PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #4 - Premium Licensed (Closed)

What Are The Top Ten Premium Licensed Tables That You Would Like To See Kickstarted

• Apollo 13 (Sega, 1995)

Votes: 126 25.0%
  • Back to the Future (Data East, 1990)

Votes: 177 35.0%
  • Batman Forever (Sega, 1995)

Votes: 74 14.7%
  • Congo (Williams, 1995)

Votes: 96 19.0%
  • Demolition Man (Williams, 1994)

Votes: 143 28.3%
  • Dirty Harry (Williams, 1995)

Votes: 100 19.8%
  • Doctor Who (Bally, 1992)

Votes: 212 42.0%
  • Elvis (Stern, 2004)

Votes: 101 20.0%
  • Flintstones, The (Williams, 1994)

Votes: 97 19.2%
  • Freddy : A Nightmare on Elm Street (Gottlieb, 1994)

Votes: 120 23.8%
  • Goldeneye (Sega, 1996)

Votes: 76 15.0%
  • Guns ‘N Roses (Data East, 1994)

Votes: 167 33.1%
  • Hook (Data East, 1992)

Votes: 46 9.1%
  • Independence Day (Sega, 1996)

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • Indiana Jones : The Pinball Adventure (Williams, 1993)

Votes: 390 77.2%
  • Johnny Mnemonic (Williams, 1995)

Votes: 103 20.4%
  • Jurassic Park (Data East, 1993)

Votes: 206 40.8%
  • Last Action Hero (Data East, 1993)

Votes: 46 9.1%
  • Lord of the Rings, The (Stern, 2003)

Votes: 317 62.8%
  • Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Sega, 1995)

Votes: 60 11.9%
  • NBA Fastbreak (Bally, 1997)

Votes: 89 17.6%
  • Phantom of the Opera (Data East, 1990)

Votes: 55 10.9%
  • Shadow, The (Bally, 1994)

Votes: 192 38.0%
  • Simpsons Pinball Party, The (Stern, 2003)

Votes: 343 67.9%
  • Star Wars (Data East, 1992)

Votes: 231 45.7%
  • Stargate (Gottlieb, 1995)

Votes: 89 17.6%
  • Starship Troopers (Sega, 1997)

Votes: 62 12.3%
  • Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machines (Stern, 2003)

Votes: 79 15.6%
  • Who’s Tommy Pinball Wizard, The (Data East, 1994)

Votes: 153 30.3%
  • WWF Royal Rumble (Data East, 1994)

Votes: 80 15.8%

• Total voters

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I wonder if we here could come up with what we think are those "low cost licenses" could be. It'd make for some interesting conversation at the least...

Yeah, it's kinda tricky. I'd say that the price of Congo would surprise everyone if they had to clear it with the guys who own the rights to King Kong. Saying that, I'm really surprised that World Cup Soccer didn't need a kickstarter, especially with the tricky bits and bobs with FIFA.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I read the update and figured premium license poll was coming today. Since they just succeeded with funding a popular but not super-popular table, that has to definitely give some major credibility to the fanbase's wallet so I figure this is a case of striking while the iron is hot.

I noticed no tables from Stern's SAM era so hopefully that will be a possibility later on. I'm guessing because it hasn't been verified that it can be emulated with success at this point?

I did vote for GnFnR even though Farsight said that it was probably the one license that will never happen. Still the best Data East table ever made.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Judge Dredd being excluded from the list means the licenses are relatively cheap then? Does this mean I have reason to be hopeful for it?

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
1. The Simpsons Pinball Party
2. Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
3. Lord of the Rings
4. The Shadow
5. Congo
6. Elvis
7. Jurassic Park
8. Dirty Harry
9. NBA Fastbreak
10. Doctor Who

All great games. It's worth mentioning though that a few of the games in this poll are not very good, and rely on their theme to appeal to players. Royal rumble and Freddy for example. (My opinion but people do share it)

The truly great licensed games are the recent sterns: AC/DC, Spider-Man, TRON, Batman, Iron Man, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Family Guy, Metallica, X-Men etc. do we know for sure these games would never be considered?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Batman Forever (Those Ramps)
Freddy : A Nightmare on Elm Street (That Theme)
Independence Day (This Film)
Indiana Jones : The Pinball Adventure (Legendary)
Jurassic Park (Dinosaurs)
Lord of the Rings, The (precious)
Phantom of the Opera (That flow)
Shadow, The (Good table mechanics)
Simpsons Pinball Party, The (Doh!)
Star Wars (timeless)

That was rather difficult. honorary mention to

Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Sega, 1995)
Demolition Man (Williams, 1994)
Congo (Williams, 1995)
Back to the Future (Data East, 1990)
Starship Troopers (Sega, 1997)

As these are also interesting tables.

Im a bit mythed at the absence of, Addams Family, Lost In Space, X-Files (25th anniversary this month), Batman (1989), Tales from the Crypt, The Simpsons (DE), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Robocop.

Will the tables in this poll require a KS to fund or are they just below that tier??...if so im really surprised to see Indiana Jones in there!

Last edited:

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Judge Dredd being excluded from the list means the licenses are relatively cheap then? Does this mean I have reason to be hopeful for it?

It was on the Bally poll list, and as some mentioned this is more toward the comic books than the two movies.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Not in order of most desired, but here is my list. I would like to see every table in the list end up with a kickstarter over time though. All are worthy of the Pinball Arcade.

Apollo 13
Batman Forever
Dr. Who
Indiana Jones
Jurassic Park
Terminator 3
Lord Of The Rings
Star Wars
Stargate
Simpsons

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Yeah, just going with five with this one:

Doctor Who
The Shadow
Congo (Nice old school looking table)
Tommy (It's freakin TOMMY!)
and Apollo 13 (Sadly, the 13 multiball is the reason)

Ones outside this list:
Twister
Captain Fantastic (Another Tommy themed table) [Would it need a KS with Elton John's likeness?]

Last edited:

p6800

May 17, 2013
PiN WiZ, how could "tier 2" licensed tables be brought up or put in poll? I'm interested in Rollergames and Gilligan's Island. I don't think a kickstarter or much $ would be needed for the licenses, but someone needs to make a list of similar "non big licenses" and see what people would like. Right?

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Apollo 13 - 13 Ball multiball anyone?
Elvis - Great fun in real life, interesting theme
Guns n Roses - After watching "History of Pinball" think it deserves a place as a historic milestone
Indiana Jones - Ranked really high on Pinside/IPDB, must be good?
LOTR - Loved the films, ranked highly as well, easy choice
The Shadow - Bit of a wildcard, but only ever heard good things and like the look of it
Simpsons Pinball Party - love the show and it looks awesome
Star Wars - It's Star Wars, and Data East tables have a great unique feel
T3 - Would look great alonside T2
WWF - Another wildcard, but loved that period of WWF and imagine the pin to be good after watching vids

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
If TPA can get a property like the SIMPSONs LOTR or even Indiana Jones, that would put them shoulder to shoulder with Zen and their Starwars tables. ;)

N

netizen

Congo - It looks like it has some different types of play with the weird playfield insert element.
Doctor Who - I am a masochist. Lightning Flippers, select scoring modes that punish as much as they reward. A finicky playfield. Sure, sounds like a blast.
The Flintstones - We need some light hearted themes, and seeing a sRocky and Bullwinkle wasn't a choice ...
Hook - Crow, Flight, and Fly ... Bangarang!
Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure. 'nuff said.
Lord of the Rings - I think the theme was implemented poorly, but the rules and the layout are done well. It's a tough call on what not to like about how this game plays. How it looks is a totally different matter :p
NBA Fast Break - pinball modelled after basketball. It's a fun, fast game.
The Shadow - I'm interested to see how the controls will be implemented.
The Simpsons Pool Party - ♪The Simpsons♫
Stargate - I spent so much money on this machine in the 90s.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
If TPA can get a property like the SIMPSONs LOTR or even Indiana Jones, that would put them shoulder to shoulder with Zen and their Starwars tables. ;)

The first Star Wars table was the best and that's not saying much in my opinion. No telling if Zen has a clause in their contract that would preclude another company from releasing anything pinball with a Star Wars theme but it is definite that Zen can't release digital remakes of the table without going to Farsight and Stern. Plus if they can get Indy, that is the Lucasfilm segment of Disney so that would be the most impactful table.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Indiana Jones is my second favourite pinball of all time. Or better said, it's a hard pick for me between Twilight Zone and this machine for the number 1 spot.
Jurassic Park used to be one of my favourites too. Not in the leagues of TZ and IJ though.
I can remember playing Last Action Hero, so that's my third pick.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.