PC Tourney 2015-10-23: MSF, BSD, TAF, HH, SS, EatPM, TZ, MB

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Is there still the Crate Multiball glitch on PC?

On PS3 (and maybe PS4, don't know), if the two balls enter in the Crate at the same time (almost simultaneously), there's a random chance that the two balls get stuck, and you earn multiple jackpots instead of only two.

After a certain amount of time (and jackpots), one ball is resetted to the plunger (and sometimes, the camera gets stuck in the Plunger view, until you lose one ball).

I think one or two good scare stiff wizard modes easily gets you 100m+ so I don't think the glitch has been used.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is there still the Crate Multiball glitch on PC?

On PS3 (and maybe PS4, don't know), if the two balls enter in the Crate at the same time (almost simultaneously), there's a random chance that the two balls get stuck, and you earn multiple jackpots instead of only two.

After a certain amount of time (and jackpots), one ball is resetted to the plunger (and sometimes, the camera gets stuck in the Plunger view, until you lose one ball).

Yes, it happens, but it's entirely unnecessary for getting 100M+. Really the key is to start Monster Multiball quickly and keep it going forever. Anything else scores too slowly (except the Crate Glitch, of course).

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Yes, it happens, but it's entirely unnecessary for getting 100M+. Really the key is to start Monster Multiball quickly and keep it going forever. Anything else scores too slowly (except the Crate Glitch, of course).

Yes, thats's the key. I've got my 365M score with a very good 12 minutes Monster Multiball.

Last edited:

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
If I was on PC I'd compete with you all on TZ, but it's been a long weekend and I'm happy with 1st on PSN. 3b is what I aimed for.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'm not very good in using the Yellow Award. I've found a new strategy and think as Voof the 3B+ is possible. If interested ask me for details, of course after the tournament. :eek:

I would like to have details after the tournament :).

Here are some other strategy comments/questions for anyone, for after the tourney. On TAF, I'm just playing normally, except avoiding all multiballs to save time. I suppose getting Bonus X to 5X and then draining ASAP becomes the thing to do somewhat late? I don't think I have gotten my bonus high enough to go for 5X & drain as a primary strategy. I'm having trouble with accuracy on about all shots on TAF: the right ramp, the center/small ramp, the left/side ramp, the Chair from the ramp return. I can hit the Chair from a caught L flipper ball and that's it. It's depressing but I have a lot of trouble with the TPA version of TAF although I'm good on the real thing.

HH: I seem to get 100k per minute almost no matter what I do, for the 2M which is my current score. My accuracy on hitting the hole to the Cellar is probably less than it should be, and I drain from the Cellar much more often than I should. The only thing that seems to improve my scoring is Double Bonus / Double Scoring for the Cellar. I'm going to try to get 1-2-3-4-5 in my next game. I know the general strategy is Cellar and nothing else, but I'm curious if this is really literally true for the top players in the tourney.

MB: I suppose scores much better than my 1.5B are due to a very long Monsters of Rock. I think I've played MB well but I don't have MoR much longer than around the 8-10X jackpot, which matches what I do in my non-tourney games, so I won't try that any more.

Apparently the tourney just ended, oh I know why I'm confused, I was expecting 7pm, but the USA daylight savings time change made it 8pm. Ah well. Nice tourney, everyone :).

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Invitro, are you playing HH on dx11? I found it's much easier to hit the cellar and to keep the ball in the cellar on DX9.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
HH rolled on me, so did CftBL. As far as TZ I can maneuver the dead end shot 6-9 times a minute. 50mx6 =300m, do it 10 minutes and you have 3b. Obviously you have to be on the mark consistently, but I've left time to spare in my estimation. I just didn't need to pull it off this tourney... Competition is getting there though on PSN, I can't sandbag as much anymore! I was really sick this week too, didn't help my scores.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I would like to have details after the tournament :).

In TZ 20 minutes are enough to reach LITZ two times. I think three times are possible without playing for any other features. I've played about 10 games this way. The score is always +-2B. So I've decided to change my strategy and go for one good LITZ only, boosted with a PB Mania before like you. During the gameplay try to maximize the Townsquare Bonus to 25M, best when the Camera awards the hold for the value. There's a railroad shot with a running ball ejected from the Slot Machine in the Dead Zone. This shot needs short time and score well. Do it 40 times for 1B. I would never go for the Fast Lock MB award in regular games, in the tournament it's a good feature for additional points with a 15M+ value, the Dead Zone shot is active in this MB too. Playing the Fast Lock MB with shots to the Lock and the Dead Zone is the key for big scores.

For TAF my strategy is equal to TZ. Ignore the Mansion Rooms and shoot the bumpers with the lane right from the Bookcase. The only helpfull Mansion Room is the Graveyard at Max. Once the Graveyard has reached 4M hold it with two trains and now play the combo Thing - Left Million Plus Ramp - Graveyard only. With a 10 Million Plus value this combo scores 30M+. I think 1.5B is possible playing this way. I've missed a lot of combo shots in my best game...

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
In TZ 20 minutes are enough to reach LITZ two times. I think three times are possible without playing for any other features. I've played about 10 games this way. The score is always +-2B. So I've decided to change my strategy and go for one good LITZ only, boosted with a PB Mania before like you.

I came to the same conclusions in the one tournament I played. 2x LITZ is possible but doesn't score fast enough. Although note that boosting LITZ with PB Mania doesn't matter. If you play PB Mania, you get the same points either way if you collect it at the end of LITZ or by draining. The one way to abuse PB Mania is to get a Camera Collect Bonus, which I got for 400M in my top game in that tournament (2.668B.)

"Dead Zone" is Dead End in English, by the way. :)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I'm having trouble with accuracy on about all shots on TAF: the right ramp, the center/small ramp, the left/side ramp, the Chair from the ramp return. I can hit the Chair from a caught L flipper ball and that's it. It's depressing but I have a lot of trouble with the TPA version of TAF although I'm good on the real thing.

Same here (except I can almost shoot reliably the center ramp on the fly when the ball comes from the left inlane). All other shots are very random.

It makes TAF a meh table for me (+ the Power way too strong).

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
TAF I found going for mansion and doing 4x combo with graveyard bonus at the end worked out well for me.

Blah

Aug 28, 2015
And still no IOS tourney yet....sigh

But it gives me some time to try to figure out Frankenstein:D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.