Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.69.4 Fixes:

General:

The UI can bug out when entering, starting a game, resetting, and leaving multiple tables. This can cause textures of the game to "unload" when entering sub-menus, and if loading tables continues, memory will eventually run out.

Twilight Zone:

The GI in the Power Mini-playfield and the Clock are tied in with the right playfield GI.
Brighter flashers and GI are needed, similar to that of Addams Family.
T.5. 19, the Mini Playfield flashers, need brightened.
T.8. 09, the "Lock 2" light, is very dim.
T.8. 17, the Left Outlane EB light, ties in with the Lock 2 light.
T.8. 57, the green bulb (Left Spiral light) right next to the Powerfield, is very dim.
T.8 55 and T.8. 56, the 2 red lights on the Powerfield, are very dim and illegible.
Some 5 Mil lights, as well as the 3 left ramp arrow lights, Clock Millions light, and Power Payoff light, are dim.
Gumball machine seems to have "always on" GI.

Bugs:

Haunted House -- no game sounds? Also, HH crashes upon starting a game sometimes.
Pressing "ESC" in DX11 sometimes goes from Fullscreen to Windowed mode. Could just be me.

Sorcerer:

Bonus sounds are strange. Should sound like the one from the Williams Collection.
Missing lower backglass lamps.

Eye flashers misplaced.

Twilight Zone:

Slingshots are not scoring.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is the cloud save bug fixed? Is it safe to go back in? I've been avoiding Steam TPA all month... only played Pistol Poker on Android thus far.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I launched 1.69.4 for the first time and it suddenly gave me a whole load of goal achievements ... many of which I hadn't earned. I don't synch to cloud so I never had the initial problem. I have a whole bunch of tables that have now moved into Wizard category (e.g. all normal goals complete), and three in Wizard Complete that I know for a fact don't belong there (easy to spot since I only had three tables in Wizard Complete before and I know exactly which ones they are).

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Steam Cloud is enabled on my end; can confirm that the issue has been resolved.

If achievements are still popping and you haven't done anything; reset your progress or start a fresh save; chances are that your goals and local scores are still bugged from last month's fiasco.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Well, the interesting thing is I played several times while the fiasco was happening and didn't experience the problem or see any weirdness with goals or scores. Very strange.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Fireball after the update.

Pnv2V7i.jpg

Ghostbusters still awful and unplayable. :(

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
Yes, Ghostbusters is stuttering like crazy and is unplayable. It should be possible to have it back to what it was before Pistol Poker. Before that update everything was fine!

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah as soon as tpa fired up I started getting achievements I haven't done and Ghostbusters is still jaggedy laggedy glitchy :mad:

When it's working, I prefer the tpa Ghostbusters version over the stern tpa, the lighting looks better, the sound is much better and it even plays and feels better.

Please farsight take back pistol poker and sorcerer if it fixes Ghostbusters.

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Both Sorcerer special wizard goals does not register. Goals does not sync with my second PC. TPA crashed when switching from DX9 fullscreen to the desktop and back during gameplay. That's a poor release...

Last edited:

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Sorcerer on DX9 the Williams logo on the bottom left of the table is slightly off to the side clipping into the metal frame.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
And the stupid local high scores are still get crazy high. Come on farsight, this was with introduced last table update you should have fixed it now or is this gonna be permanent????

We get more bugs than fixes with each release. It really IS one step forward two step backwards.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Both Sorcerer special wizard goals does not register. Goals does not sync with my second PC. TPA crashed when switching from DX9 fullscreen to the desktop and back during gameplay. That's a poor release...

1) I'll see if I can replicate this. Marking as bugged regardless.

2) Back up / make a copy of your save, then share it on the other system. I'm not sure if it works, but it's worth a shot.

3) I don't DX9 much, but I can check to see if this holds true on my end. Did you alt tab out and back in while paused?

Sorcerer on DX9 the Williams logo on the bottom left of the table is slightly off to the side clipping into the metal frame.

I think I did notice it on DX9. You're mentioning the apron?

And the stupid local high scores are still get crazy high. Come on farsight, this was with introduced last table update you should have fixed it now or is this gonna be permanent????

We get more bugs than fixes with each release. It really IS one step forward two step backwards.

I've said this once and I'll say it again: Reset your HighScores file, or restore your old one with a backup copy. This issue has been fixed, but the damage has already been done; it's up to the player to figure out what to do. Come to think of it, some instructions may be needed -- a separate thread on this?

That being said, I don't know if anyone has done it before launching TPA with the new update. The achievement bug may still be there, even after wiping out all buggy progress clean. I don't know for sure because Sorcerer Scores and Standard Goals toggled automatically while in beta (basically the same scenario), while the local saves were still borked. That's why I need someone to test this with a fresh save, in case this is still a relevant issue.

-----

All in all, the Master List is made to help keep track of issues. It's there to help Farsight. New issues will pop up, yes, but every report helps. One giant leap needs two steps back.

I just wish Farsight would communicate more on getting a fix list out and work on more major issues, so as to not leave me guessing what got fixed while updating the list. So far I have not seen one for this release.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I received the High Score Achievement for Sorcerer when logging in, without ever having played the table.

I think it has to do with the error of the high score file from last month's release. The high scores were just wrong. There should be a button to reset all high scores (without deleting all achievements). Don't want to go through all the tables and manually reset them. And my backup was too old - doh

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

You have saved me at least a month of playing Sorcerer. Like so many other TPA tables lately goals don't seem to be registering. I wait until they finally fix this before I play again. Or better yet, I'll be enjoying some un-bugged games, like PFX3.

If there's no season 8-I can live with that at this point. Each new table adds a litany of new bugs and seems to cause more damage to TPA itself and it's brand.

Maybe SPA can change all of that....oh wait!

Members online

Members online