Nexus 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah the table select is going to change completely, partially because of the scaling issues

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
screen shots look great. Only downside to a large tablet is holding it for long periods of time.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I'm trying to decide between the nexus and the ipad 4 because my old android transformer is on it's last legs. does it have mirror effects on the ball on the nexus? I cant tel looking at the pics so well but it doesn't look like it. I would like to know if any of the android devices have mirror effects on the ball. I've seen video of the ipad versions and they have mirror effects, but I really love android so much more than apple so please put mirror effects.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
thanks :) mirror on the ball is very important to me for the feel of really playing pinball. I would prefer a mirrored ball over better light rendering any day if it's a give and take thing about the resources of hardware on new devices.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Had some annoying light bleed from one of the corners of the screen (which is one of its major selling points!) so I got a replacement coming.

Other than that, its fantastic.

Rob Savidge

Nov 21, 2012
Unfortunately, pinball arcade doesn't run as well on the nexus 10 os as it does on the iPad. It ran flawlessly on the iPad, but on the nexus it isn't scaled correctly (it scales for an android phone, not 10 inch tablet, hence the screenshots someone else posted earlier). Also, the flipper delay is very noticeable on the nexus PA version, in that the flippers don't work immediately when you tap the screen, unlike the iPad where the flippers respond almost immediately. Its a noticeable difference. I like the nexus better, but really hope for a pinball arcade nexus update soon.

Rob Savidge

Nov 21, 2012
It's definitely there for me. Every click in the ap is delayed and has to be a long press for it to register, which makes it difficult to play pinball. Its a brand new nexus 10, with all the os updates. I don't know what else could possibly be the issue other than some inherent bug with the pinball arcade software on the nexus os, android jelly bean. If anyone has any suggestions, please pass them along.

Rob Savidge

Nov 21, 2012
I have seen it repeated occasionally in a few other games, but not too often. For the most part everything else works fine. Perhaps it only affects upscaled apps. In any case, it's most noticeable in pinball arcade. The touch zones are also occasionally off in this app, which again might be a scaling issue. The only way to get the flippers to respond immediately is to do a mini swipe rather than a tap. I still think its a software issue, but I would like to find out if any other nexus 10 users are experiencing the same issue

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I got my replacement (which still suffers from back light bleed grr) and its also fine in TPA.

Maybe yours is faulty?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Any chance of the UI fix Ryan? I can't end games or navigate properly due to overlapping touch zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.