Request More Williams SYSTEM 11 tables please

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Diner is probably very likely. I wouldn't be surprised if it made season 3 and of not it will definitely be part of season 4

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Is Bad Cats popular? I haven't heard much about this table.

Some people rave about it. I'm personally not a fan but I will give it a play if it's available for the sake of variety. I hope that it eventually comes out for the people that want it. It doesn't get requested that often but it is mentioned occasionally.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Yes, the Williams System 11 era is pretty much my favorite era in pinball. Adding Black Knight 2000, and (presumably) High Speed have been enormous adds for me. I'd still love to see F-14 Tomcat, Red & Ted's Roadshow, and Earthshaker.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
As I said, Banzai Run PLEASE!

60274_666895236691760_518028986_n.jpg

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Diner is most likely the last System 11 we will see in Season 3.

There will be plenty in Season 4. There's not enough non-licensed DMD's left to support an entire season let alone two, and Farsight seems pretty serious about a Season 4 and 5.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Diner is most likely the last System 11 we will see in Season 3.

There will be plenty in Season 4. There's not enough non-licensed DMD's left to support an entire season let alone two, and Farsight seems pretty serious about a Season 4 and 5.

They are serious :)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
We all do. But realistically they'd need to start pulling out the checkbook for licensing, AND get Stern and Capcom emulation for that to be possible. I think it can happen but we'll see.

What good is emulated the Sam Stern system going to be? Nearly all of those tables are heavily licensed. I am hoping that they do more tables from the 70's and early 80's.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Do we have an official statement from FS on Rollergames? I'd like to think they've at least chased up the licensing around the "sponsors" (or maybe they can do a deal with their WMS license to change the artwork, even though their contract requires them to release the tables exactly the same) and could give us a definitive answer on it.

Technically though, it might be a hard game to pull off on all platforms. A lot of clear ramps as well as coloured habitrails. Still, after playing it at a friend's last weekend again (for the first time in a while) I'm still in love with it. If it never comes to TPA I may just offer my mate some money for his.

p6800

May 17, 2013
Rollergames will never happen. It was mentioned in the "what fs said about so and so table". Someone from them saw the table and couldn't stand the music.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
That'd go against the pinball preservation goal of The Pinball Arcade. What you personally like or dislike should not get in the way of what is or is not historically significant in its field, and I think Rollergames is.

Personally, I don't really like the music in Rollergames either, and it's dated in a bad way (and not in an over-the-top campy way like with Dr. Dude either). However, I do know it's popular and is often talked about among pinball people and is hence worth a shot.

The Great Cornholio

Apr 5, 2014
That'd go against the pinball preservation goal of The Pinball Arcade. What you personally like or dislike should not get in the way of what is or is not historically significant in its field, and I think Rollergames is.

Personally, I don't really like the music in Rollergames either, and it's dated in a bad way (and not in an over-the-top campy way like with Dr. Dude either). However, I do know it's popular and is often talked about among pinball people and is hence worth a shot.

As FS is not a non-profit organisation, their goal is to make money, not to preserve pinball machines. regardless of all the marketing blah blah.

Jan 6, 2013
We all do. But realistically they'd need to start pulling out the checkbook for licensing, AND get Stern and Capcom emulation for that to be possible. I think it can happen but we'll see.
I think it is crazy for how much some of these table licence's are.It is not like these tables are everywhere today and here is a small company trying to bring them back from the dead and put them back out there.You think they would be happy that they would be getting anything for something they made over 20 years or plus ago that will never sell again as in real table's wise and just agree to like 5% of of each table that sells or something like that. I just think they should be more reasonable with them.So if they cant afford a licence for a table..we will never see it and the people who own the table rights will never get a dime..So people who own all these Licence's STOP being so GREEDY some money is better than no money..I know there is more to it but that's just how i feel.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Rollergames will never happen. It was mentioned in the "what fs said about so and so table". Someone from them saw the table and couldn't stand the music.

That was a statement made by one of the FS people that actually post to Facebook, which means it was personal opinion. I talked face to face with Bobby about it, and while he wasn't terribly familiar with the machine, he did mention that it has a lot of licenses attached to it, and would take some doing tracking them all down. On top of that, a totally defunct TV property that was gone before the table was even released! Saying they hated the music was just a cheap joke, and a lot quicker way to put a nail in the coffin than going into more licensing B.S. that everybody hates hearing about.

I will say this...when FS is left with nothing but licensed tables to go after, that is when Rollergames might become a reality. A system 11 machine by Steve Ritchie? They've got some experience with those! Until that time though, don't hold your breathe.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts