Bug Monster Bash XBox 360 Multiball Bug

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Strange thing is the Xbox is their main sku and all the others are derived (" ports" if you will) from it.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
How Beta testers and Microsoft missed this is beyond me.

Microsoft don't test for software bugs, just technical certification. And FarSight don't do beta testing. Well, they did for the initial phone releases, but not DLC tables and nothing on the consoles. So it was completely up to their internal QA to catch this. Although, frankly, how they missed it is beyond me.
IHH4G.gif

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Microsoft don't test for software bugs, just technical certification. And FarSight don't do beta testing. Well, they did for the initial phone releases, but not DLC tables and nothing on the consoles. So it was completely up to their internal QA to catch this. Although, frankly, how they missed it is beyond me.
IHH4G.gif
If I had to guess, I'd say they missed it in the same way that the outside beta testers missed the mobile devices' Frankenstein Multiball camera cockup: It was working properly during QA, and then some code was changed after QA (perhaps to fix some other bug found during QA) that broke it, and the table wasn't retested.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
IHH4G.gif

Time restraints. Now that we are up to 12 developed tables (including bl/cftbl) and 2 in testing, Im fine with them slowing down their releases a bit to 2 tables per 6, even 8 weeks. Their business plan might now allow for that though (meaning they mightvery well have budgetted their financials around new influx of money each month).

But I think they need to allow themselves more time to polish.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
If I had to guess, I'd say they missed it in the same way that the outside beta testers missed the mobile devices' Frankenstein Multiball camera cockup: It was working properly during QA, and then some code was changed after QA (perhaps to fix some other bug found during QA) that broke it, and the table wasn't retested.

That's a familiar story, no doubt about it. It's always the last-minute "one more thing" changes that screw everything up, because they don't get as much testing (especially in smaller organizations without very rigid release processes).

I can say personally that I missed this bug until I read about it on the forum. Probably because, as a relative pinball piker, I don't do a huge amount of nudging.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I hope this is fixed on the PS3.

So when they do fix this are they going to wipe the leader board free or are the people who use this bug/cheat going to be in the top ten forever?

Doubt it will be fixed when it drops for PS3, it is already in submission and due for release at the end of the month.

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
I'm actually blissfully unaware of most things until reading about it here. I plan to just keep playing without trying to exploit this bug.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Doubt it will be fixed when it drops for PS3, it is already in submission and due for release at the end of the month.

I just hope FarSight makes their "fixit " patch and releases the DLC on schedule regardless , I will play a flawed Monster Bash and have my $10 PSN card ready

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
IHH4G.gif

Actually, Farsight still does external beta testing for the mobile updates (and DLC). This bug was never present in the mobile versions of MB though.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
However, how will they be able to release a patched MB without yet another full update?
Am I right in saying that the way the game works, a small patch is impossible to implement?
We're going to need pba2 with revised menus, demos of tables and better integration of dlc.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
However, how will they be able to release a patched MB without yet another full update?
Am I right in saying that the way the game works, a small patch is impossible to implement?
We're going to need pba2 with revised menus, demos of tables and better integration of dlc.

A small patch is perfectly possible, just not economically sound due to MS submisson costs. They will patch it with a title update that also brings DLC 4/5 (as this is a scorbreaking bug that will ruin tournament play so has to be fixed with a obligatory update).

Revised menu's demos of tables and "better integration of dlc" (wonder what you mean by that, PFX2 works exactly the same as TPA when it comes to implementing DLC, only in a differen ui). wont do anything to change that.

If anything needs to change to facilitate fixing minor bugs, its the consoles patching process.

I now choose to completely ignore the frankenstein bug and just nudge like I normally would. 30/40 million on a 1.5 billion score really isn't going to make or break my personal game.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Well, dlc never showed up in game add ons, had no demo, and wasn't really promoted at all via the main menu imo. I just think it's needs to be revamped, especially as the number of tables grows.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Well, dlc never showed up in game add ons, had no demo, and wasn't really promoted at all via the main menu imo. I just think it's needs to be revamped, especially as the number of tables grows.

The tables show up in the main menu when DLC is bought or not.

Just not as demo but that isnt possible in the setup they chose: bought game with added dlc. If you click the table it brings you to the marketplace.

PFX2 is a free gamesuite with downloadble tables, not unlike gameroom and those are allowed free demo's. Not when your main game is bought however.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
So, the leaderboards are working for MB and I wonder how many of my 360 friends are willing to cheat for a good highscore.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
i found out that since i know that left nudging scores a (super) jackpot, i just cant restrain myslef from doing it lol :D

thats why i dont play it anymore and am waiting for the patch... hey, i have gorgar to fill the void :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.