No Release Date Yet?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
The Recent Addams Family Kickstarter is stating about a WiiU verison of the game, so i think there is still hope.

It's probably a problem with the parity clause from Microsoft.
When the time comes for backers to state our preferred system, I'm gonna select Wii-U to make a statement. Yes, I've been enjoying Pinball on my Ouya, but I would prefer it on my Wii-U if there was such an option. I would gladly double dip to be able to play it on my Game pad with the TV off.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Once 360 and Xbone are out.

This is laughable. FarSight wants to get its' app on as many consoles as possible in order to make the most money. Yet:
(1): That deal only delays releases for other consoles by a month (although not for Android, Ouya, Apple, and PC)
(2): There is still no known progress on either Xbox version, beyond the farcical "pre-submissions"
(3): We haven't seen any evidence on the WiiU version since 2012
(4): Xbox Live arcade and WiiU logos STILL appear on their official website as of a few seconds ago

In a past post, you arrogantly scolded me about needing a new schtick. No I do not! If anyone needs a "new schtick", it is FarSight Studios. And no, "Orbals" alone does not count.

I supported the 360 until it became clear there would never be DLC updates, Android (before the tablet died), PS4-only to find it was no better than any other console version, and now PC, which I'll stick with. Because of that, I'll be playing POTO before any Xbox 360 owner will get to play CFTBL, or before any PS4 owner will get to play Dr. Dude, or before any WiiU owner gets to play even TOTAN. Do I want other console owners to enjoy these games on their platform of choice? Of course I do. After nearly two and a half years of TPA, we can't say the same about FarSight.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
All I said is that the 360 and Xbone versions will come out before the Wii-U. It's true.
Well Farsight released TPA on Ouya, which is a far smaller market than Wii-U, considering most Ouya owners use it for XBMC or as a cheap emulator box, and never purchase a single thing. I have a PC yes, but I primarily use it for fractal rendering and other stuff, not gaming. I have a PS3 I rarely use, Wii-U, and a crap-ton of retro stuff. Wii-U is still the "underdog" compared to PS4 and Xbone, but sales are picking up thanks to Mario Kart and Smash Bros hype.

Zen Studios put out their stuff on Wii-U. It's really great and the controls are snappy. I've got all the non-Marvel tables as well as Star Wars Pinball. Nothing against the Marvel license but I've played the demos and it seems less thought was put into those than the non-Mavel tables.

Either way there's no excuse for the Wii-U logo on the Farsight page for nearly two years with no product. It was originally announced as a "launch window" eShop title and Wii-U was going to be my platform of choice this generation. Since I've chosen not to support MS or Sony this gen, I got Ouya for Indie support but it ultimately became a glorified Pinball machine because Farsight actually delivered the goods on this tiny platform. Still waiting to make the switch to Wii-U.

Like many on these forums I don't have a problem with double-dipping if Farsight gives us an excuse to do so. :p

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Well Farsight released TPA on Ouya, which is a far smaller market than Wii-U, considering most Ouya owners use it for XBMC or as a cheap emulator box, and never purchase a single thing. I have a PC yes, but I primarily use it for fractal rendering and other stuff, not gaming. I have a PS3 I rarely use, Wii-U, and a crap-ton of retro stuff. Wii-U is still the "underdog" compared to PS4 and Xbone, but sales are picking up thanks to Mario Kart and Smash Bros hype.

Zen Studios put out their stuff on Wii-U. It's really great and the controls are snappy. I've got all the non-Marvel tables as well as Star Wars Pinball. Nothing against the Marvel license but I've played the demos and it seems less thought was put into those than the non-Mavel tables.

Either way there's no excuse for the Wii-U logo on the Farsight page for nearly two years with no product. It was originally announced as a "launch window" eShop title and Wii-U was going to be my platform of choice this generation. Since I've chosen not to support MS or Sony this gen, I got Ouya for Indie support but it ultimately became a glorified Pinball machine because Farsight actually delivered the goods on this tiny platform. Still waiting to make the switch to Wii-U.

Like many on these forums I don't have a problem with double-dipping if Farsight gives us an excuse to do so. :p

I have no issue with whatever console any gamer chooses to support. My issue is with the support reciprocating from FarSight. If they're going to claim their product is available on a particular console or consoles, their product ought to be there.

I completely agree with your overall post-and this is coming from someone who has supported multiple versions. I bought a PS4 mainly because of TPA's alleged superiority over other console versions and the fact that season 2 was supposed to be available this past spring. Now there's been total silence on season 2 and the rest of season 3 (which I already own on PC), and the fixing of glaring, obvious bugs. Granted, I should have done more vetting to see if I was going to be as disappointed with the PS4 as I still am with the 360 version.

Hope that the WiiU version of TPA does eventually come through for you and others.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Well now with the Xbox One version releasing tommaro, I hope Farsight gives us an update on whats up with the Wii U version.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Well now with the Xbox One version releasing tommaro, I hope Farsight gives us an update on whats up with the Wii U version.
Tomorrow, eh? So I guess the Xbox 360 relaunch is officially dead?

Hopefully they do something. Either put out or remove the Wii-U logo from your website...:p

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Tomorrow, eh? So I guess the Xbox 360 relaunch is officially dead?

Hopefully they do something. Either put out or remove the Wii-U logo from your website...:p

Well the 360 version isn't dead. The XB1 version just came out first. Not sure when the 360 will come out but its definitly still coming according to Farsight. I just hope now that they finished the X1 version maybe now they can put there focus on another new console version (the Wii U.)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Well the 360 version isn't dead. The XB1 version just came out first. Not sure when the 360 will come out but its definitly still coming according to Farsight. I just hope now that they finished the X1 version maybe now they can put there focus on another new console version (the Wii U.)

I think they showed a video of ToM from December 2012. It seems whenever I buy TPA on consoles, support dries up soon thereafter. Xbox 360-unsupported since September 2012. PS4-three updates, no sound fix, no season 2, 4 missing tables from season 3, no season 4, and nothing in the pipeline. Please, nobody tell FarSight that I'm supporting the PC version, or they might pull the plug on that one too. (Did I just say that out loud?)

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I think they showed a video of ToM from December 2012. It seems whenever I buy TPA on consoles, support dries up soon thereafter. Xbox 360-unsupported since September 2012. PS4-three updates, no sound fix, no season 2, 4 missing tables from season 3, no season 4, and nothing in the pipeline. Please, nobody tell FarSight that I'm supporting the PC version, or they might pull the plug on that one too. (Did I just say that out loud?)

Ha! That was funny!

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Another reason I went with Ouya. Day one updates and you get to play with a real frikking controller (it also supports PS3 controllers).

Now where's my giant Wii-U update? I'm ready to double dip, Farsight...:p

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I just got a Wii U can I join too?
Sure, welcome to the fanclub! ;)

Lotta great games available now. Be sure to check out SM 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros. Bayonetta 2 is one of the best third party exclusives to hit Nintendo in years, and Zelda HD is coming in 2015. Zen Pinball and Star Wars Pinball are available now in the eShop if you need a Pinball fix. Sadly no TPA, yet... :confused:

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I got the smb3dw bundle so got that and love it. Also have Nintendo land which I've yet to try but will. I downloaded a bunch of demos and found a notification that I had gotten wii sports club and I don't remember there even being a demo and I definitely didn't purchase it

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
They haven't stopped working on the Wii U version. FS just had to make sure the Xbox One version was good and had to release season 2 for PS4. After this, I'm sure we'll hear something for the Wii U version for Q1 2015.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.