New tables...

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
That's a good point. I think AFM was one of the first announced tables when the game was first released, right? They probably kept putting it on the back burner to get to the licensed stuff. The universal monsters, then Elvira, and finally the kickstarters. So who knows.

I have a feeling it's going to be plenty of unlicensed tables until we get to the T2 kickstarter. Cactus Canyon, Centaur, Whirlwind, Pinbot, Space Shuttle etc. etc.

The plan is still going to be for each pack to contain one HoF remake and one completely new table right? I'm really looking forward to the upgraded versions of Pinbot, Whirlwind, and hopefully Sorcerer.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'm glad Genie is coming now. It's best to get it out of the way, while they are still tuning the physics and flipper interaction, so when they finally get them perfected, they can save it for the good tables. Shame AFM is coming out now, when everything is still screwy, but with much of the top ten already released, many with even lesser quality physics, there's no avoiding the lopsided effect I mentioned in the other post.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yes please do Sorcerer. I know it wasn't as big a name compared to the others, but I really enjoyed that table in the Williams Collection.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
The plan is still going to be for each pack to contain one HoF remake and one completely new table right? I'm really looking forward to the upgraded versions of Pinbot, Whirlwind, and hopefully Sorcerer.

Yea. I dig sorcerer. There's so many tables I want, I kinda wish they'd just do 2 new in a couple of the packs.

Is genie an EM? I never played the Gotlieb disc

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Genie is an early solid state machine as is El Dorado which is another wide-body Gottlieb table I expect to see (and which I also hope will be improved over the console version).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The idea is for one DMD table, and one that is not. I don't think it matters if either table were ever in PHOF, it's just kinda the way it's been working out.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Genie is an early solid state machine as is El Dorado which is another wide-body Gottlieb table I expect to see (and which I also hope will be improved over the console version).
El Dorado was one of the last EM machines, but didn't have a SS counterpart until the re-release in1984, which is the version they included in the Gottlieb collection. It would make more sense to do the original, since the remake had the lowest production run of them all, it will be hardest to find, and probably cost the most. What's interesting about El Dorado is that they could swap out the artwork and give us Target Alpha and Solar Wars as well (and Canada Dry, if they could swing that license).

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
El Dorado was one of the last EM machines, but didn't have a SS counterpart until the re-release in1984, which is the version they included in the Gottlieb collection. It would make more sense to do the original, since the remake had the lowest production run of them all, it will be hardest to find, and probably cost the most.

Oh, I've read that before, but forgot. Well I cannot imagine it will be any easier either way. Trying to hit all the drop targets at the top twice was impossible for me. To be honest it's a table I can live without, but I'm sure it's gotta have a high enough position in one of the rankings that we'll see it at some point, though I'd rather have Sorcerer.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Genie looks plenty sweet with it's upper playfield and funky flipper-layout. The mushroom-bumpers on the lower left, and the rollovers above it, seem particularly tough to reach, so I hope those are also particularly rewarding.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The idea is for one DMD table, and one that is not. I don't think it matters if either table were ever in PHOF, it's just kinda the way it's been working out.

I thought they said early on that the idea for two-table pack releases was to combine a previously released table with a table they haven't done before, so those who had the previous collections could always be sure of at least one totally new table per pack. (And if they released the previously-released tables singly or together with other previously-released tables they might not sell as well?)

Anyway, I found I wasn't really able to get into Genie in whichever collection it was in before--there was a lot of the ball just sort of floating around the big table and not doing much that was interesting--but I'm thinking that with TPA's vastly superior physics, it'll probably be a lot zippier and more fun to play now.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah that was my issue with Genie (and El Dorado): too much empty space and the ball didn't have enough speed. I'm hopeful this release will have more zip!

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
That's a good point. I think AFM was one of the first announced tables when the game was first released, right? They probably kept putting it on the back burner to get to the licensed stuff. The universal monsters, then Elvira, and finally the kickstarters. So who knows.

I have a feeling it's going to be plenty of unlicensed tables until we get to the T2 kickstarter. Cactus Canyon, Centaur, Whirlwind, Pinbot, Space Shuttle etc. etc.

You pretty much wrote exactly what I was thinking. AFM has been kicked down the line more than any other table based on the info we have. I'm looking forward to it.

Actually, I've really started to love the simplicity and challenge of the older tables as well, so I'm almost equally looking forward to Genie.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.