PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #3 - Bally (Closed)

What Are Your Top Ten Most Wanted Bally Tables

• Black Rose (1992)

Votes: 213 57.9%
  • Corvette (1994)

Votes: 154 41.8%
  • Eight Ball Champ (1985)

Votes: 49 13.3%
  • Eight Ball Deluxe (1981)

Votes: 150 40.8%
  • Elektra (1981)

Votes: 53 14.4%
  • Embryon (1981)

Votes: 67 18.2%
  • Evil Knieval (1977)

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • Fathom (1981)

Votes: 101 27.4%
  • Fireball Classic (1984)

Votes: 47 12.8%
  • Fireball II (1981)

Votes: 35 9.5%
  • Flash Gordon (1981)

Votes: 104 28.3%
  • Future Spa (1979)

Votes: 44 12.0%
  • Indianapolis 500 (1995)

Votes: 132 35.9%
  • Judge Dredd (1993)

Votes: 197 53.5%
  • Mata Hari (1978)

Votes: 52 14.1%
  • Medusa (1981)

Votes: 75 20.4%
  • Mousin’ Around! (1989)

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • Nitro Ground Shaker (1980)

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • Paragon (1979)

Votes: 86 23.4%
  • Party Zone, The (1991)

Votes: 158 42.9%
  • Radical! (1990)

Votes: 62 16.8%
  • Safe Cracker (1996)

Votes: 191 51.9%
  • Silverball Mania (1978)

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Space Invaders (1980)

Votes: 103 28.0%
  • Spectrum (1981)

Votes: 59 16.0%
  • Strange Science (1986)

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • Strikes and Spares (1978)

Votes: 51 13.9%
  • WHO dunnit (1995)

Votes: 196 53.3%
  • World Cup Soccer (1994)

Votes: 199 54.1%
  • Xenon (1980)

Votes: 162 44.0%

• Total voters

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I don't know this for a fact, but my assumption is that since Space Invaders is on the Bally poll and not the Premium poll, it's within FarSight's means to do without a Kickstarter. If you could confirm or deny this, PiN WiZ, I'd be much obliged...

It's not a matter of licensing cost. It's that Fox sued Bally because of the Alien on the back glasses resemblance to the Giger Alien from the movie ALIEN. They pulled production of it and had to pay royalties to Fox. Might be a legal mess to get made and if they had to pay licensing to Fox, for the Alien license, then that would probably be pretty expensive. Alien is one of thier top properties.

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/space-invaders

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Here's a better look at Party Zone. Let's you hear the music, and see the fun art style of the table. Something really special about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7swHNPHj9O0

Of all the tables I voted, I feel Party Zone has the least chance of winning, even though it's my favorite. I encourage others to take a deeper look at this one.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Here's a better look at Party Zone. Let's you hear the music, and see the fun art style of the table. Something really special about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7swHNPHj9O0

Of all the tables I voted, I feel Party Zone has the least chance of winning, even though it's my favorite. I encourage others to take a deeper look at this one.

The table does look amazing. However, why do all of those pinball promos come off so cheesy. I mean ALL of them. Right across the board. All the way up to the very last one with RFM.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
The table does look amazing. However, why do all of those pinball promos come off so cheesy. I mean ALL of them. Right across the board. All the way up to the very last one with RFM.

Lol I have no idea. I love them though.

These were industry videos that were only meant to be seen by operators. Accordingly, they were low budget affairs. It wasn't just pinball/video games, my father worked for a Busch/Budweiser distributor back then and their promotional videos were very similar in style/corniness.

IIRC the worst one of them all is for Theatre of Magic.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012

Its like a time capsule of early 90's cheesiness. :p
That table looks completely insane, I wouldn't mind trying it out.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Not a bad line-up

Here's mine

Black Rose - Love pirate themed tables
Corvette - According to Bowen at PAPA requires skill. I like this tutorial http://vimeo.com/33941177
Eight Ball Deluxe - Runner up to Centaur for Fan poll and I think most likely to come to TPA
Fathom - Another table in the Fan bally poll that looks pretty cool
Judge Dredd - Cool table
The part Zone = Looks like a fun table though I never got into Dr Dude
Safe Cracker - Intersting
Who Dunnt - Played this at Castles and Coasters here in AZ and it's a interesting table.
World Cup Soccer - Like what I see

Only 9 for me the others look bland to me. There might be interest in Xenon and Medusa but .....Meh

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
From my understanding Party Zone isn't anything like Dr. Dude. It has ties together Dr. Dude, Party Monsters, and a third table (party animals or something?) but captain B-Zarre makes this it's own experience, and gameplay wise it doesn't look anything like Dr. Dude. Plus it's a newer table with many more modes and a wizard mode called the Big Bang. I did enjoy Dr. Dude but this looks way better. I'd like to see a Bowen tutorial on this.

What sold me on the pin is not just the moving/talking head in the middle, but the talking head in the back as well, the colors, the music... it's a really charming, wild pin. It's like anything and everything goes. Also a great sense of humor. I can't wait to play it (PAPA in August I'll get a hands on). Being a DMD seals it for me too, it's my most wanted by far.

