Next Marvel pinball table leaked!!!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Not got to wizard mode yet! Always seem to have the left GUARDIAN ramp to complete.Enjoying the table though and hope i beat my 125mil best soon.Don't think i've had an extra ball yet -are they hard to come by?

You can hit the Guardians ramp from the left flipper as well as the right. It's probably slightly easier to hit from the left. I focus on that quite a lot to activate the kickbacks. Lighting the kickbacks is the #1 priority for me on this table (you never know when the ball is going to decide to head straight for the outlane), so I hit that ramp incessantly until they're lit.

Guardians multiball and Yondu are the easiest modes to win the orb on. I actually haven't figured out how to lose Yondu yet... Then Starlord and Drax, and the hardest are Rocket (I think I beat it once) and Gamora (still to beat it). I can kind of see why they decided you don't have to actually beat the modes to get the wizard mode, as Gamora is HARD.

Only extra ball I got was through a random award. There are no pointers in the rules either, which they usually do, so it might be safe to assume that is the only one.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
You can hit the Guardians ramp from the left flipper as well as the right. It's probably slightly easier to hit from the left. I focus on that quite a lot to activate the kickbacks. Lighting the kickbacks is the #1 priority for me on this table (you never know when the ball is going to decide to head straight for the outlane), so I hit that ramp incessantly until they're lit.

Guardians multiball and Yondu are the easiest modes to win the orb on. I actually haven't figured out how to lose Yondu yet... Then Starlord and Drax, and the hardest are Rocket (I think I beat it once) and Gamora (still to beat it). I can kind of see why they decided you don't have to actually beat the modes to get the wizard mode, as Gamora is HARD.

Only extra ball I got was through a random award. There are no pointers in the rules either, which they usually do, so it might be safe to assume that is the only one.

They mentioned in the rules that "Extra Ball Hurry-Ups" are possible from the Collectors Award.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
They mentioned in the rules that "Extra Ball Hurry-Ups" are possible from the Collectors Award.

Ah yeah, that is the one I was referring to. Would be weird if that was the only one but I suppose it balances out an overly easy table. It would be a mega marathon table if it handed you extra balls on a platter.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Streaming again!

Bought Avengers Chronicles, Balance of the Force, Zen Classics & Earth Defense! today so I will mostly be streaming those.

monkspider

Apr 15, 2012
Just as an FYI you can turn off the opening multiball by going into the operator's menu and turning off the prologue. This doesn't even affect your high scores/leaderboards either! This has helped me enjoy the table much more.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

I have discovered another extra ball in the table - you get one for beating all missions (yeah, finally managed it!) BUT. Be warned, there is a big disadvantage to doing this. Once you light all six orbs, and lose your ball, you lose all orb progress. A risky move - only go for it if you very close to the wizard mode or on your last ball.

The Gamora mode gets easier with lots of practice, taking things very slowly (stall the ball as much as possible), and knowing that the leftmost and rightmost shots can be hit easier with a backhand. With a forehand they are a nightmare!

Last edited:

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
GotG seems incredibly rushed to market, in every single sense of the meaning.

Gameplay: Before you do anything, the game starts off with a 5 ball multi-ball round. Its supposed to simulate an escape from whatever prison the GotG escape from in the movie, but I find it to be very annoying. You just spend a minute flicking balls every which way with no real objective or jackpot points to aim for, and then the flippers stop working and they drop down the drain after having done nothing but earn a few tiddly-wink points. And then the game actually starts. Its a pointless multi-ball round, that you didn't earn, with no challenge, risk or reward.

It then gives you 1-shot chance to hit a one-time skill shot which is meant to be a rescue of Starlord's music before they escape the prison and it gives you some bonus points. And then the Guadians of the Galaxy logo shows up and THEN the game starts. Its just two minutes of nonsense really. The regular skill shots are way too easy. You just match up a slow moving target on a dot matrix video screen, press fire, and off you go.

The actual gameplay is pure ramps. Their isn't much else to it, besides 3 easy drop targets. You hit the ramps enough to spell out the names of the five guardians, and then you start missions. Its really not hard. The biggest challenge is protecting your sides, as they tend to be drain monsters, but you keep spelling out Groot, and you're protected. It's pretty straight forward.

Visual: The play field art is your standard movie promotional material. The front of the table is decked out like a spaceship hull. It is very much like the Millenium Falcon look from the Han Solo pinball. It's a bit more colourful up the table. The ramps stand out and look nice. Their is certainly nothing complicated about the setup, and nothing that is too hard to see in the back. The extra side flipper is hard to see from certain angles of gameplay. Thats not good, considering you need it to hit the Drax ramp.

Their are four CGI characters that this table relies heavily on for visuals during missions. Starlord, Rocket and Ronan the Accuser are always present. Drax comes out when he is applicaple. There is also a nice model of their spaceship, at the top of the table that makes a really nice centrepiece.

Each of the five Guardians have their own signature ball, much like like the Avengers table, with their own symbols to represent them. I generally like the idea of this, but in practice it doesn't help this game. First of all, unlike the Avengers, their isn't much symbolism to these characters, besides Starlord. The balls are mostly distinguishable by the textures of their skin and clothes, most of which are some shade of brown. It actually does the gameplay a huge disservice, because there is a picture of Groot that covers the flipper and bumper field area in brown, and the Groot ball in particular is almost completely camouflaged. Luckily when not on missions, you use a standard silver ball, but that means the missions are that much more annoying, when the balls don't really stand out when you need them to, and there is not much to do in this game without missions.

Audio: The best thing I have to say about this table is the music. It is very much inspired by Starlord's love of 70's chart toppers, and really gives the whole table a sense of space cowboy Adventure. Unless their is a Firefly table that I'm not aware of, I'd say its pretty unique to pinball.

The voice overs are obviously not done by the movie stars. I know that Chris Pratt and Vin Diesel have some pretty distinct voices, but none of these characters sound even close. I checked, and it does not seem like any cartoon voiceover cast was hired either. Chris Cox, who normally does Starlord on TV, also does a lot of video game work, particularly for Marvel. So I don't really get it. We just got Nolan North on the last Marvel table. Before that we had a bunch of Star Wars tables, and all of those voice actors were able to at least sound like the original cast. Now it seems like we're going back to hiring any old person off the street to do the voice work.

The dialogue is also campy and uninspired.

Missions: Like I said, the missions are easy to start, and once you're in them, they are the same thing pretty much. You have the option of hitting two or three ramps a couple of times and then you beat the mission. Its Drax vs. Ronan, Starlord vs, Ronan, and Rocket and Groot vs. Ronan. The action figures will fight as you hit the right targets. There is also a Starlord vs. Yondu Mission, which is the same as all the others, except without action figure fighting, and their is no CG Yondu.

The only unique mission is Gamora vs. Nebula. When you spell out Gamora's name, the ball drops and you get taken to a mini playfield, where you need to shoot some close quarters targets in sequence. I like these little challenges, but not when you are taken away from the actual table. I think it could have fit somewhere on the table, and yet they didn't bother. Separate play fields like this take me out of the experience of playing on an actual pinball machine. Usually Zen does a much better job at adding these kinds of mini playfields.

Defeating all these missions will start multi-ball wizard mode, and you simulate a big battle, with the five character balls in multi-ball action. You can also start a multi-ball quicker by spelling out COLLECTOR, which collects a ball after every 3 letters you get.

Bells and Whistles: Without the CG action figures, and character symbols on the balls, there are no real bells and whistles. None of the characters do much when not on missions, besides stand around and jeer you on. They don't provide much for a function to the actual gameplay. I'm not sure if the spaceship at the top of the screen provides any kind of function when you reach wizard mode, but it's just a pretty bump on a log for the rest of the game.

So when you're not on mission, there is nothing distinguishable about this table to Guardians of the Galaxy. It could just as easily been a recycled table that was scrapped from another idea, and honestly everything about this table feels so rushed to reach market, I have no reason to believe that this table was actually designed with the movie in mind. They just added a bunch of GOTG crap to it, and sold it. Its definitely not good. I'm a fan of Zen, but they have not made a table this bad in a long time.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

Gameplay: Before you do anything, the game starts off with a 5 ball multi-ball round. Its supposed to simulate an escape from whatever prison the GotG escape from in the movie, but I find it to be very annoying. You just spend a minute flicking balls every which way with no real objective or jackpot points to aim for, and then the flippers stop working and they drop down the drain after having done nothing but earn a few tiddly-wink points. And then the game actually starts. Its a pointless multi-ball round, that you didn't earn, with no challenge, risk or reward.

It then gives you 1-shot chance to hit a one-time skill shot which is meant to be a rescue of Starlord's music before they escape the prison and it gives you some bonus points. And then the Guadians of the Galaxy logo shows up and THEN the game starts. Its just two minutes of nonsense really. The regular skill shots are way too easy. You just match up a slow moving target on a dot matrix video screen, press fire, and off you go.

The actual gameplay is pure ramps. Their isn't much else to it, besides 3 easy drop targets. You hit the ramps enough to spell out the names of the five guardians, and then you start missions. Its really not hard. The biggest challenge is protecting your sides, as they tend to be drain monsters, but you keep spelling out Groot, and you're protected. It's pretty straight forward.

Visual: The play field art is your standard movie promotional material. The front of the table is decked out like a spaceship hull. It is very much like the Millenium Falcon look from the Han Solo pinball. It's a bit more colourful up the table. The ramps stand out and look nice. Their is certainly nothing complicated about the setup, and nothing that is too hard to see in the back. The extra side flipper is hard to see from certain angles of gameplay. Thats not good, considering you need it to hit the Drax ramp.

Their are four CGI characters that this table relies heavily on for visuals during missions. Starlord, Rocket and Ronan the Accuser are always present. Drax comes out when he is applicaple. There is also a nice model of their spaceship, at the top of the table that makes a really nice centrepiece.

