Next Marvel pinball table leaked!!!

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Worked for me but I heard many were having problems earlier, perhaps zen fixed an issue at their end.

GotG: very fun table, if somewhat confusing at the beginning because of the instant multiballs for the first minute. Nice flow while still retaining variety via lots to shoot at. Well done Zen.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Just to add to this, the standalone Marvel pinball app (which includes the spiderman in-app table) went free on iOS.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Worked for me but I heard many were having problems earlier, perhaps zen fixed an issue at their end.

GotG: very fun table, if somewhat confusing at the beginning because of the instant multiballs for the first minute. Nice flow while still retaining variety via lots to shoot at. Well done Zen.
. +1

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So I have been playing the PS4 version of this table:

Pros:
- X-Men 2.0! Instead of focusing on selecting your mission, you have to shoot all around the playfield to spell out words to start the missions. This makes the machine much more fun to play and much more open.
- Good theme integration. At the moment I have found nothing that doesn't fit within the context of the movie. It truly makes the machine feel like a real one from Stern.
- Awesome flow! Feels like a Steve Ritchie game with all the looping shots.

Cons:
- The multiball mode at the beginning of every game on the table is really unecessary. I don't even know how many points I get from ending it nor the inmates / credits system.
- No combos??? This is the most flowing table in possibly the entire collection and there are no combos? Ugh...
- Score is unbalanced from Gamora mini-playfield mission, Awesome Mix Volume 1, and 50x Orb Bonus
- Not really a con but no Bonus X? They could have made the Xandar rollovers reward both + 2 Bonus X as well.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
So I have been playing the PS4 version of this table:

Pros:
- X-Men 2.0! Instead of focusing on selecting your mission, you have to shoot all around the playfield to spell out words to start the missions. This makes the machine much more fun to play and much more open.
- Good theme integration. At the moment I have found nothing that doesn't fit within the context of the movie. It truly makes the machine feel like a real one from Stern.
- Awesome flow! Feels like a Steve Ritchie game with all the looping shots.

Cons:
- The multiball mode at the beginning of every game on the table is really unecessary. I don't even know how many points I get from ending it nor the inmates / credits system.
- No combos??? This is the most flowing table in possibly the entire collection and there are no combos? Ugh...
- Score is unbalanced from Gamora mini-playfield mission, Awesome Mix Volume 1, and 50x Orb Bonus
- Not really a con but no Bonus X? They could have made the Xandar rollovers reward both + 2 Bonus X as well.

There is a Bonus X award, I believe, by hitting the target just below the upper ramp shot. Also, just wait until you complete all 6 missions successfully; that Orb bonus is worth 100x value. Unfortunately, it resets back down to 1x.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Guardians looks like the next big thing! The movie set an August record for opening weekend, and it's the seventh highest grossing non-sequel ever. It could be the number one movie of the year! With all this, it's probably just a matter of time before Stern releases a table based on this.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Saw the movie bought the table (how many others are going to do the same thing?)! It's the best Marvel movie since the Avengers, and this might be the best Zen Marvel table period! I like the "spell your way to missions" which makes the often confusing rule sets easy to understand, like they are in some of the Star Wars table. The minute multiball (similar to the one in Civil War, but cannot be skipped) is a pain, and becomes a chore after a while when besting your score becomes nigh impossible, but otherwise this is good stuff.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Played it last night. First impressions:

My word, this table is EASY. My very first game lasted 30 minutes and I got to the wizard mode no problem. Helps that you only need to activate each mode rather than beat it, which is the first time Zen has done that in ages. I figured out exactly how to play it without reading any rules. Compare that to Deadpool where I spent two weeks trying to reach the wizard mode.

Playfield doesn't do anything new, which is fine. In fact, it's probably the most "regular" layout they've done in a while. And not many stackable modes either. You just have the main missions and a separate multiball. Aside from the different balls, there are no flashy unrealistic features. Rules are basically Monster Bash progression (shoot a shot a certain number of times to start a mode) with TNG wizard mode scoring (higher depending on how many modes you beat, though the bit where you control the orb to add up this score is unique). I wonder if this one was rushed to meet the movie release. It was announced only days before it was released. It feels like a table Zen would have made two years ago.

Overall, pretty fun, but easy. I reckon this is one of their gateway drug tables, using a big license to get new players to the platform. Like Super League Football before it. That was one easy table.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I played Guardians late last night and finally made the 5 million skill shot after the opening multi ball! Hope to do it again sometime today...

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Played more of it last night. Pretty fun, but still quite easy. I made the wizard mode three times in one game. Still trying to actually BEAT the wizard mode though. High score is around 670 million.

Martin Rusby

Nov 6, 2012
Not got to wizard mode yet! Always seem to have the left GUARDIAN ramp to complete.Enjoying the table though and hope i beat my 125mil best soon.Don't think i've had an extra ball yet -are they hard to come by?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.