Official Twilight Zone News

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm frightened to think about it. The Powerball is barely controllable in real life. Between that and the excess bounciness of the regular pinballs in TPA, it could be a real monster. Hopefully the improved flipper physics will be ready in time for TZ; being able to trap the Powerball for a set shot is really the only way of getting the thing back into the gumball machine.

It also can getting going really fast. (It's about 20% lighter than a steel pinball.) If anything's going to ghost through flippers, it'll be the Powerball.

Agreed on all points...Bobby is going to have his hands full trying to get the Powerball to move and react realistically. I personally can't wait to see the results.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I am curious about that too. Have any other pinball games used special balls?
Well, Hercules had its cue ball. There was a pin that had a golden ball that multiplied all scoring while it was out, but I don't think the gold ball itself had any special properties other than being a different color.

Family Guy and Shrek have their miniature pinball machines with mini pinball as well, but it's fairly normally behaved. It does play fast, being very light and on a very small playfield.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Finally, you got talked down to because you tried talking down to me first with a very hasty post that was light on facts, wrong about those facts and generally poorly thought out. You deleted it quickly once I pointed that out, so I guess its only my word about that.

I deleted my post before I even saw your reply. I wasn't purposely talking down to you, I just thought you were belittling other posts in a rude manner, which you still are. Everyone posts something that is wrong and constantly talking down to me and accusing me of saying wrong things on purpose will do nothing to settle this. I just want you to stop being rude! Anyway, this argument is just silly now and I just want it to end.

Last edited:

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Alright guys, back on topic and enough ranting, bickering, etc....

I'm just getting frustrated with this. I don't want to argue with Actionball, but I want him to stop making rude posts every time I reply to him.

Me too, so stop provoking me.

If you can't deal with the reality that I was responding to personal attacks and not just going off on a tangent that is none of my business. It becomes my business when you want to call me out for something I have not done and insisting I am being rude to you and others without cause. I will not abide baseless attacks from you or anyone.

I'm not trying to provoke or attack you. I never said you went on a tangent, I just felt you were replying in a rude way that was uncalled for, even for personal attacks. I mentioned multiple times I was not trying to call you out for something you haven't done, but you continue to accuse me of doing so. I never said it was without cause, I was saying it's something you shouldn't do at all.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Guys, the rude/personal/defensive posts stop here. If you still have something to settle, then please do it via PM. Last warning before I start deleting posts. Thanks.

Back on topic.....

Last edited:

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
From the standpoint of a 1st generation gamer, I recall spending some 20-30 dollars on Atari 2600 games when they first came out. Do you realize how bad most of those games were? Now its 2012 and I got 4 high quality pinball tables for the PS3 and PS Vita for 10 bucks! On top of that, when made available, I can buy DLC with two tables for 5 bucks! Sure there are some bugs here and there but I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying what I have purchased and to be honest believe each table is worth about 10 bucks each or even 15. So in that light, I have no grievances with FarSight at all. Do I want the bugs fixed, sure ... am I in a panic if they are not fixed tomorrow? No. Do I think they should state and release DLC packs every two or three months instead of each month and work out the bugs first ... sure. Am I fired up with a company offering me gaming for an initial 10 buck investment and future investments of 5 bucks? ... Not at all ... I have a lot of games on both my PS3 and PS Vita, and I must say, I spend more time and get more enjoyment out of FarSigts game than many of the games I spent 60 bucks on, which by the way, also have their own bugs.

Did I contribute to TZ, yes ... why? Because I like the Twilight Zone and Star Trek too, and I like the idea that a company is bringing me recreations of real pinball tables ... its just downright fun!

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Geez, I step away to clean the house and come back to this insanity...

I'm locking this thread for a day. Everyone needs to get a good sleep and come back when they're well rested. Deep breath, and relaaaaax.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Okay, the thread is reopened. Play nice, or it'll be closed again.

Please keep discussion about Twilight Zone, and the Kickstarter. Off-limits would be discussion about pulling a pledge, the reasons behind pulling a pledge, or discussing someone else's pledge.

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
Okay, the thread is reopened. Play nice, or it'll be closed again.

Please keep discussion about Twilight Zone, and the Kickstarter. Off-limits would be discussion about pulling a pledge, the reasons behind pulling a pledge, or discussing someone else's pledge.

Why? I find watching other people's argument/debate interesting.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012

I absolutely agree. The bang for your buck on TPA is downright mindblowing.

I pledged for TZ not because I really wanted this table badly at the time (though I want it badly NOW, after falling in love with RBION so much) but because I really enjoy TPA and while there are some bugs here and there, I just feel these guys have their hearts at the right place, so I cut them some slack.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
From the standpoint of a 1st generation gamer, I recall spending some 20-30 dollars on Atari 2600 games when they first came out. Do you realize how bad most of those games were? Now its 2012 and I got 4 high quality pinball tables for the PS3 and PS Vita for 10 bucks! On top of that, when made available, I can buy DLC with two tables for 5 bucks! Sure there are some bugs here and there but I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying what I have purchased and to be honest believe each table is worth about 10 bucks each or even 15. So in that light, I have no grievances with FarSight at all. Do I want the bugs fixed, sure ... am I in a panic if they are not fixed tomorrow? No. Do I think they should state and release DLC packs every two or three months instead of each month and work out the bugs first ... sure. Am I fired up with a company offering me gaming for an initial 10 buck investment and future investments of 5 bucks? ... Not at all ... I have a lot of games on both my PS3 and PS Vita, and I must say, I spend more time and get more enjoyment out of FarSigts game than many of the games I spent 60 bucks on, which by the way, also have their own bugs.

Did I contribute to TZ, yes ... why? Because I like the Twilight Zone and Star Trek too, and I like the idea that a company is bringing me recreations of real pinball tables ... its just downright fun!

I'm a 1st generation gamer too. We've definitely come a long way. I even remember the black and white games (can't remember the name of the console) where all you had was the black screen along the white sticks. You could play tennis, jai alai and shoot the white square. LOL The guys at FarSight are doing an excellent job. Like I've said on other posts, I don't mind paying more if I will get to play my favorite pinball games. Here in Puerto Rico we don't have pinball games anymore. Even the arcade rooms have disappeared because of the current generation consoles. I think that the guys at FarSight are giving us a great opportunity to play our favorite pinball games and also give us the chance to play games that fans like myself never got the chance to play, such as Medieval Madness, Cirqus Voltaire, Monster Bash and others.

One of the things I always say to my friends is that if I win the lotto or get an incredibily monster raise at work I would have a game room with a nice bar, a pool table and all of my favorite pinball machines. There are so many games I would love to own that I have played live and others I haven't played but watched their gameplay on Youtube and they seem to be very fun to play. As far as they're around I will give FarSight my support by buying their pinball recreations. All I ask is that the games released are of great quality and like you said, some bugs might appear from time to time, but thankfully those can always be fixed via patch.

Last edited:

Blunt Fish Games

Apr 7, 2012
I gave once toward the kickstarter, and I'll give again if I'm not cleaned out by a necessary car repair (rainwater's getting in between body panels and leaking into the cabin... that has to be the priority item). Until then, I'll just beat the drum for the kickstarter at my FB page and with friends both in person and online. The least I can do, right?

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
It's getting pretty exciting. So many people were doubting whether this was even necessary. I'm glad all the fans came together at least for this table to make it possible. Here's hoping ST: TNG is able to get full funding as well whether it be on this Kickstarter or a new one.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'm a 1st generation gamer too. We've definitely come a long way. I even remember the black and white games (can't remember the name of the console) where all you had was the black screen along the white sticks. You could play tennis, jai alai and shoot the white square. LOL

Sounds like the Magnavox Odyssey, the very first home video game console ever. You also had to put overlays on the t.v. screen to be able to play certain games, much like early arcade games like Star Castle and Boot Hill.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts