Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
if it slows down in multiball you might have to lower your resolution in the backbuffer section or lower the AA settings sounds like your pushing your system to hard

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
if it slows down in multiball you might have to lower your resolution in the backbuffer section or lower the AA settings sounds like your pushing your system to hard

MM is the only table affected. I tried your suggestion and lowered the rez and that worked. But now I'm going to have to actually WANT to play MM and set it up before I play, as opposed to just scrolling around and playing whatever table I happen to land on. Because I ain't lowering the rez for the other tables if they don't need it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
MM slows down bigtime when Castle Multiball is active. DX11.

Might be your system. I experienced a similar issue with CV slowing down when in attract mode. But probably because the camera is moving.

Maybe I'd like to see a non-fly through attract mode as an option?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
theres a few tables that stress the system more then others
Off the top of my head TOTAN, Black Hole, and Circus Vortaire will all dip below 60 and cause slowdowns if you set your image quality to high for your system.
MM multiball might fall in the same category.
Its up to you if you want to set your settings to high for some tables, but from what was discussed before they won't be optimized more then they are.

You could try turning the AA samples to 1 and quality to 0 and raising your backbuffer resolution instead..I find a desktop resolution of 1080x1920(or 1080x2200 with camera mod) and a backbuffer of 1.8x times that 1944x3456 (1944x3960 with mod) improves the visual quality immensely with less performance hit them setting MSAA to 8 and quality 100

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
What is an AA sample?

Edit: Good lordy that worked! I take everything back I said about you Robert. I still don't know what those AA settings are tho'.

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
As mentioned somewhere else this did the trick for me regarding all performance issues: disable all quality and fx settings in the TPA control panel.
Enable everything through Nvidia control panel, and go for even higher settings without any performance drops.

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
The physics in Circus Voltaire feel really weird, the ball will accelerate at weird times at very high speed, and overall it feels a bit odd and floaty. Anyone else experienced this?

crazywolf

Jul 9, 2013
I have found 2 things in Whirlwind:
Sometimes on Multiball the Camera dont move to the plunger, stays on the playfield. But i cant reproduce when it happens.
I had to do the Standard Goal 5: Quick Multiball Million. I activated Super Door Bonus (didnt get the Million before in Quick Multiball) and startet QM from Super Door Bonus. When i get the Million, the Goal is not done.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I had to do the Standard Goal 5: Quick Multiball Million. I activated Super Door Bonus (didnt get the Million before in Quick Multiball) and startet QM from Super Door Bonus. When i get the Million, the Goal is not done.

Maybe it said "2 Million" instead of "1 Million". That could be why the goal didn't get completed.

baaadllama

May 21, 2015
I just played my Central Park and my ball count was always resetting whenballs were draining. first game, DX9, got to ball 4, and at moment of drain, the counter would switch to 3, then back to 4, giving endless 'ball 4' balls. the next play, this time on DX11, the same happened but immediately at 'ball 2' so endless 'ball 2' balls.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I just played my Central Park and my ball count was always resetting whenballs were draining. first game, DX9, got to ball 4, and at moment of drain, the counter would switch to 3, then back to 4, giving endless 'ball 4' balls. the next play, this time on DX11, the same happened but immediately at 'ball 2' so endless 'ball 2' balls.

That's correct behavior if you're collecting a Special (= Extra Ball) every time. Listen for the "knock" sound. In Central Park this maxes out at 20 EBs in one game, so eventually you stop collecting EBs and the ball counter will advance to 5 and game over. Once you have both the Red and Green specials lit, it's very easy to collect Specials, since completing 1-5 or 6-10 collects the Special - not just hitting the target - and the lights completed are carried over from ball to ball.

For all of the scripted tables in TPA, if you've earned an EB, when the ball drains the ball counter decreases by 1 and increases by 1 when the ball is fed to the plunger. Sometimes tables are glitchy (Genie in particular can lead you to playing multiple Ball 0s!), but for the most part it works just fine.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
This is in Dx11 mode.

Black Rose:

When getting HS and Most Ship Sunk you enter your initials for HS but if you press the 'enter' button after it shows Most Ship Sunk before any letter choosing comes up it will launch a new game where the flippers are unresponsive and your HS and Most Ship Sunk are lost.

Happened to me in BlahCade tournament of the month too.

Next time I will wait and see if the screen for choosing initials comes up before pressing the 'enter' 'start' button. But anyway, it is not disabled from starting a new game and so it bugs out.
Guess it is an interface issue.

Bride of PinBot:
Center ramp has a semi transparent box sticking up - like a hitbox in editing.

Last edited:

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
When playing in DX11 mode, the standard ball is sliding without rotating or turning. Even with the highest gfx settings.
when I change the ball it does rotate, until I select the standard ball again.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
When playing in DX11 mode, the standard ball is sliding without rotating or turning. Even with the highest gfx settings.
when I change the ball it does rotate, until I select the standard ball again.

:/

True ball reflections has plagued us from the very beginning on consoles, then onto pc. Heck, it should look as good as iOS!

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
On No Fear in DX11, the standard ball is much darker and seems more low-res and not bright and shiny like on other tables. It seems like the DX11 "brighten ball" setting isn't implemented on No Fear.

Also the upper flipper jump ramp has problems registering. Sometimes jackpots are given just be shooting up the ramp and not even making a jump shot with upper flipper, sometimes jump ramp shots are made but jackpots are not given.

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
On PS4 the standard ball is rotating when moving, on PC is more like an (icehockey) puck :)
Is there any solution for this avalaible?

L33

Aug 20, 2014
"No Fear"... is there an issue with putting your high score in or are they inputted differently? A couple of times I went to select my initials on the score board and instead of scrolling L/R when I pressed the L/R buttons, the letters got inputted as if I had hit the return button. Only seems to do it on No Fear. Probably something Im doing wrong...but on the off chance its not...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.