores are corrupt. Use a debugger to inspect the program memory and the save data area has been stomped/corrupted.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.