Bug PC Version 1.20.4 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexb

Nov 5, 2013
sorry meant to say i have full settings on post processing, aa x 16, high ball reflection etc..

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Is it possible that you may have disabled vsync in either the game settings or with your video card settings for this game? Use FRAPS, which is free, to monitor the fps to make sure the game is synced to your monitor's refresh rate. Seems to be a likely candidate to me.

alexb

Nov 5, 2013
I will check that when i get home after work thanks , i may have changed that in another game

invitro

May 4, 2012
General - Ball disappears in multiball in longish games

Title Bug: General - Ball disappears in multiball in longish games
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Ram: 6GB
Version #: 1.20.4 (but happened a couple of times on XBox version)
Display Mode: Fullscreen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: not sure; maybe 20% of the time on longish games

Expected Result: Ball does not disappear; or if ball disappears, then Call Attendant works
Actual Result: Ball disappears, Call Attendant doesn't work ("Ball Not Stuck" message), resulting in game not being able to continue

Comment: I am now in a RBioN game with around 180M and 3 or 4 EBs on ball 2 (nothing special but it is my best game yet). During a multiball, a ball apparently disappeared; when I was down to one ball, the game thought multiball was still going on, and when I lost it, the game did not continue for the next ball, but instead went into ball search after about 20 seconds. The ball cannot be found by ball search; it has looked for about 15 minutes now. Call Attendant does not work; it reports "Ball Not Stuck". I have nudged in all directions several times.

This is at least the fourth time this has happened to me on the PC release. It happened last night, again on RBioN. I tilted during the ball search in that game, and let the game do its searching for an hour or two to no avail. It happened on 11/30 on Monster Bash, during a multiball (Monster Bash or Monsters of Rock I think) when I had 186M (a small score that time). It happened on 11/28 on Scared Stiff in Monster Multiball (the multiball after getting Scared Stiff) when I had 98M and 2 EBs on the first ball.

I am getting seriously frustrated. It seems that if I have a decent start to a game, there is a 50% chance that a ball will disappear and force the end of that game. I hope you will agree that this is a major, game-destroying bug... or help me out with something I may be doing wrong. I am a little paranoid because while I have seen many bugs (mostly minor) in the game, I have seen a mention of most of them somewhere on this forum. But I have seen no other mention of this disappearing-ball bug.

Why does the game not know that a ball reset is necessary when the game has been in tilt for 10 minutes or longer? It seems like this would be a very easy thing to test for and fix. This is part of what makes this so frustrating.

I play this game a lot. Steam says I have 243 hours on it so far, which is much much more than the 26 friends from this forum that I have added (the next most is 112 hours). I have several longish games, in the 2-to-3-hour range, ranking in the top 300. I note these things because of the possibility that this bug only happens on longish games, and at a low frequency, possibly explaining why no one else here has reported it.

I would like to try to record this on a video, if you think it's worthwhile, and if someone can tell me how to do that :).

I am really enjoying the game, and apparently playing it more than about anyone :), but am clenching my fists and teeth in anger and despair right now. It seems that if I have a decent game, there is a 50% chance that I will have to quit it due to bad programming. Can anyone please give me some advice, like if this is a real bug, or if I am doing something wrong? I hope I described things decently, and will be happy to provide more information if I can and if needed.

I suppose I'll go back to my RBioN game and tilt and let that sit for about 15 minutes before quitting my game and starting another one... :(

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
*stuff about the disappearing balls*

I think the reason it hasn't been talked about much here is because a lot of the players played other platforms and just kind of resigned to certain things happening occasionally. They've fixed a decent amount of the problem areas where balls vanished from the geometry, but there are still some left here and there. It really sucks when it happens, but I don't think they can really implement a catchall fix to it currently, sadly. Good report anyway just wanted to clarify.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
but I don't think they can really implement a catchall fix to it currently, sadly. Good report anyway just wanted to clarify.

The attendant could be more helpful. The ROM based ball search routine that is running could be checked. At the moment the game simply assumes that I'm trying some sort of exploit.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The attendant could be more helpful. The ROM based ball search routine that is running could be checked. At the moment the game simply assumes that I'm trying some sort of exploit.
See here for an explanation from one of the FarSight team about how improving the Call Attendant feature can be harder than it might first appear.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
BUG: on AFM after entering initials for Martian Champ big purple interface panel with square red button did not dissapear and i could not call menu with start button (or any other button on gamepad or keyboard) so only option to exit was via calling task manager and killing game process.

KBJAXMAN

Dec 3, 2013
Title Bug: General - El Dorado and Cue Ball Wizard. Leaderboards behave inconsistently and scores on these two tables don't upload into the farsight leaderboards.
OS Version: Windows 7 64bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660
Ram: 16GB
Version #: 1.20.4
Display Mode: Windowed

Frequency of Occurrence: Constant as far as I can tell

Expected Result: Checking leaderboards from within the game to show correct results. Scores visible on Farsight website leaderboards.
Actual Result: Checking leaderboards from within the game shows no results at all or occasionally results of other tables instead. Personal scores are not on Farsight website leaderboards.

Comment: Going straight to CBW or El Dorado leaderboards within the game shows no scores for anyone in any category. Going to some other leaderboard and scrolling left or right to the leaderboards of the two tables shows scores for some other tables instead. No scores I've made on either table is visible on the Farsight website leaderboards, or any place at all besides the local high score table in game.

