:) :) :) November 1st!

Rainman

Oct 26, 2013
Well, I'm new here but not that new to pinball :) As far as I could have read, the Pro version comes with the operators manual, movable ball, table exploration and rules. Considering the fact that changing things in the operators manual successfully disqualifies you from the competitive highscore section, I can only say that buying the Pro pack isn't worth the additional buck.

I don't know what will happen with the cab version, will it be bought separately but for now? Owning a pinball cab, that is my main field of interest...

Ripley

Aug 28, 2013
Finally :D!

One question and sorry if this was asked before. If I buy the season 1 pack, I must buy the core pack separately?

Thank you.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Great news!! I predict the next KickStarter table to be announced soon after Nov 1st!.

Does this mean that now table production can be moved from the Xbox to PC?, as I think that the 360 platform has had its day where TPA is involved!. Surely it has to be easier for FS to move everything over to PC?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Great news!! I predict the next KickStarter table to be announced soon after Nov 1st!.

Does this mean that now table production can be moved from the Xbox to PC?, as I think that the 360 platform has had its day where TPA is involved!. Surely it has to be easier for FS to move everything over to PC?

It's the future! :)

I have a couple of questions:

1. After purchasing the Season packs, can we still expect regular updates to the tables and TPA itself?

2. How is the cost of Kickstarter backed tables to be accounted for when purchasing the Season packs?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

+1!

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
i have a question to FS: if 19 pack will not be released for PC at 1st november with TPA - is its appearance a matter of few days after that?

Last edited:
N

netizen

It's the future! :)

I have a couple of questions:

1. After purchasing the Season packs, can we still expect regular updates to the tables and TPA itself?

2. How is the cost of Kickstarter backed tables to be accounted for when purchasing the Season packs?

have been curious about the inclusion of Kickstarter tables in season packs as well. Maybe an answer will be forthcoming this time around.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I think I once read the answer to this question somewhere on the kickstarter site.
As I recall, you get a refund for another pack.

Sexton Hardcastle

Jun 5, 2013
I apologize if this question is redundant, but I didn't really see it clearly put (while admitting that I may have missed it)...

-Do we need to load our Steam wallet to purchase the game/packs/etc, or can we use credit card/paypal/etc?
-If we do need to use Steam wallet (would prefer if we didn't) does it take time to credit that appear in there?

Thanks

Sexton Hardcastle

Jun 5, 2013
Thanks. Going in, I just assumed we'd be able to use cc/paypal if we so desired (or steam wallet, though I've never used it) but wasn't 100% sure because of something I saw Mike say a few days back:

The reason the purchasing is done the way it is (using the micro transaction system and steam wallet) is because Valve said that is how we HAD to do it. They would not let us have multiple packs of DLC through the DLC purchasing. If we did that, then we would only have the main game, and the season packs. That's all they would allow.

I originally set it up to use DLC, but was then told I had to change it, which caused a big delay due to the fact I had to re-write all the purchasing.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/6180-Beta-0-025?p=108775&viewfull=1#post108775

N

netizen

I think I once read the answer to this question somewhere on the kickstarter site.
As I recall, you get a refund for another pack.

Yes, I, and all other backers, get another credit, but that isn't the question. Although it does add to the issue.
The question has to do with FS accounting for licensing costs etc. and how they will take this into consideration when including these kickstarted tables in season packs.

In season 1 you get packs 1-10. Two of those packs, if bought individually, are 4.99 a piece, for single tables. 2 tables from a $30 season pack would cost $10 just by themselves, or $16 from a $40 pro season. If you already have the kickstarted tables, the season pass purchase is not accounting for them, and if you don't you're getting one hell of a deal.

That is the question. How does that accounting work out. Don't these Kickstarter tables become a loss leader when included in the season packs like this, especially when season 1 is priced at $10 less than season 2, and season 2 has been received remarkably less well than the first one was; judging by the fan reaction on this forum and the FB posts.

This isn't about demanding anything. it's a request for information as I suspect that the inclusion of Kickstarted tables in the season packs will have a dramatic effect on the way future kickstarters are viewed and the level to which people will contribute in the future.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I apologize if this question is redundant, but I didn't really see it clearly put (while admitting that I may have missed it)...

-Do we need to load our Steam wallet to purchase the game/packs/etc, or can we use credit card/paypal/etc?
-If we do need to use Steam wallet (would prefer if we didn't) does it take time to credit that appear in there?

Thanks

From what I understood you do need to use the steam wallet, but you don't really have to worry about it. It works the exact same way as if you bought the game directly from steam with a credit card, just with the extra step of buying the appropriate amount into steam wallet and then using that. Buying a game directly or moving cash to steam wallet and buying with that instead is an identical process as far as your payment is concerned from what I've seen from doing it both ways.

Also, at least when using a credit card or paypal the steam wallet gets updated instantly when you pay. Not sure about the other payment methods.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Did anyone see the official system requirements yet? For instance I'm curious if I can use my "DirectX" gamepad instead of having to go out and buy a XboX 360 Controller, but mere days before release the whole *finalized* list should be available.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
@JPelter

As far as I know, you can only add 5, 10, 25, 50 or 100 Euro (don't know about USD) to the wallet.
So if you want to buy something for 7.99 then you have to add at least 10 and your wallet will be 2.01.
I hate that. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.