Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
"No Fear"... is there an issue with putting your high score in or are they inputted differently? A couple of times I went to select my initials on the score board and instead of scrolling L/R when I pressed the L/R buttons, the letters got inputted as if I had hit the return button. Only seems to do it on No Fear. Probably something Im doing wrong...but on the off chance its not...

Yep same here, using an X360 controller on a regular ol' PC.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
"No Fear"... is there an issue with putting your high score in or are they inputted differently? A couple of times I went to select my initials on the score board and instead of scrolling L/R when I pressed the L/R buttons, the letters got inputted as if I had hit the return button. Only seems to do it on No Fear. Probably something Im doing wrong...but on the off chance its not...

Try to use only the right button, worked for me.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Try to use only the right button, worked for me.

Now I come to think of it...it was when I pressed the left button that the letters got Inputted so pressing just the right button will probably work for me too. Wonder if that's how the real table worked...

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Can't believe that this is mostly untouched. Bugs are piling up here; it just gets longer and longer every DLC release...

Looks like I'll have to make a video on this one. I think I may be unclear on what I've reported.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Can't believe that this is mostly untouched. Bugs are piling up here; it just gets longer and longer every DLC release...

Looks like I'll have to make a video on this one. I think I may be unclear on what I've reported.

Thank you for taking the time. I sure hope we get some fixes, Black Knight first. Some other issues I have noticed:

Taxi: A drop target will be completed as the ball passes over it on the ramp, this makes completing Marilyn/Lola too easy. I dont think its like this on the real thing but was a little kid when I played one and cant remember, please correct if Im wrong.

Black Hole: Rollover lights at the top shine THROUGH the ball before going out. The rubber around the post at the top of the left in lane is conjoined with annother post, a siamese-post only way I can describe. Minor, but they bug me.

Champion Pub: When a fight starts with the ball in the jump rope, the ball fails to release, the jump rope comes on and knocks it out but not before the oponent can land a punch or multiple punches if one accidentally hits a flipper button and jumps the rope (not how it used to be and Im sure not how the real game is). Also the jumping action seems to be delayed when you are supposed to be jumping rope, this is especially noticeable on a second or subsequent try.

Attack form Mars: Rarely, the shield will stay down after a saucer is destroyed, when the saucer is shot again it will count as dirty pool though the shield was still down. Also I have had the shield come back up when still trying to destroy a saucer, making it impossible to finish or drop the shield. This sucks real bad especially when it takes place before the last country, ruining a long game.

Flight 2000: Plunger/ launcher cam 3 is broken

I saw more but thats what sticks out in my mind. I will try to make a habit of posting bugs right away

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Taxi: A drop target will be completed as the ball passes over it on the ramp, this makes completing Marilyn/Lola too easy. I dont think its like this on the real thing but was a little kid when I played one and cant remember, please correct if Im wrong.

Black Hole: Rollover lights at the top shine THROUGH the ball before going out. The rubber around the post at the top of the left in lane is conjoined with annother post, a siamese-post only way I can describe. Minor, but they bug me.

Champion Pub: When a fight starts with the ball in the jump rope, the ball fails to release, the jump rope comes on and knocks it out but not before the oponent can land a punch or multiple punches if one accidentally hits a flipper button and jumps the rope (not how it used to be and Im sure not how the real game is). Also the jumping action seems to be delayed when you are supposed to be jumping rope, this is especially noticeable on a second or subsequent try.

Attack form Mars: Rarely, the shield will stay down after a saucer is destroyed, when the saucer is shot again it will count as dirty pool though the shield was still down. Also I have had the shield come back up when still trying to destroy a saucer, making it impossible to finish or drop the shield. This sucks real bad especially when it takes place before the last country, ruining a long game.

Flight 2000: Plunger/ launcher cam 3 is broken

I saw more but thats what sticks out in my mind. I will try to make a habit of posting bugs right away

Taxi: Already reported.

Black Hole: Haven't noticed. Will take a look.

Champion Pub: It seems that I've never had this issue. I'll keep an eye just in case.

Attack From Mars: I'll keep an eye on that as well. Never noticed at all.

Flight 2000: Yep. Already on there.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm going to say that the AFM issue is a ROM issue and not a bug, in which case it can't be fixed. I had a game the other day where the force field got stuck in the "up" position after I'd conquered Mars. As a consequence, this meant I couldn't hit the saucer at all afterwards, meaning no increase in Victory Lap values :(

The CPub thing, too, I've seen it, and I bet it's a ROM error.

rennervision

Feb 2, 2013

I originally had this problem with No Fear, and now I'm having it with Judge Dredd. What gives? Whether I use the left or right button, it seems to enter whatever letter is currently available for selection. Surprised not very many people are complaining, so I'm wondering if this is only happening to some of us. If so, is there a workaround because I haven't been able to enter my initials for high scores now for the past two months. I'm using an Xbox 360 controller by the way.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Remap the second flipper buttons (usually on the bumpers) to the D-pad. Do it in DX9 as the remapping appears broken in DX11. The mapping will be honored in both DX9 and DX11.

rennervision

Feb 2, 2013
Remap the second flipper buttons (usually on the bumpers) to the D-pad. Do it in DX9 as the remapping appears broken in DX11. The mapping will be honored in both DX9 and DX11.

Unfortunately all that did was change it so my input was no longer recognized unless I used the D-pad, and then the D-pad had the same problem. All my high scores now are like "AAA" and it's starting to drive me ka-razy.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
El Dorado (1975) special light does not come on. Can't get wizard goal. Wow! Just released this table. How could that slip by. Sheesh!

DX9 or DX11? 3 ball or 5 ball?

DX9 should be fine. I think DX11 needs brightened up a bit.

If 3 ball, it's supposed to light after knocking down all 10. If it's 5-ball, it's after knocking down all 15 targets.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Unfortunately all that did was change it so my input was no longer recognized unless I used the D-pad, and then the D-pad had the same problem. All my high scores now are like "AAA" and it's starting to drive me ka-razy.

I'd assumed you'd re-mapped the flippers from the triggers to the bumpers. That's my default set up. Here's why it's happening:
- On all tables that have extra buttons, the secondary flipper buttons are mapped to these extra buttons. For example, magna-save on Black Knight, or the Extra Ball ("cheat") button on Jack*Bot, or the mini-flipper on Starship Troopers. On No Fear, this is the "Extra Ball" button (no idea what it's used for...?), on Judge Dredd these are the "move chain link" buttons.
- The default (X360 - I can't speak for others) controller set up is for the flippers to be mapped to the triggers, and the secondary/extra buttons to be mapped to the bumpers.
- If you re-map the flippers to the bumpers (like I have), this automatically re-maps the secondary/extra buttons to the triggers.
- Now if you need to enter your initials after a game, TPA takes control of this and forces you to use the triggers to select letters. (Try a game like Dracula or White Water, these often have a delay between the game bringing up its initial entry screen and TPA taking control - you can select letters using the bumpers until the TPA screen pops up and forces you to use the triggers.)
- Now the problem arises if the triggers are mapped to secondary buttons. The emulation is still running in the background, and is still accepting and processing input from the controller. On No Fear and Judge Dredd, those secondary buttons - the "Extra Ball" buttons and the "Move Chain Link" buttons respectively - act as "Enter" buttons when entering initials. So on No Fear, whichever trigger is mapped to "Extra Ball" sends an "Enter" to the table, and the letter gets selected. On Judge Dredd, both triggers send an "Enter" and select the letter.
- Hence my solution - which I've tried, and it works - to re-map those secondary buttons to the D-Pad (or really, anything other than the triggers). The triggers no longer send an "enter" to the table when you're entering initials, and everything works as intended.
- If you do this... remember that TPA doesn't remember these settings per table, so if you go play say Starship Troopers, remember to re-map the mini-flipper to the right trigger, unless you want that extra degree of difficulty.

Ronwell_Pudding

Apr 7, 2014
DX9 or DX11? 3 ball or 5 ball?

DX9 should be fine. I think DX11 needs brightened up a bit.

If 3 ball, it's supposed to light after knocking down all 10. If it's 5-ball, it's after knocking down all 15 targets.

I don't even bother with DX9 anymore but I see what you mean. Quite an oversight for such a simple table. I had to really watch to see it turn on in DX11. Thanks.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I'm not sure if this lighting bug has been identified but I finally got a round to making some screencaps of it .. Basically randomly when the game is started with DX11 there seems to be a different overall brightness to the lights in the game.
Sometimes light bulbs seem over saturated,with whiteout bloom everywhere but the next time you run the game it seems normal.
This greatly effects performance on tables like Cirqus Vortaire and TOTAN and others like Funhouse etc.
The effect is very easily seen on Phantom where the caps of the bumpers with the masks will be washed out when its happening...vs normal.

I've used the Camera mod to capture the differences tho this bug is independent of the mod, it happens on different pc's with different versions of windows(8, 8.1, 10) with both Ati and Nvidia video cards.

It litterally is random every time the game launches.

Here is what Totan looks like with FOV of 6.5..you can see how on the right that half the tables lights are in shadow..its the transparency of the rooms light thats causing it..but the lights on the bottom half the screen around the flippers on the playfield are over saturated and have a very high bloom whiteout effect. both screencaps have the same table settings bulb 50% room 25%
zl1Bdxz.jpg

Next this is zoomed out same sessions so you can see the room environments

whnR8es.jpg

you can see the difference in the overhead lights..the one with the bloom effect causes the shadow and is the one where the play field lights are over saturated.
Its interesting the ones on the left with out the transparency shadow has no light bloom graphical effect at all.
I've noticed about a 30% decrease in performance on any given table when this kicks in ..the worst offenders like Cirqus go from steady 60fps to unplayable pretty quickly. Totan as well is dramatically effected around the launcher transparency.

Anyways I'm not sure anything will com of it but I thought I'd put this out there

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Off topic... but what is the difference between DX9 and DX11 in TPA? also, DX12 is coming to Windows... will this be baked into TPA... will GFX/SFX improve? I've noticed in DX11... the background art is stretched compared to DX9 when scrolling through the table select screen..

Sonobe

Feb 21, 2016
Bride of Pin-Bot (DX11):

- Starting the game, if you pull and release the plunger during the cinematic (when the camera shows the skillshot lanes), the camera will still be locked until you lose the ball.

Cirqus Voltaire (DX11):

- Dunno how to trigger this glitch, but sometimes the menagerie ball color doesn't match with the neon light color.

- Neon art is missing:

http://i.imgur.com/amFvkxm.png

Various (DX11):

- Some flyers are streched, like the ones from Cirqus Voltaire, FunHouse, Medieval Madness, etc.:

http://i.imgur.com/o0t3jFO.png
http://i.imgur.com/UwPDUgj.png
http://i.imgur.com/CthfoN3.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.