Nexus 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
actually carl, a kindle fire hd (1920x1200) was just put on my desk and seems to have a similar problem. I am going to try a few things to fix it and I can post a build for you to try out once its ready

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
actually carl, a kindle fire hd (1920x1200) was just put on my desk and seems to have a similar problem. I am going to try a few things to fix it and I can post a build for you to try out once its ready

Thanks, I couldn't exactly screenshot the touch mappings anyway :p

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
its always been a heavy table cpu wise (i think its the rom), i know even ios has troubles keeping it at 60. that being said not sure what might have changed since we didn't update the rez file for the table itself, perhaps something emulation related. I'll bring it up around the office to see if anyone has any clue.

N

netizen

I was hoping UPS would be delivering mine today, but alas I will be waiting until Monday :(

What a surprise! ups showed up late afterall. Nexus 10 and a weekend wasted, lol

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
its always been a heavy table cpu wise (i think its the rom), i know even ios has troubles keeping it at 60. that being said not sure what might have changed since we didn't update the rez file for the table itself, perhaps something emulation related. I'll bring it up around the office to see if anyone has any clue.

It runs at 60fps on my Samsung Galaxy S.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
It runs at 60fps on my TF700T as well, Carl. The Nexus 10 has similar specs, so I wonder whats up, just the CPU clcok speed?
Just speculating

=^)

Mxyzptlk

Jul 27, 2012
Got my Nexus 10 today, and just finished installing PA on it. Played most of the tables, and it's running beautifully. The previously mentioned UI scaling issue is the only issue I've had.

pghjerry

Aug 1, 2012
Carl, do you recommend the Nexus 10 or the ASUS Transformer?, I'm still so hesitant to drop the 500 bucks.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
Just got a Nexus 10...agree with the above posters, the display is BEAUTIFUL. Even Harley Davidson looks great (the "Next City" detail above the "Mystery Rider" scoop, the motorcycle)...you can actually read the names of the modes in Star Trek and TZ on the playfield...really stunning. Yup, lots of work needed on the buttons (text size, placement, "clickable area", Star Trek doesn't know where the trigger button is, and thank you Mxyzptlk above for finding that you can go back to landscape to make some of the buttons work!). I somehow find myself willing to forgive the issues as I just stare at the table details!

Eckless

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
The button mappings and tiny ui was a result of old technology that was not scaling properly. I have fixed it so that the UI layout should scale properly now (this has never worked for Android on high resolution retinal displays). I have modeled it after how the ui looks on the Nexus 7 (1280x800). Some testing is required, but I will have a link soon if you guys with the large displays want to check it out.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I'm an ASUS TF700T user and I just thought I'd mention that while my Inifinity is no slouch and plays TPA flawlessly without any visible differences from the Nexus 10 at normal viewing distance, if the nexus 10 was available when I purchased my 10" tablet that's the one I would have chosen.

Timelord ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.