Note: I've verified game file cache within steam, and checked that the other table leaderboards seem to behave normally. Only the most recent pack is flaking out.

I have this same issue.
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTS450
Ram: 12GB
Display Mode: Fullscreen
Display Resolution: 1920x1200

Ripley

Aug 28, 2013
On Attack from Mars, I ruled the Universe twice in one game, destroyed 107 Martians, but nothing was saved, except the high score:(.

No bug, that's normal I've been told. ****.

Last edited:

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
Title Bug: General - El Dorado and Cue Ball Wizard. Leaderboards behave inconsistently and scores on these two tables don't upload into the farsight leaderboards.

Frequency of Occurrence: Constant as far as I can tell

Expected Result: Checking leaderboards from within the game to show correct results. Scores visible on Farsight website leaderboards.
Actual Result: Checking leaderboards from within the game shows no results at all or occasionally results of other tables instead. Personal scores are not on Farsight website leaderboards.

Comment: Going straight to CBW or El Dorado leaderboards within the game shows no scores for anyone in any category. Going to some other leaderboard and scrolling left or right to the leaderboards of the two tables shows scores for some other tables instead. No scores I've made on either table is visible on the Farsight website leaderboards, or any place at all besides the local high score table in game.

Note: I've verified game file cache within steam, and checked that the other table leaderboards seem to behave normally. Only the most recent pack is flaking out.

I've also noticed this issue. I was just scrolling through the leaderboard and noticed my Class of 1812 score had me in the top 400 which is pretty incredible for my skill level. Then I went to the Cue Ball Wizard beside it and all the scores on the leaderboard were exactly the same as on the Class of 1812 leaderboard, even the overall top scores.

From looking at the leaderboard on thepinballarcade.com the Class of 1812 scores were being kept and the Cue Ball Wizard scores weren't appearing.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670
Display Mode: Full Screen

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Bug: Taxi - Santa shot issue

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 465
Ram: 8GB
Display Resolution: “1680x1050”

Frequency of Occurrence: Always

I think I know what causes the issue when Santa shots count as Gorbie shots. By shooting the Right Ramp, the ball can also touch and trigger the Gorbie gate. THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. Also, the ball can occasionally knock down the leftmost Lola target when it's on the habitrail.

Last edited:

JavaJack

Jun 25, 2012
Title Bug: If you advance-pull the plunger, it won't strike the ball
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti
Ram: 9GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.20.4

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Expected Result:
1. Hold enter key to pull down the plunger PRIOR TO THE BALL ACTUALLY BEING KICKED INTO THE SHOOTER LANE.
2. Ball is kicked into the shooter lane.
3. Release Enter key to release the plunger.
4. Plunger strikes ball and sends it up the shooter lane.

Actual Result:
1. Hold enter key to pull down the plunger PRIOR TO THE BALL ACTUALLY BEING KICKED INTO THE SHOOTER LANE.
2. Ball is kicked into the shooter lane.
3. Release Enter key to release the plunger.
4. Plunger doesn't actually strike the ball. The ball just sits there in the bottom of the shooter lane (until you pull the plunger A SECOND TIME).

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Title Bug: Camera stuck on plunger lane during STTNG Final Frontier
Ram: 4GB
Version #(Bottom right of game screen): 1.20.4
Display Resolution: 1080 x 1920 (portrait)

Frequency of Occurrence: 1/3 total; 1/1 since last update

I got to The Final Frontier in STTNG twice on an earlier build and it was fine. The most recent time though, the camera was stuck on the plunger lane the entire time. I think this may be related to the Event Camera option that was added recently, which I did change right away (so event cameras are disabled) as there is no need for event cameras in portrait mode.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Title bug: Achievement doesn't pop for Class of 1812
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Version: 1.20.4
Full Screen
1024x768

Frequency of occurance: only once

When playing "Class of 1812", I recently got all the standard goals-but was given the "Class Wizard" achievement instead. The achievement for "Class skilled" never popped-even after completing all goals which I did today.

N

netizen

Title Bug: Centaur awards Guardian orbs skill when the actual accomplishment has not been achieved.
Graphics Card: Intel HD Integrated
Ram: 8GB
Version 1.20.4
Display Resolution: 800x600

Frequency of Occurrence: ? Hard to say with goals, This is how it was awarded to me, will have to see if any other reports come it.
Expected Result: All 4 in/out lane rollovers should be lit to complete the guardian orb goal, as this is when the guardian orb will be released.
Actual Result: Lighting both the in and out lanes on one side caused the pop up for Goal number one to appear, and the goal was checked off on the standard goals list.

Comment: In addition to the Guardian orbs goal oddity there were also some calls outs that were incorrect, like completing the top roll overs for a bonus multiplier and getting a release power orb voice call. I really think there is a ROM/Switch connection issue with this table.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Title Bug: Camera stuck on plunger lane during STTNG Final Frontier

I got to The Final Frontier in STTNG twice on an earlier build and it was fine. The most recent time though, the camera was stuck on the plunger lane the entire time. I think this may be related to the Event Camera option that was added recently, which I did change right away (so event cameras are disabled) as there is no need for event cameras in portrait mode.

here was same problem on previous builds - looks like event camera feature did not resolve the problem =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.