Modern Pinballs from 1991-2012 prefered pls

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
You got it wrong, the SS tables are the "new" ones.

I think what he means is that he started playing in the DMD era, and he counts all numeric and alphanumeric tables as "SS", with EM being even older. Thus, he doesn't have a personal attachment to anything pre-DMD.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
For you "gotta have a multi ball" guys, there are several EM multiball games. I like the speed and complexity of the newer games, but I have a Bally Nip-it that gets as much playtime as my F-14. It's all pinball. ;-)

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
For you "gotta have a multi ball" guys, there are several EM multiball games. I like the speed and complexity of the newer games, but I have a Bally Nip-it that gets as much playtime as my F-14. It's all pinball. ;-)
I've always thought it was interesting how multiball actually goes all the way back to the 1930s (even predating flippers!) but didn't stick as a nearly-obligatory feature until Firepower. I suppose solid-state controls made it much easier to do.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
On the early-SS games it was often quite difficult to get. That is what makes BH and Fathom so enjoyable and challenging.

On Firepower, the first solid-state multiball, the multiball mode basically is the wizard mode; activating it is the object of the game, to the extent that there is one. And it actually is a significant challenge. I think one of the things that made Black Knight and Space Shuttle so popular with the general public is that the multiball is relatively easy to get on both of those.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.