No New PS3 Tables Today?

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
One nice thing about the Vita, its updates always come with actual information about the update, unlike the PS3 where it only gives you a version number and no info.

The update added support for 4 new tables:

Black Knight 2000
WHOdunnit?
High-Speed
JunkYard

No other updates or fixes mentioned. I'm sure it's exactly the same for PS3....no other fixes or updates beyond support for the 4 new tables.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
One nice thing about the Vita, its updates always come with actual information about the update, unlike the PS3 where it only gives you a version number and no info.

The update added support for 4 new tables:

Black Knight 2000
WHOdunnit?
High-Speed
JunkYard

No other updates or fixes mentioned. I'm sure it's exactly the same for PS3....no other fixes or updates beyond support for the 4 new tables.

I cannot WAIT to finally play "WHO Dunnit?"!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Downloaded this past night in Europe (1.18 ; 400MB). I don't understand why the update is so big, as the table packs are not unlock keys (i.e. the download size of a single pack is roughly 70-100MB). So, what's in these 400MB?

Apart this, nothing new spotted.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
*First Impressions on all four new tables*

Black Knight 2000:

I've played this one many times before, so I already knew what to expect. To me, this table is a million times better than the original, and the guys did an amazing job on it! In fact, I find it much easier to play this on TPA than in real life, which is just fine by mean. They did great on recreating this classic!

I got all 5 Standard Goals on my first play. :)

High Speed:

I had never played this before, but I know everyone speaks highly of it. To be honest, I don't get the hype. I was kind of weary when I saw the demo and PC videos for it, as it really didn't look like anything special, but I was reserving judgement until I actually played it. Now that I have, it's literally like a really big upgraded version of "Victory". (Ok, maybe that was a bit too much. I'm sure THAT comment will earn me some new friends around here! lol) I honestly don't enjoy this table at all, in fact, it's borderline boring to me. It's certainly not better than other SS classics like "F-14 Tomcat", but I am glad it finally got made. I know a LOT of people really wanted it.

I'm hoping the sequel is much, much better.

Junk Yard:

I had seen this table before, but never played it. The one thing that has always turned me off is the table art. It just looked like a big mess, and seeing it and playing it on PS3, it's certainly even worse, unless you raise the camera view up. I don't know if it's just me, but I can barely make anything out unless I did so otherwise!

As for gameplay, it's a lot better and a lot more fun than I expected. At one point, I got a good half hour of play and got nearly 100 million. It's actually a great table to start decent players on to sharpen up their skills, esp with that crane shot!

Who Dunnit?:

I've been dying to play this since I first heard about it from TPA. Wow, this game is a total blast! I love everything about it. It's a really fun and challenging table, and on a first try, those left and right ramps are a little challenging to hit, so it looks like I'm gonna need some practice on my timing.

I'd say this is the best table out of the four.

Last edited:

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Downloaded this past night in Europe (1.18 ; 400MB). I don't understand why the update is so big, as the table packs are not unlock keys (i.e. the download size of a single pack is roughly 70-100MB). So, what's in these 400MB?
Because you're re-downloading the main game again, which contains 8 tables (for demo purposes). It's just the way the updates work on the PS3 version.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Ahhh.... that feels good! 4 awesome tables!

But did anyone notice any updated "old" tables yet (which was the whole point of the superpatch)?

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
But did anyone notice any updated "old" tables yet (which was the whole point of the superpatch)?

I'm not exactly sure how you missed any of the newly updated old tables? They pretty much upgraded all of them.

One of the most upgraded ones was "Dr. Dude", which is a million times brighter. For a more extensive list, check this out:

Sure, here it is

Code:
[COLOR="#FF0000"]update #9, 04/10/2014[/COLOR]

I think Farsight has done a great job with this patch. Everything looks to be much improved!

Here's my attempt at compiling a changelog based on comparisons from pre-Super Patch data.
Thanks to everyone who has offered submissions. [U]If you have something to add, which isn't already listed here, please let me know and I'll update it + give credit. [/U]

[SIZE=5][U]Added to TPA via Super Patch:[/U][/SIZE]
1. More responsive flippers.
2. Stereoscopic 3D *press triangle /\ and use right analog stick to adjust strength.
3. Audio mixing via sliders (sound effects / table music / menu music)
4. Default *Ching* sound removed when typing initials for high score allowing you to hear the intended sound effect.
5. Global contrast and saturation improvements on most table assets. 
6. The dmd is now animated on the back glass of mm, NGG, and mb. They weren't before. (Submitted by Gorgar)

[SIZE=5][U]Changes noticed on tables:[/U][/SIZE]

[B]ATTACK FROM MARS[/B]
Pop bumpers are improved [COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]
Black seam half way up playfield art is now gone [COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]

[B]BLACK KNIGHT[/B]
No more scorch mark on the playfield!
Balls don't travel through the table.

[B]CACTUS CANYON [/B]
Improved colors
Better camera angles (you can now clearly see the right outlane.
Guns look better (might be from better lighting?)

[B]CIRQUS VOLTAIRE[/B]
The screen is much brighter and looks fantastic. Perhaps they are using a higher resolution scan?
The neon reflects on the insides of the table (nice effect!).
The whole table feels less floaty and much more fluid. 
Ringmaster looks more 3D and polished looking.
Added lightning bolt sticker on neon tube & sticker to left of DMD on back wall & sticker on the highwire ramp.[COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]

[B]DR DUDE[/B]
Wow! The colors really pop on this. 
Not much else noticed.

[B]ELVIRA AND THE PARTY MONSTERS[/B]
Black seam half way up playfield art is now gone. [COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]
Texture added to translucent Party Punch Ramp.

[B]FIREPOWER[/B]
The pop bumpers are vastly improved. [COLOR="#FF0000"]*[/COLOR]

[B]FUNHOUSE[/B]
The plunger now pulls back all the way [COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]

[B]HARLEY DAVIDSON[/B] 
Table contrast and color saturation has been adjusted. No more "pale rider" ;)

[B]NO GOOD GOPHERS[/B]
Contrast and muted colors were adjusted. 
The playing field might be a little bit too dark compared to other tables.
Ramps are a nicer and more colorful shade of blue.

[B]RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT[/B]
Probably the best looking table now!
Sharper table graphics.
Rails look more golden and now cast shadows onto table.
Ramps cast light differently and are a deeper red.

[B]STAR TREK TNG[/B]
Table is no longer giving off a pink hue.
The table is much brighter and colors more vivid.
The gamer angle for probe launching has been improved.
The blue shield lights above the Enterprise are now correctly aligned. [COLOR="#008000"]*[/COLOR]

[B]T2 JUDGEMENT DAY[/B]
Colors are more accurate. 

[B]TEE'D OFF[/B]
No more pink hue.
Palm trees look improved.

[B]TWILIGHT ZONE[/B]
Better colors (no more pink hue).
Pop bumpers have a better than texture and look better when lit. They have a shiny 3D look to them.
Metal ramp looks improved.
Gumball machine looks awesome now!

[B]WHITE WATER[/B]
It no longer crashes the PS3! :)
Table graphics are much cleaner.
Colors are more accurate.

[COLOR="#FF0000"] [B]*[/B] = submitted by shutyertrap [/COLOR]
[COLOR="#008000"] [B]*[/B] = submitted by Grashopper[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"][U]FUTURE PATCH REQUESTS ...."Mega Patch" ? ;)[/U][/COLOR]
1. Ability to play custom music either via the XMB or in game menu. (Would be perfect for Arcade Ambience mp3 background sounds!)
[COLOR="#800080"]2. Online co-op play with option with voice chat.[/COLOR]
3. The Pinball Arcade main menu overhaul.
[COLOR="#800080"]4. Lighting day/night slider. (This was discussed by Farsight quite a while ago, but as of yet, not implemented.)[/COLOR]
5. Improved pinball flyer scans (1920x1080 pixel or higher would be idea for consoles)
[COLOR="#800080"]6. Further refinement and replacement of blurry table graphics (I.E. CFTBL - Title card, instructions, Universal Monsters sticker, and the bumper next to the KISS lane, Victory playfield is low res. )[/COLOR]
7. Seperate savable option settings for EACH table for EVERY option[SIZE=2]: Camera view: 1/2/3/4 + Camera lock: locked/unlocked +
Plunger cam: 1/2/3 + DMD: on/off + Multiball cam: on/off + Event cam: on/off + Number of balls: 3/5 + Dual stage flippers: on/off + Orientation: landscape/portrait + 3D settings + Sound settings + Controller settings + Touchscreen settings + Tilt settings + Lighting Settings[/SIZE] (submitted be Neil L.)
[COLOR="#800080"]8. The ability to view table instructions while game is paused.[/COLOR]
9. Option to remove HUD when table is in "pre-play" panning attract mode.
[COLOR="#800080"]10. Option for table glass and reflections (like in Williams Pinball Hall of Fame)[/COLOR]
11. TATE mode for PS3 version. Perfect for rotatable screens.
[COLOR="#800080"]12. Multi-controller support. [/COLOR](Submitted by MonkeyGrass)
13. Add Hall of Fame Scoring. (Submitted by Grashopper)
[COLOR="#800080"]14. Add a "tournament" difficulty setting (which disables extra-balls) and separate leaderboards for it.[/COLOR] (Submitted by Tann)
15. We could use more camera viewing angles. (Submitted by Budtki)
[COLOR="#800080"]16. Improved sound quality with less compression than is used on the portable versions of TPA.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"]=======================  ~ started by SpooNMan April 2014 ~  ====================== [/COLOR]

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Because you're re-downloading the main game again, which contains 8 tables (for demo purposes). It's just the way the updates work on the PS3 version.

I think the European version only contains the four base tables. A moot point given the context, but thought I'd say anyway.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
High Speed:

I had never played this before, but I know everyone speaks highly of it.

Is there the lighting trick like on the other versions (when everything turns dark on the table)?

shogun00 said:

Yeah, you're right, but like Espy said, there's only 4 tables in the EU core game, and sometimes the update size is around 200MB, sometimes 300MB, this time 400MB (the biggest if I remember well, except the megapatch of course)...

maezun

Jul 21, 2013
I'm not exactly sure how you missed any of the newly updated old tables? They pretty much upgraded all of them.

One of the most upgraded ones was "Dr. Dude", which is a million times brighter. For a more extensive list, check this out:

Not wanting to speak for Byte or anything, but I think he meant that future updates were supposed to be easier to implement post-superpatch. I think I noticed improved sound quality on a few of the tables but that might just be me. I thought there might be a chance that Farsight would improve the sound on the PS3 version as they're supposed to be sorting it out on the PS4 version.

In any case, I'm loving the new tables :)

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Not actually live on the PSN yet, but the PS Blog has updated with this:

dysa5uza.jpg

Not entirely sure why Black Knight 2000 and WHO Dunnit are missing their Pro Packs, a shame, as I'm not going to pay over the odds just to get Pro mode.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Not actually live on the PSN yet, but the PS Blog has updated with this:

dysa5uza.jpg

Not entirely sure why Black Knight 2000 and WHO Dunnit are missing their Pro Packs, a shame, as I'm not going to pay over the odds just to get Pro mode.

Looks like they've just messed up the blog post. The Pro upgrade shouldn't cost £3.99 on BK2K.

Even if it's not in the store, it should be. Just another example of Sony messing up. Should hopefully be fixed soon if it is the case.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I hope so, been really looking forward to playing WHO Dunnit, since playing the trial on iOS months ago, so don't want to have to hold off from buying it for too long.

This is the other, slightly different version of the listing on the same blog post:

ryzude6a.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts