New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I finally grabbed this and had a couple quick games. Something is wrong with the nudging controls. Otherwise it has some promise

N

netizen

maybe it's the - nudge then nothing for a set period of time, then you can nudge again, then nothing - combined with no touch, only vertical, really unresponsive etc etc. all in one big pile of "Something wrong with nudging"

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
While alittle more depthnis welcome i just hope it diesnt change table feel and flow too much if it does...i hope they keep an orginal legacy mode

night

May 18, 2012
"There will be prizes"... perhaps we can win a date with that babe from the playfield?! Hello!

Sent from my typewriter.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Can you be more specific? Not sensitive enough? Too sensitive? No touch nudging? Only vertical nudging?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

I don't care for touch nudging in the slightest. However I really need to fling the device forward and that either nets very little or nearly sends the ball to the opening of the ramps. I quite despise the nudge mechanic.

Aside from that, I've put quite a bit more play and have had a lot of fun the table design, the missions, the smoothness, sound design are all spot on. The ball does fewl a bot on the heavy side but I love rhe way it causes the flippers to recoil. It feels a lot to me like zen pinball though in how generally easy it is to catch the ball. I'm not a zen hater so I'm not trying to complain.

The nudging needs a lot of work unless upward only is by design. If that's the case ill acxept it but it makes you guys somewhat sadistic...I mean that in the nicest way possible though

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I don't care for touch nudging in the slightest. However I really need to fling the device forward and that either nets very little or nearly sends the ball to the opening of the ramps. I quite despise the nudge mechanic.

Aside from that, I've put quite a bit more play and have had a lot of fun the table design, the missions, the smoothness, sound design are all spot on. The ball does fewl a bot on the heavy side but I love rhe way it causes the flippers to recoil. It feels a lot to me like zen pinball though in how generally easy it is to catch the ball. I'm not a zen hater so I'm not trying to complain.

The nudging needs a lot of work unless upward only is by design. If that's the case ill acxept it but it makes you guys somewhat sadistic...I mean that in the nicest way possible though

The only time touch nudging is good is when your can map screen touches to controllers.

That recoil or double-stroke is beautiful to see. It makes the table seem real and alive. Less "digital", if you will.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Jumped on board a little late on this one, but glad I did! Excellent game. And thank you Anders, for being so attentive and responding to peoples compliments and concerns; it speaks to your passion and the quality of your company. Here's a few pieces of constructive feedback to make a great game better, some (or all) of which are probably repeats of what others have said:

-Add touch nudging. Playing on an iPhone, I find shake nudging unusable, not just on Rob-o-bot, but on any pinball game. The option to have touch or shake nudging would give players more choice in the matter.
-Add some sort of rule sheet. Some of the missions, particularly the "take down the shields" one, are a bit esoteric.
-An option to lock the camera/provide more angles.

Thanks!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Kudos on this game! Neat table design, great DMD animations, good flipper control, I like that I don't have to worry about nudging (since it seems a bit tough control-wise on handheld touch screens, at least in TPA), and it actually runs pretty darn well on my old HTC Droid Incredible 2. : ) Well done!

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Hey, sorry for my absence the last weeks!

There was a little pause in dev around Easter, but the development is up and running again. Graphics are more or less done (some DMD animations left but the layout should be done, final play testing will tell), we have hired new voice actors (which I know some of you will hate, and some of you will find super exciting), we are working on the new sounds (around 180 in total) and can hopefully try them out in the game to see if the new voice actors are a good fit or not, and programming wise it is also making progress. Sorry for the delay guys, and no ETA, sorry.

I'll try to post some screenshots today so you at least have something to look at and/or discuss in the meantime :)

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Screenshots from iPad 2 sorry, don't have the iPad 3 around. It looks much better on 3 for sure.

IMG_0078.PNG

Multiball fun, you can see most of the new lights and new features on the layout

IMG_0083.PNG

Mid-lightup during a full lightup sequence

IMG_0088.PNG

Easier to see the details when not lit up, mostly new stuff in the center, in front of Rob-O-Bot and at the top

I hope it makes up some for the delay.

night

May 18, 2012
Looks very good Anders, looking forward to the new update, you guys have made a fantastic pinball table and it looks like it's going to be even better!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Looks very good Anders, looking forward to the new update, you guys have made a fantastic pinball table and it looks like it's going to be even better!

+1 to night's comments.
Love the original, can't wait to try the enhancements.

Will there be a left & right nudge?

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Not planned to be included in FP1 at the moment.

Thanks for the reply Anders.

It would give a much better feeling of control if they were added.

Could I still suggest, if left / right nudge is implemented - could a touchscreen area be assigned for these inputs (similar to TPA and more recently, Zen).
This would help anyone using a Bluetooth controller and touch mapping.

Thanks again Anders!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts