PC tournament starting on June 29

karl

May 10, 2012
Don't have them.

I did not check the scores the last 12 hours so I could be way off. But I can try to recall some of what went on in the gold tournament.

From what I can remember I was pretty pleased with getting ca 4.5 Billion on Teed off (without the score doubler). Last time I checked, that score got me first or second

The other scores is more hazy. I think I got ca 2 million on Haunted House (I think there was 2 other scores around 3 million)

On Twilight Zone I got ca 1.9 Billion. Last time I checked, the leader had ca 2.3 Billion, I believe.

On Ripley, I can't remember what the top score was but I had ca 120-130 million

It gets even hazier from there. I think I got ca 190 mill on Cactus Canyon.(or was that Ripleys?) No clue about the winning score, but I think it was a bit higher than that

On Space Shuttle I think I got ca 6 Mill and I think the high score when I checked was ca 8 or 9 mill.

Victory and Class of 1812 is just a big blur. This is just a guess, but I seem to recall that the leader on Victory was ca 60 or 70 mill and 1812 was more like 80 or 90 mill. I could be way off on those last two. I think I got somewhere around 50 mill on both of them.

Sorry that I could not be of more help! Since I got 2nd in total it should give you some clue. The winner had ca 80 points more than me, so it was never any doubt about the 1st place. I see that he is a few places behind me in the total standings on mobile (I think I am ca nr 32) so probably no cheaters in the gold tournament.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Don't have them.

I did not check the scores the last 12 hours so I could be way off. But I can try to recall some of what went on in the gold tournament.

From what I can remember I was pretty pleased with getting ca 4.5 Billion on Teed off (without the score doubler). Last time I checked, that score got me first or second

The other scores is more hazy. I think I got ca 2 million on Haunted House (I think there was 2 other scores around 3 million)

On Twilight Zone I got ca 1.9 Billion. Last time I checked, the leader had ca 2.3 Billion, I believe.

On Ripley, I can't remember what the top score was but I had ca 120-130 million

It gets even hazier from there. I think I got ca 190 mill on Cactus Canyon.(or was that Ripleys?) No clue about the winning score, but I think it was a bit higher than that

On Space Shuttle I think I got ca 6 Mill and I think the high score when I checked was ca 8 or 9 mill.

Victory and Class of 1812 is just a big blur. This is just a guess, but I seem to recall that the leader on Victory was ca 60 or 70 mill and 1812 was more like 80 or 90 mill. I could be way off on those last two. I think I got somewhere around 50 mill on both of them.

Sorry that I could not be of more help! Since I got 2nd in total it should give you some clue. The winner had ca 80 points more than me, so it was never any doubt about the 1st place. I see that he is a few places behind me in the total standings on mobile (I think I am ca nr 32) so probably no cheaters in the gold tournament.

I know some scores...

Cactus Canyon = 272 million
Class of 1812 = 82 million
Space Shuttle = 9 million

I got 5th place.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Good job Karl. I was kinda following the fight for 2:nd, you made a great finish to overtake it.

Top 3 Gold (for complete Gold list just check the top 21 in all time rank):
1. switch3flip (775.00)
2. karl (695.00)
3. wolfstrike (692.00)

Pretty sure these where final top scores with 1 uncertain:
Space Shuttle: 9,435,110
RBIoN: 153,204,870
HH: 3,029,810
Co1812: 82,145,670
Cactus C: 273,187,730
TZ: 2,487,694,990
Victory: 64,248,110

Tee'd off changed after my screenshot but like karl said his no:1 score was about 4.5b.

HH score was probably rollover bug, unless I got a huge bonus on last ball. Actual HS was 2.7m which I got the game right before the fake 3m score.

I also got the rollover bug on Co1812 so actual score was higher.

Also one of these top scores is probably incorrect My final total points were 775, and I was in 3:rd on Tee'd off but no1 on the rest, which would have made a total of 785 points, so one of the scores was beaten and made my toatal points 10p. less but I didn't check scores last day.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Pretty nice that allot of the top score people are here on TPAfans, congratz to you all :)

Makes me wonder if all the others in the top there are not anglicized; who is Dizzer e.g.?

