Next DLC is Monster Bash and Gorgar

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I feel the same way Actionball. Absolutely loved Taxi, Cyclone, PIN*BOT, Funhouse and Dr. Dude when I got a chance to play them. Haven't been lucky enough to try out the others but from what I've seen from videos, they look great!

Good news is that it seems most of them don't need much, if any licensing above and beyond what Farsight already has acquired so there's probably a great chance we'll see most of them!

mite6

May 26, 2012
Secretly hopeing that they will surprise us with some self payed license table or some new Stern machine but ... :(
Hope still there for next month :)

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I don't feel the same myself. I heard Xenon was at the arcade near my dad, so I went there and played it (and is it awesome) Some of these early SS came out the year I was born or a couple years later, and I still get more fun out of stuff like Black Hole, Haunted House, and Black Knight than many later machines. Don't get me wrong, I love system 11 and a few are my favorites, but for me, while still good, I found Jokerz to be one of the weaker system 11s and not as much fun as some earlier games. Bad Cats I like quite a bit, but I also feel Black Knight is better since BK has multiball.

Not much of a surprise, but Monster Bash is licensed from Universal, so at least one licensed table will be in the next DLC. Farsight hinted at Elvira, but is being quiet on it, so it's not confirmed.

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Good point there Brian. Pinball went into a marked decline in ambition and creativity after the initial burst of SS multiball & split level tables. I grew up playing Black Knight, Centaur, Fathom, Haunted House etc. and they took the technological advances that were fuelling the arcade video games of the time and applied them to pinball. The games that came in their wake - Bally tables like Black Pyramid, Goldball & Spy Hunter were a lot simpler and less exciting to play. That back-to-basics approach was only halted by the success of Space Shuttle and High Speed. Even so, quite a few of the System 11 tables are very simplistic. As much as I enjoyed Bad Cats at the time, it's not a patch on Centaur when it comes to frenetic exciting pinball.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Good point there Brian. Pinball went into a marked decline in ambition and creativity after the initial burst of SS multiball & split level tables. I grew up playing Black Knight, Centaur, Fathom, Haunted House etc. and they took the technological advances that were fuelling the arcade video games of the time and applied them to pinball. The games that came in their wake - Bally tables like Black Pyramid, Goldball & Spy Hunter were a lot simpler and less exciting to play. That back-to-basics approach was only halted by the success of Space Shuttle and High Speed. Even so, quite a few of the System 11 tables are very simplistic. As much as I enjoyed Bad Cats at the time, it's not a patch on Centaur when it comes to frenetic exciting pinball.

I highly recommend the documentary entitled "Tilt: The Battle to Save Pinball". You may find a perspective coming from the actual creators of these machines rather interesting.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I highly recommend the documentary entitled "Tilt: The Battle to Save Pinball". You may find a perspective coming from the actual creators of these machines rather interesting.

Best pinball documentary out there. Just buy the two disc set. The second disc has almost 7 hours of extra interviews and videos. Just as good as the film.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Best pinball documentary out there. Just buy the two disc set. The second disc has almost 7 hours of extra interviews and videos. Just as good as the film.

I would like to second this =) I've seen practically all of the Pin Docs, but "Tilt" just feels like a real cinema documentary. And it has a focused storyline, which I really missed in "Special When Lit". The two-disc set is well worth buying. I LOVED the audio commentary by the director Greg Maletic, who is personally selling the DVD on his website: http://www.tilt-movie.com/

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
That film is so incredibly slick and professional looking for a one man operation. Very impressive.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I would like to see how Gorgar looks compared to the PHOF version. Hope Farsight releases a video soon.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I think the 360 will always be a month behind on the DLC when compared to other platforms and it would appear SONY are even worse!!!!, as Microsoft & Sony certification process seem to take a lot longer than Apple and Android. So this has nothing to do with FS its Microsoft thats holding things up, IF were lucky we might see the 2 DLC packs on XBL this wednesday but i wouldnt hold my breath it will probably be nearer the time that Gorgar and Monster bash are release, so then Gorgar & MB will be released a month later.

Or FS might even go down the route of leaving 2 months for DLC on the consoles are release a 4 table pack every 2 months....this has to be a more cost effective way for FS to release DLC rather than every month???

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I think the 360 will always be a month behind on the DLC when compared to other platforms and it would appear SONY are even worse!!!!, as Microsoft & Sony certification process seem to take a lot longer than Apple and Android. So this has nothing to do with FS its Microsoft thats holding things up, IF were lucky we might see the 2 DLC packs on XBL this wednesday but i wouldnt hold my breath it will probably be nearer the time that Gorgar and Monster bash are release, so then Gorgar & MB will be released a month later.

Or FS might even go down the route of leaving 2 months for DLC on the consoles are release a 4 table pack every 2 months....this has to be a more cost effective way for FS to release DLC rather than every month???

I think that is a great strategy. Of course certain people would moan and whine but they would do that anyway. Any logical person would see that the advantages would benefit the company and the fans and probably make for a more streamlined release process on the consoles. At the end of the day you still get the same number of releases.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

I may have to agree with this too. As much as I want two tables every month, it might make more sense to do bimonthly releases on the consoles with four instead. Also, this may give them more time to beta test and get bugs worked out.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Like I said before, FarSight should release two tables every month on Android, iOS and Kindle Fire and four tables every two months on Mac, PS3, PS Vita and Xbox 360. They still need the cash flow coming in every month and Android, iOS and Kindle Fire will get them that with their short approval times.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
This is great. I actually got to play Monster Bash at the Golfland Arcade in San Jose on my last trip to the States to see family - great table. Gorgar is a really nice classic that I don't remember much from the arcade, but I've really enjoyed playing it in Williams Pinball Classics on the Wii - I hope every table from that collection makes it (yes, even Jive Time).

I'm also hoping we'll see tables from the 60s-70s - I understand Big Shot is in the list of upcoming machines and that's probably my favourite Gottlieb table from the collection that appeared on the Wii/Gamecube/PS2. Hopefully we'll get a few more EM representatives, as there's some real charm in those old machines with all the bells and flashing lights!

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
has anyone heard anything about a potential release date? FS mentioned the middle of june on FB which I here (very soon at least) :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
has anyone heard anything about a potential release date? FS mentioned the middle of june on FB which I here (very soon at least) :)

Well we might see the new tables on Android as early as tomorrow, so iOS shouldn't be too far behind.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
Well we might see the new tables on Android as early as tomorrow, so iOS shouldn't be too far behind.

That would be awesome but why have no videos been posted? My guess is that they don't want to rile up the console owners still waiting for the first DLC....

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.