Here's a better look at Judge Dredd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w26BHVrC6YQ

Things to note about it: it's a super-pin series wide body. The artwork is based on the comic book, not the film (good thing; comic art is timeless, whereas movie artwork sometimes look dated see Demolition Man, Shadow, Johnny Mnuemonic etc.). This review goes in depth with the gameplay and features.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
I surprised myself with 6 from before 1982 this time. Here's the ugly truth

Corvette
Eight ball deluxe
Evil Knievel
Fathom
Future Spa
Judge Dredd
Mata Hari
Paragon
Safe Cracker
World Cup Soccer

N

netizen

Elektra - First solid-state game with a three-level playfield.
Flash Gordon - Watching Bowens tutorial makes me want to suffer, just like the pros do. LOL :)
Future Spa - It's a Spa. It's from the future, and there's Pinball. What more could anyone want?
Judge Dredd - I Am The Law
Paragon - Fundamental table for players of all skills. Hopefully this will translate well
Party Zone - Ridiculous theme and fun
Safe Cracker - Unique playfield layout and theme
Strange Science - Nostalgia vote for me. It's a fun machine
Who Dun It - Another fairly unique theme
Xenon - This is most definitely needed in TPA. It's another nostalgia vote for sure.

one table that's sorely missing is the 1981 Vector

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
PiN WiZ, a better video explaining Safe Cracker here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJaglZFFq5I

Thanks for the suggestion lettuce, but I opted to update the link to point to the Promo Video instead since it explains the rules and shows the ball in play as well.

Should Space Invaders really be on there? After the 20th Century Fox lawsuit, wouldn't this be harder to get than TAF?

Plus, the game sucks.

If this table does well in the poll and FarSight decides to pursue it, they can either seek approval from Williams to use an alternate backglass without the alien or acquire the license from Fox to use the alien image.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I thought EBD was coming regardless if it was second place for the classic Bally table poll, and Fireball for that matter. :\
My thoughts exactly. I won't be wasting votes on EBD or FB. I assume we are already getting those classics.

The Official Bally poll was to see what the community wanted to see as the first Bally Classic Table. There's no guarantee we'll see either Eight Ball Deluxe or Fireball in the near future, so I would suggest those who would like to see either of these tables vote for them now or they may get pushed back to accommodate other Bally tables the community would like to see sooner rather than later. Remember, while FarSight would like nothing more than to digitize every table in at least the top 300 tables, they also need to make sure that the tables they preserve make them money and taking the opinion of the community into consideration is a strong point for them.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
In that case I suggest this video for Elektra - http://youtu.be/YN6bM0IpCHI

Again, thanks for the suggestion, but I prefer to link to actual gameplay videos so that those who have never seen a certain table can see it in action. The only reason why I opted for the Promo Video of Safe Cracker was simply for the fact that there's really not a good quality gameplay video of the table, not so much for the explanation of the rule set.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
This was much easier to choose 10 from than the Williams poll. But still,got somewhat difficult towards the end.

Anyways,my picks:

1 - Black Rose - looks like a lot of fun
2 - Corvette -
3 - Eight Ball Deluxe - one of the early pins that I remember playing
4 - Fathom - artwork is incredible
5 - Flash Gordon -love the film,and this looks like a real challenge
6 - Indy 500
7 - Judge Dredd - I Am THE LAW
8 - Safecracker - if we are getting Goin' Nuts,then I see no reason why we can't get this...
9 - Party Zone
10 - WHO Dunnit

Elektra came really close to my top 10 - but after taking a 2nd look at Party Zone bumped it out.
If I had to choose a widebody pin,it would be Future Spa,since I have played it and it wasn't too bad.

There are other games that look awesome (Xenon,Embryon,Paragon) but I want a good playing game - art alone just won't cut it. But if any of those tables made it into TPA,I'd be fine with that.

My thoughts on Space Invaders (and any other pin this would apply to) are simple:

If the whole point of TPA is trying to preserve pinball in some form for future generations - then I want that pin to look completely like it did in physical form. I don't want an alternate backglass,or have the artwork changed. That is my stance on the issue. (Though I'd probably waver if I could get The Shadow)

In closing (don't hate) I am not a big soccer fan - so there was no way I was voting for World Cup '94...

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
If the whole point of TPA is trying to preserve pinball in some form for future generations - then I want that pin to look completely like it did in physical form. I don't want an alternate backglass,or have the artwork changed. That is my stance on the issue.

I agree with you 100% on this, but the lawsuit that Fox brought forth regarding the alien image on the backglass of Space Invaders may warrant the removal of said image if FarSight does indeed decide to pursue this table. If that's the only image they had to remove/replace, then I would have no problem with it on this particular table. By the way, I did not vote for Space Invaders.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Mata Hari may look like a simple table, but the gameplay is amazing--judging by the VP version, at least. Not hard to see how that one managed to sell over 16,000 units. : )

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Damn i selected another table instead of Party Zone :O

Help this man correct his mistake! Just kidding... I had the same thing happen last poll. I accidentally didn't register a vote for Banzai Run... and it's a table I really, really want. But it's just one vote, not the end of the world (hopefully... If Banzai loses by 1 vote to make top ten I will go nuts... Literally I will boot up Goin Nuts and force myself to play it over and over as self punishment).

I was almost certain that 8-Ball Deluxe would be Table Pack 17. I can't think of another game that would go with T'eed Off. I mean, Rollercoaster Tycoon would make for two DMD games and I doubt they'd do that. And Tales from the Crypt is most certainly an October release. Hmm.

Of course these tables are still just speculation. A little OT but it's definitely getting exciting, seems like we've always had some idea of what tables were coming, but now we're approaching uncharted waters. I don't know how much longer Pinball Arcade is going to be here, but seeing these huge polls gives me hope for the future, and shows just how many great tables are still out there.

Question for Pin Wiz: are the next polls going to be Sega, Data East, and Stern?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.