Each of the five Guardians have their own signature ball, much like like the Avengers table, with their own symbols to represent them. I generally like the idea of this, but in practice it doesn't help this game. First of all, unlike the Avengers, their isn't much symbolism to these characters, besides Starlord. The balls are mostly distinguishable by the textures of their skin and clothes, most of which are some shade of brown. It actually does the gameplay a huge disservice, because there is a picture of Groot that covers the flipper and bumper field area in brown, and the Groot ball in particular is almost completely camouflaged. Luckily when not on missions, you use a standard silver ball, but that means the missions are that much more annoying, when the balls don't really stand out when you need them to, and there is not much to do in this game without missions.

Audio: The best thing I have to say about this table is the music. It is very much inspired by Starlord's love of 70's chart toppers, and really gives the whole table a sense of space cowboy Adventure. Unless their is a Firefly table that I'm not aware of, I'd say its pretty unique to pinball.

The voice overs are obviously not done by the movie stars. I know that Chris Pratt and Vin Diesel have some pretty distinct voices, but none of these characters sound even close. I checked, and it does not seem like any cartoon voiceover cast was hired either. Chris Cox, who normally does Starlord on TV, also does a lot of video game work, particularly for Marvel. So I don't really get it. We just got Nolan North on the last Marvel table. Before that we had a bunch of Star Wars tables, and all of those voice actors were able to at least sound like the original cast. Now it seems like we're going back to hiring any old person off the street to do the voice work.

Missions: Like I said, the missions are easy to start, and once you're in them, they are the same thing pretty much. You have the option of hitting two or three ramps a couple of times and then you beat the mission. Its Drax vs. Ronan, Starlord vs, Ronan, and Rocket and Groot vs. Ronan. The action figures will fight as you hit the right targets. There is also a Starlord vs. Yondu Mission, which is the same as all the others, except without action figure fighting, and their is no CG Yondu.

The only unique mission is Gamora vs. Nebula. When you spell out Gamora's name, the ball drops and you get taken to a mini playfield, where you need to shoot some close quarters targets in sequence. I like these little challenges, but not when you are taken away from the actual table. I think it could have fit somewhere on the table, and yet they didn't bother. Separate play fields like this take me out of the experience of playing on an actual pinball machine. Usually Zen does a much better job at adding these kinds of mini playfields.

Defeating all these missions will start multi-ball wizard mode, and you simulate a big battle, with the five character balls in multi-ball action. You can also start a multi-ball quicker by spelling out COLLECTOR, which collects a ball after every 3 letters you get.

Bells and Whistles: Without the CG action figures, and character symbols on the balls, there are no real bells and whistles. None of the characters do much when not on missions, besides stand around and jeer you on. They don't provide much for a function to the actual gameplay. I'm not sure if the spaceship at the top of the screen provides any kind of function when you reach wizard mode, but it's just a pretty bump on a log for the rest of the game.

So when you're not on mission, there is nothing distinguishable about this table to Guardians of the Galaxy. It could just as easily been a recycled table that was scrapped from another idea, and honestly everything about this table feels so rushed to reach market, I have no reason to believe that this table was actually designed with the movie in mind. They just added a bunch of GOTG crap to it, and sold it. Its definitely not good. I'm a fan of Zen, but they have not made a table this bad in a long time.

Sounds like a Zen table to me. 😉

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012

Actually a nice summary. Indeed it's not the best that Zen has produced but it's still fun Albeit easy. Perhaps the only alluring thing to me is that if you want to really challenge yourself, shoot for higher scores as beating all the missions/modes to get the orbs. Much like Sorcerer's Lair you don't have to beat the missions to start the 'wizard' mode but if you do collecting the orbs gives you larger jackpots especially if you shoot the lanes with the right character ball which doubles/Super Jackpots.

Yes I think the table was rushed to coincide with the release of GOTG movie but it's not as bad as some other tables.

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
Sounds like a Zen table to me. ��

Really? Well I get that some TPA players have issues with Zen, and I understand their reasons, but the main point of that summary was that this table was rushed to coincide with the movie. I don't think rushing to market is commonly a problem with Zen. Certainly people who only like TPA are not ones to hold that against them. :p

Yes I think the table was rushed to coincide with the release of GOTG movie but it's not as bad as some other tables.
Yeah, its not the worst. V12 is still by far the worst. And with just marvel tables, Iron Man takes the cake. But as of recently, none of them except maybe Doctor Strange has been this bad.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Actually a nice summary. Indeed it's not the best that Zen has produced but it's still fun Albeit easy. Perhaps the only alluring thing to me is that if you want to really challenge yourself, shoot for higher scores as beating all the missions/modes to get the orbs. Much like Sorcerer's Lair you don't have to beat the missions to start the 'wizard' mode but if you do collecting the orbs gives you larger jackpots especially if you shoot the lanes with the right character ball which doubles/Super Jackpots.

It is quite a fun table, but feels bog standard.

Be wary of collecting all the orbs, though. Once you collect all six (and possibly you need to start a regular mission, too), the orb values all reset, which feels like a real kick in the teeth. You get an extra ball, but all your hard work toward a lucrative wizard mode is gone. It's pretty bad design, actually, as it punishes you for doing well. Unless the value is held "silently" and all further orbs won adds to that score, I haven't verified that. But on the surface it looks like your progress is destroyed for doing well...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.