For myself, most of the tables in TPA I hardly play, like Haunted House I've held off, and Tee'd off because of the clicking sound in the 'snare drum' sample.
Finished 60th place which is alright, I've already stated I don't like grinding so I didn't play as much as I maybe aught to have, especially on tables I've just learned.
Maybe should have pushed a bit more on Space Shuttle.... Guess I need to up my concentration and boredom stamina :cool:

Hope Farsight implement harder checks if there indeed was cheaters.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Hope Farsight implement harder checks if there indeed was cheaters.

I am really curious if there is actual doubt among anyone here that Montana_Frank is a cheater. We know that Farsight deleted his score on Xenon of 78,654,430. His RS score of 374B is evidence of hackery. So what is the logic required to think a score of 24M on HH is legit?

What do you folks think: Should Montana_Frank's past activity disqualify him from tournaments? I think it should. (A check for that shouldn't be difficult, if Farsight maintains a list of known cheaters.)

(I didn't mention PAFSUX here because he has no past activity. Literally... no high scores on any machines at all.)

karl

May 10, 2012
Big congrats, switch3flip. You brought the house down in gold. Impressive scores!

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
You had a 2.0M also.

Yeah when I say I played through I mean full 20 minute games. I had a couple early on that ended around the 10 minute mark before I remembered the table again.

e: Also there's no line of reasoning that will get you 24M in 20 minutes on haunted house. There are no massive scoring opportunities on that table. It's all mainly just keeping balls alive and pegging on doubled stuff when possible.

The real problem is the dude in the tournament probably isn't even the real montana_frank. We already know idiots have been making hacked scores in the normal leaderboards under antonr and invitro and a few others I forget that were not the actual players that normally put up scores under that name. Banning the name would ban the actual players as well, and that just seems stupid. FS needs to handle this by not allowing people to input fake scores under fake names. They already have a login system to verify who you are when playing in game so it shouldn't be a massive task to actually verify that the scores are coming from that actual account.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
The real problem is the dude in the tournament probably isn't even the real montana_frank.
We know this for sure. The real one posted about the Xenon score somewhere (the Xenon forum?), and about this HH score in the tourney rules poll thread (I think).

"Banning the name would ban the actual players as well, and that just seems stupid."

In this particular case, the real person has username 'MontanaFrank', so banning 'Montana_Frank' would cause only goodness and joy :).

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
We know this for sure. The real one posted about the Xenon score somewhere (the Xenon forum?), and about this HH score in the tourney rules poll thread (I think).

"Banning the name would ban the actual players as well, and that just seems stupid."

In this particular case, the real person has username 'MontanaFrank', so banning 'Montana_Frank' would cause only goodness and joy :).

Oh I didn't know there was a difference. That makes sense then yeah. I doubt it would stop them from doing it but at least it wouldn't get confused with a real player then.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Big congrats, switch3flip. You brought the house down in gold. Impressive scores!

Thanks karl, it was a nice chill tourney. I doubt it will be as chill next month with more players joining, but at least we got a head start with extra tourney points :)

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Tarek has at least one other score in the top 500. Montana_Frank doesn't.

Discussed in this (wrong) thread: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10316-The-big-six-oh!

Yes, I've been spoofed again. My true high score is around 357,000,000. I have nothing to do with people, as most of you know. I am not that computer savvy to hijack a leaderboard. Sorry everyone.

Edit: Thanks all of you for pointing that out. I just look at my friends leaderboard and that has my right score. I have no chance in achieving that hi of score. Look at my ToTM standings. I have only won two matches.:D

invitro

May 4, 2012
By that logic shouldn't we consider all scores of members using a variation on Pinwizard as their nickname suspicious? Because their name also looks similar as another member's name...
Which username are you talking about? Is it Montana_Frank? Do you really think that name and its variations are chosen as often as Pinwizard and its variations?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.