PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series : #4 - Premium Licensed (Closed)

What Are The Top Ten Premium Licensed Tables That You Would Like To See Kickstarted

• Apollo 13 (Sega, 1995)

Votes: 126 25.0%
  • Back to the Future (Data East, 1990)

Votes: 177 35.0%
  • Batman Forever (Sega, 1995)

Votes: 74 14.7%
  • Congo (Williams, 1995)

Votes: 96 19.0%
  • Demolition Man (Williams, 1994)

Votes: 143 28.3%
  • Dirty Harry (Williams, 1995)

Votes: 100 19.8%
  • Doctor Who (Bally, 1992)

Votes: 212 42.0%
  • Elvis (Stern, 2004)

Votes: 101 20.0%
  • Flintstones, The (Williams, 1994)

Votes: 97 19.2%
  • Freddy : A Nightmare on Elm Street (Gottlieb, 1994)

Votes: 120 23.8%
  • Goldeneye (Sega, 1996)

Votes: 76 15.0%
  • Guns ‘N Roses (Data East, 1994)

Votes: 167 33.1%
  • Hook (Data East, 1992)

Votes: 46 9.1%
  • Independence Day (Sega, 1996)

Votes: 31 6.1%
  • Indiana Jones : The Pinball Adventure (Williams, 1993)

Votes: 390 77.2%
  • Johnny Mnemonic (Williams, 1995)

Votes: 103 20.4%
  • Jurassic Park (Data East, 1993)

Votes: 206 40.8%
  • Last Action Hero (Data East, 1993)

Votes: 46 9.1%
  • Lord of the Rings, The (Stern, 2003)

Votes: 317 62.8%
  • Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Sega, 1995)

Votes: 60 11.9%
  • NBA Fastbreak (Bally, 1997)

Votes: 89 17.6%
  • Phantom of the Opera (Data East, 1990)

Votes: 55 10.9%
  • Shadow, The (Bally, 1994)

Votes: 192 38.0%
  • Simpsons Pinball Party, The (Stern, 2003)

Votes: 343 67.9%
  • Star Wars (Data East, 1992)

Votes: 231 45.7%
  • Stargate (Gottlieb, 1995)

Votes: 89 17.6%
  • Starship Troopers (Sega, 1997)

Votes: 62 12.3%
  • Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machines (Stern, 2003)

Votes: 79 15.6%
  • Who’s Tommy Pinball Wizard, The (Data East, 1994)

Votes: 153 30.3%
  • WWF Royal Rumble (Data East, 1994)

Votes: 80 15.8%

• Total voters
N

netizen

The movie's awful but the pinball table is awesome! I wish you guys would take some time to watch video of gameplay. Many people don't realize what a gem of a table this is. Here's an alternative gameplay video:

That's the one I watched that made helped me make up my mind about Congo.

it edged out some of the DE/Sega Titles that, IMO, relied on the License name more than the table design.

Mycekralid

Jul 21, 2013
Congo
Freddy : A Nightmare on Elm Street
Indiana Jones : The Pinball Adventure
Jurassic Park
Last Action Hero
Lord of the Rings, The
Simpsons Pinball Party, The
Star Wars
Stargate
Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machines

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The movie's awful but the pinball table is awesome! I wish you guys would take some time to watch video of gameplay. Many people don't realize what a gem of a table this is. Here's an alternative gameplay video:

I must absolutely concur with this!!! Congo is atrocious and worthy of a bad movie night selection. However the table is really good. I must say this is even more the case with Johnny Mnemonic!!! If you have not voted, please do consider that one (and Congo). I'd also say that Addams Family (despite not being on the poll) is a pretty wretched movie with a great table! Plus the Flintstones is blech but those two do not need support like Congo and Johnny Mnemonic.

Last Action Hero is one of the better DE tables ever made. I'd put it in the top 5 for the entire DE/Sega era. I personally like the movie and I know it isn't as unversally hated but it is good movie, very good table. Surprised Lethal Weapon 3 didn't make the cut though.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I remember when I was looking to buy my first pin about seven years ago you could get a decent Johnny Mnemonic for around a grand. Now it's almost impossible to find one for under 2k. It's a great fast player with a cool wizard mode called Power Down where parts of the playfield lighting slowly shut down while you're trying to keep the machine "working." I think the low production run of under three thousand has helped bring its desirability up too.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I remember when I was looking to buy my first pin about seven years ago you could get a decent Johnny Mnemonic for around a grand. Now it's almost impossible to find one for under 2k. It's a great fast player with a cool wizard mode called Power Down where parts of the playfield lighting slowly shut down while you're trying to keep the machine "working." I think the low production run of under three thousand has helped bring its desirability up too.

I think Johnny Mnemonic is one table, if given the TPA treatment, would likely skyrocket in price. It was saddled with a horrible license that did pave the way for some really good pinball modes and theming. Seems so often to be the case. Once people play it, they will realize just what they missed out on! I also forgot to mention Demolition Man in this category of awful movies/great tables. Not anywhere at the level of Johny Moronic but it is a really solid player as well. Just don't look at the distracting backglass if you are ever at an arcade that has one.

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
Indiana Jones is tops for me too. It would have been nice though if the pinball game based on the 24 series was listed as an option. I never played it, but it is a Steve Ritchie creation and looks fun in this video.

It would get exposure too if it came out the same time the series is relaunched next year.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Read the first post.

With the Terminator 2 : Judgment Day Kickstarter campaign being officially funded later this evening and heading to The Pinball Arcade soon, we've decided to celebrate by bumping up the Premium Licensed Table Poll to give the pinball community the chance to vote on the Top Ten Premium Licensed Tables that they would like to see Kickstarted in addition to The Addams Family, which FarSight is currently aggressively pursuing.

Ah right ok didnt see that. To be honest i think out of all these table the only one that would have a hope in hell of hitting their respective KS targets would be....

Simpsons Pinball Party
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars

All the other ones wouldnt carry enough interest i would have thought??

Last edited:

WFurman

Apr 21, 2013
Despite that Data East wanted to capitalize on the Broadway production's success, what's the reason that The Phantom of the Opera is on this list, as it is not based on the eponymous Andrew Lloyd Webber musical (although the game is based on the novel of the same name)?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
That's the one I watched that made helped me make up my mind about Congo.

it edged out some of the DE/Sega Titles that, IMO, relied on the License name more than the table design.

Congo is the featured machine in the latest "The Pinball Podcast" Episode 20 released on June 20. It was great listening to them talk about the in's and out's of Congo. They theorized that the price of Congo tables is going to be going up as it is starting to gain in popularity. It's a great podcast too!
http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/2013/06/18/episode-20-fs-rare-maverick/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=episode-20-fs-rare-maverick

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Ah right ok didnt see that. To be honest i think out of all these table the only one that would have a hope in hell of hitting their respective KS targets would be....

Simpsons Pinball Party
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars

All the other ones wouldnt carry enough interest i would have thought??

I wouldn't worry too much about this, as far as I can tell, these are just a nice way of working out how much interest people have in certain tables. I don't think it's about which one 'wins' more about which ones finish last and aren't worth pursuing.

For example, they've hinted in the past that Elvis could be a possibility, but if it places REALLY badly (which it will in a poll like this) then they'll just put it to one side and admit that it's never coming to TPA.

Plus, with some fresh data about which tables people want the most, they'll be able to come up with plausible stretch goals for tables already in a kickstarter.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Some are no brainers like Simpsons or Lord of the rings. Excellent tables with super popular licenses.
Then there is that odd category for me, like Dirty Harry and Congo. Two great pins with top notch game play. But they have licenses that I just think wouldn't generate enough buzz to successfully fund a kickstarter.
I'm gonna vote for the 10 pins I would most want even if I think it wouldn't be a successful kickstarter.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Despite that Data East wanted to capitalize on the Broadway production's success, what's the reason that The Phantom of the Opera is on this list, as it is not based on the eponymous Andrew Lloyd Webber musical (although the game is based on the novel of the same name)?

I was actually wondering the exact same thing. I just checked Phantom of the Opera's (the novel's) copyright status on Public Domain Sherpa and it returned a result of "in the public domain," so I'm not sure why Phantom of the Opera would be in the Premium Licensed poll instead of the DE/Sega/Stern poll. Is there something we're missing here?

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Why no love for Apollo 13. 13 ball multiball. What could be more fun than that?

I used to spend nights with my mates playing this table.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
For one, it's really hard to actually get Jackpots during it...

I suppose how many games you played of it. We had 3 tables at my local, and after a while we knew the guy who would change the table, and we refused letting him take this away cause we all got so damn good at it. Probably played a session on it twice a week for a year.

While you have more than 4 balls in play during multiball, it's just about trying to keep as many in play as possible and hope you can score well, but once down to 4 there are plenty of options to throw balls to so you aren't dealing with too many at once.

Anyway forgot to put how I voted in
1. Apollo 13 (Sega, 1995)
2. Batman Forever (Sega, 1995)
3. Elvis (Stern, 2004)
4. Guns ‘N Roses (Data East, 1994)
5. Johnny Mnemonic (Williams, 1995)
6. Last Action Hero (Data East, 1993)
7. Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Sega, 1995)
8. NBA Fastbreak (Bally, 1997)
9. Simpsons Pinball Party, The (Stern, 2003)
10. WWF Royal Rumble (Data East, 1994)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts