Most Wanted Feature? Dream with me...

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I would love a nudge function that feels natural on Kindle Fire. I can never get my thumbs to the nudge zone fast enough and the shake option is too sensitive so I tilt accidentally 30 seconds into play. It doesnt feel natural on landscape mode but atleast it is possible.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
After the end of a tournament, add the possibilty to see the scores on each tourney tables. Currently, you can just see the tournament overall ranking and the all-time ranking once the tourney is finished.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd like to see a 20 minute time limit tournement where nudging is disabled. Let's find out which of the top top players are the most skilled and which are just the top nudgers. Might be interesting.

I'm not near the top of anything, but I'd curious to see the results.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'd like to see a 20 minute time limit tournement where nudging is disabled. Let's find out which of the top top players are the most skilled and which are just the top nudgers. Might be interesting.

Oh that's interesting. Disable extra balls and nudging.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013

What's wrong with nudging?

I would love to see the Leaderboards broken down by platform.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
What's wrong with nudging?

I would love to see the Leaderboards brown down by platform.

Nothing wrong with it. But it's too easy to do on some systems and almost impossible to tilt. I think a non-nudge tournement would be fun. It would sure be a reality check on the difficulty front.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
After playing POTO one feature that would be nice is the ability to watch a replay of the last few seconds of a ball drain.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
My vote is to scrap the Season One trophy template for Season 2 all together on the PS 4. It's going to hit it's trophy cap only part way through the Season 2 anyways, and me personally, I would rather have 1 or 2 Challenge specific trophies for each and every season, rather than the individual table trophies for one and a half seasons. Quality trophies over quantity is what I say. As suggested above, create a challenge based on the 10 tables from Season 3, then create a trophy/achievement related to the completion of that Season 3 Challenge. Rinse and repeat with Season 4, Season 5, and so on. With the amount of tables available on Season 2, maybe they could create two separate challenges. One for the group of tables that were the first created for that Season, and a separate challenge for the re-released tables of the packs.

I'd almost take any sort of Season specific trophies over the partial trophy list of Season 2. But I do have a question about the "top 5 score for each table in the season trophy" that had been mentioned by TPA on their Facebook page. Would there be a problem similar to when trophies were first released on the PS 3? Didn't we have to go in and delete our tables and and re-install them in order to get the trophies to pop because they did not work retroactively? Would it be the same for the PS 4?

Thank you for your time and thank you for listening to my suggestions. Have a great week.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
After playing POTO one feature that would be nice is the ability to watch a replay of the last few seconds of a ball drain.

That would be hard to pull off. They'd have to be constantly taking snapshots of the ROM to reload (never know when the ball will drain), alongside making the ball follow the exact trajectory to trigger the ROM in exactly the same way to show the exact same behaviour. Tough job.

I suppose some kind of video capture could work, though.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
That would be hard to pull off. They'd have to be constantly taking snapshots of the ROM to reload (never know when the ball will drain), alongside making the ball follow the exact trajectory to trigger the ROM in exactly the same way to show the exact same behaviour. Tough job.

You don't need to constantly snapshot the ROM to do this or re-run its behavior. Capture the ROM's inputs and outputs and ball physical location. This means the state of each switch, light, DMD pixel, and sound effect. For the ball, you don't need to recompute its trajectory, just save its position every frame (you don't even care about its velocity.) Every video frame can be reproduced with this information. It would be somewhere roughly 1 KB per frame, much less than the entire ROM state or full video.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
But I do have a question about the "top 5 score for each table in the season trophy" that had been mentioned by TPA on their Facebook page. Would there be a problem similar to when trophies were first released on the PS 3? Didn't we have to go in and delete our tables and and re-install them in order to get the trophies to pop because they did not work retroactively? Would it be the same for the PS 4?

I don't have a PS4, but if I understand well, there is currently no trophies on the PS4 version? Will it be the same trophy list than on PS3?

If it's like on PS3, I think that when the trophies will be implemented (via a patch), you won't have to redownload all the packs, but just to delete your local save file. It will erase your local highscores and your goal achievements. Then, fulfill all the required conditions again (top 5, standard and wizard goals) to get the trophies to pop.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
What about an option to put the glass on like on PHoF games?

Remember how it looks good (add some photorealism, as you struggle with the glare like in reality :p)

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
I don't have a PS4, but if I understand well, there is currently no trophies on the PS4 version? Will it be the same trophy list than on PS3?

If it's like on PS3, I think that when the trophies will be implemented (via a patch), you won't have to redownload all the packs, but just to delete your local save file. It will erase your local highscores and your goal achievements. Then, fulfill all the required conditions again (top 5, standard and wizard goals) to get the trophies to pop.

You're right. It was deleting the save, not redownloading the tables. Either way, I remember that people weren't too happy about losing their progress. It didn't bother me so much since my high scores weren't really much to brag about. The PS 4 Season 1 trophies match the PS 3, and it is of my understanding that FS is going to have the same trophies for Season 2 as well, meaning they'll hit their cap midway through and it's the reason there aren't any trophies for Season 3. So I figured since Season 2 is in limbo due to the MS parity deal, and FS has technically hit their cap yet, why not scrap the old PS 3 table-centric trophies for that season and change to 1 or 2 trophies per season based on challenges instead. I'm open for other suggestions if anybody else has any?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I would like a new UI. More intuitive than the rolling thingie for the tables...
You know...
New UI... would be cool no?
Maybe one day... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.