Request More Williams SYSTEM 11 tables please

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I think it is crazy for how much some of these table licence's are.It is not like these tables are everywhere today and here is a small company trying to bring them back from the dead and put them back out there.You think they would be happy that they would be getting anything for something they made over 20 years or plus ago that will never sell again as in real table's wise and just agree to like 5% of of each table that sells or something like that. I just think they should be more reasonable with them.So if they cant afford a licence for a table..we will never see it and the people who own the table rights will never get a dime..So people who own all these Licence's STOP being so GREEDY some money is better than no money..I know there is more to it but that's just how i feel.

True, for some IP-holders it's an investment - they just buy cheap film and TV catalogues hoping to make a buck here and there. MST3K episodes are a good case in point: they're riffing movies no one would see otherwise and once they started putting them on DVD some rights-holders were like "cha-ching!" But as long as there's enough of a back catalogue to keep doing box sets, the publisher (Shout Factory) can just say "nah" and the greedy so-and-sos are confronted with some money or no money for that property.

The problem with a lot of the film licenses you're talking about with pinball is the rights-holders make enough money off the property that a virtual pinball table wouldn't even register, so they just don't care.

Jan 6, 2013
True, for some IP-holders it's an investment - they just buy cheap film and TV catalogues hoping to make a buck here and there. MST3K episodes are a good case in point: they're riffing movies no one would see otherwise and once they started putting them on DVD some rights-holders were like "cha-ching!" But as long as there's enough of a back catalogue to keep doing box sets, the publisher (Shout Factory) can just say "nah" and the greedy so-and-sos are confronted with some money or no money for that property.

The problem with a lot of the film licenses you're talking about with pinball is the rights-holders make enough money off the property that a virtual pinball table wouldn't even register, so they just don't care.

Good point Sean

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014

Copyright trolls, basically.

Do any of you know that there is a company out there whose sole purpose is to obtain royalties from the smiley face? The fees are so huge, it convinced Wal•Mart to drop the smiley face campaign and was a reason the Watchmen movie took so long.

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
I'm glad so many of them are in TPA since this post appeared on the forum. It's been over a year and I see how TPA improved over time.

I'm waiting for Rollergames, Bad Cats, F-14 and Banzai Run

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Was playing Bad Cats on VP. I have to agree with the idea of a lot of these tables with outrageous themes have some good charm.

"Meow meow meow meow!"

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Okay, first off, there's some pins in TPA with very grating music. Second, the Rollergames music and callouts are awesome! The game is really fun, I think if you dropped the needless corprate logos the license shouldn't be too tough.

And if we are going to get Bad Cats we should get Mousin' Around! And Police Force!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts