PC Tourney 2015-10-23: MSF, BSD, TAF, HH, SS, EatPM, TZ, MB

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Does anyone know if Dizzer is streaming or posting vids? I would love some idea of how to play HH and he crushes that table. I hope he (or anyone! Tarek?) can show how to shoot 5M+. I really don't get that table... Someone please show me! :) after the tourney is fine if you don't want to post during the competition.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I don't know if it helps, but I think the best thing is to just stay in the cellar as much as possible. It's not even worth going for the attic for double scoring in cellar because you waste time going for it, time that could have been spent in the cellar. When you fall out of cellar, shoot the ball back to cellar, using the dead pass over to upper right flipper. When ball is out bouncing around on main playfield, just shoot for the cellar hole. I think it's fun in the attic though, so I shoot for it if I get a chance. I played one game that was pretty poor and scored almost 3m. I actually did record a quick demo game earlier for a friend just to show a basic way to play it. Most importantly showing the critical shot back to cellar. Maybe you already know it. Well maybe someone else will make use of it, and of course the strategy will also be very important in the totm.

http://www.twitch.tv/switch3tv/v/22909462

Don't forget, don't tilt, as most points are awarded as bonus.

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Does anyone know if Dizzer is streaming or posting vids? I would love some idea of how to play HH and he crushes that table. I hope he (or anyone! Tarek?) can show how to shoot 5M+. I really don't get that table... Someone please show me! :) after the tourney is fine if you don't want to post during the competition.

Yes, 5M is a very good score. I don't like this table really and haven't played much until now. All I can say is that the time limit is the main problem. Best strategy seems to play as fast as possible for the cellar as switch3flip described and build up a huge bonus. Don't waste time to play for EB, you will get it with a long ball always. Very important: Finish the game! I've lost my rollover score two times.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well, I've not disgraced myself, but I'm done. I finally remembered what I was doing on TZ to post a representative score and I even got >1M on HH. Not been feelin' it the past week, and I'm out all weekend. Maybe Monday?

Blah

Aug 28, 2015
Dear Tarek & switch

May I say your advice has paid big dividends here(especially the video switch). 2 games in, and my best score was up!!

The bounce from an IOS perpective is a bit different IMO, but helpful nonetheless

Thanks again

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Dear Tarek & switch

May I say your advice has paid big dividends here(especially the video switch). 2 games in, and my best score was up!!

The bounce from an IOS perpective is a bit different IMO, but helpful nonetheless

Thanks again

No problem. :) I play PC only. When I take a look at the present tournament scores I believe there are big differences in the platforms. For example many PSN top players have very high TZ scores compared to PC and very low BSD scores, all under 10B. It make sense to separate the platforms for tournament. Maybe for the leaderboard too...

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I like how they extended the tournament until tomorrow. I played a whole lot yesterday because I thought it would end this monday.

Got a really good score on TZ yesterday. Made to Lost in the Zone, but timed out right in the last ball.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I like how they extended the tournament until tomorrow. I played a whole lot yesterday because I thought it would end this monday.

Got a really good score on TZ yesterday. Made to Lost in the Zone, but timed out right in the last ball.

? What's your source for this information? If so, Farsight should adjust the clock:

clock.jpg

invitro

May 4, 2012
I just had a big TZ.

Fuew0Ek.jpg

I had a 422M Powerball Mania counting LitZ contributions,

W4CMd3f.jpg

collected in LitZ with a 923M total,

yTtnPMD.jpg

got another PM for about 350M, giving a nice bonus of 560M,

cAfDAEJ.jpg

and had a good regular multiball with about six jackpots early. There is still room for improvement (though not by me)... I collected five Camera awards but none was Collect Bonus, I could've gotten more jackpots in multiball, I didn't get any doubled jackpots. But I couldn't miss during PM, and rarely missed hitting the Piano (I'm usually about 30% on it) and Slot Machine, and only lost the one ball near the end to take the bonus.

I'm excited, this is #1 across all platforms & tiers, with Voof #2 with 2631M (PSN Gold), Stevomejevo #3 with 2494M (PSN Gold) and Tarek #4 with 2482M. I'm expecting a couple of those guys to beat me, but that's fine, and maybe this'll finish #2 in PC Gold... it's my only chance of having a top 2 score this month. :)

I wish I had a video of it, maybe I'll be able to make videos next month!

invitro

May 4, 2012
I've played TAF, HH, Frank, MB, SS, and TZ five or more times each and don't think I can do any better. Even though I feel like I've not been able to do any damage on TAF (706M) and SS (100M) and have played those two at least ten times, and I finally got 2M on HH last night after about ten times on it. It feels like it's been a rough tourney for me other than this TZ game, but it sort of seems like people are playing really well this month, maybe the tables are more interesting. I can see how to improve on those TAF and SS scores but I'm still impressed that nine people have gotten over 100M on SS in PC Gold. Maybe I'm not playing those two correctly but I've tried a few different ways on them. Strategy is a big weakness of mine.

I've played BSD and EatPM only once each. My BSD is #6 and my EatPM #5 in PC Gold and I've had lower ranks on tables I felt I could improve on more easily since the start of the tourney. I don't feel that I can improve much on either... I thought I was close to my max on EatPM, and I feel like I'm very weak on BSD... I can't hit the jackpot hole well. But I'll certainly give BSD another go about 6pm. Maybe MB too but I think I maxed it last game, and I feel strong on that one. And I really want to try again on TAF/SS/HH because I just know I can break through but I also know it's probably hopeless.

I've had a great time on this month's tourney, just the right amount of frustration and excitement. I sure hope next month doesn't return to the four-Gottlieb format. But I guess it's about time for CBW and Co1812 to return, and where are BH and Genie? :(

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
10 hours to go, per the website. Okay! Maybe I will give it a run tonight and see if I can improve a bit. Don't see myself beating that TZ score, mind.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
but I'm still impressed that nine people have gotten over 100M on SS in PC Gold.

Is there still the Crate Multiball glitch on PC?

On PS3 (and maybe PS4, don't know), if the two balls enter in the Crate at the same time (almost simultaneously), there's a random chance that the two balls get stuck, and you earn multiple jackpots instead of only two.

After a certain amount of time (and jackpots), one ball is resetted to the plunger (and sometimes, the camera gets stuck in the Plunger view, until you lose one ball).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.