Pinball FX2 is coming to Steam on May 10th!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Dude, it isn't about choosing sides. I have all the old PFX1 tables and most of the PFX2 tables on the Xbox 360. I was also one of the first members on Zen's original PFX forum. So my mind is well and truly open.

We are all entitled to our own opinions. Glad you are having fun on the Star Wars tables.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with choosing sides. I use to play Pinball FX 2 a ton on 360 and bought several packs. The physics and flipper gap just got old for me. Wish there was a "simulation" mode or something. Despite the physics, if this had head-to-head multiplayer, I'd play it quite a bit.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
if only that Zaccaria one would come to Android...

If only - man I would love to get this for Android!

I'm a drop target junkie, and was drooling looking at Farfalla.
The progress the dev is making is incredible too.

Take my money - Gold membership for Android, I promise.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I enjoy the Zen tables every now and then. But I wish they had more drop targets and scoops. And the pop bumpers are underutilized on most tables (just kind of hidden somewhere). But they look and play nice.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Downloaded and tried. I agree with Kimkom and smbhax. I have tried and tried on every platform available to like this game(and spent a lot of doe in the process) but you guys pretty much nailed it on what is lacking. I wish I loved it. More good pinball is always welcome.

Will try one last time when I get my Virtuapin(switched from a mini to a 37" and will get it soonish) to see if I feel any different but not getting my hops up.

PS! I really hope Farsight is dealing with portrait mode in a different way than this. Going into graphic card settings every time I play is a bit of a drag and no mapping keys either. I can't even move the nudgbutton to where it
is supposed to be (next to the shift keys)

To those who like Zen and wants it for pc , please have fun and pay no attention to me. The graphics are great on the pc version btw

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
To those who like Zen and wants it for pc , please have fun and pay no attention to me. The graphics are great on the pc version btw

Agreed, graphics are a lot better than the console version, mostly down to increased resolution and better AA. Zen have adopted some nice new shaders, and textures look higher resolution too.

Bloom is way too heavy handed for my own taste though, especially on the ball itself.

I hope FarSight include portrait mode as part of the video settings and we don't have to mess around in the graphic driver instead.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Bloom is way too heavy handed for my own taste though, especially on the ball itself.

I hope FarSight include portrait mode as part of the video settings and we don't have to mess around in the graphic driver instead.

Playing portrait the bloom is so intense it makes the game unplayable for me with normal TV settings. Why is the ball so bright? - it is so bright it almost give you 'arc eye'.

The Xbox version doesn't suffer from this so is this specific to portrait? Does anyone else have this? I think the Rome ball is the worse one.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Downloaded and tried. I agree with Kimkom and smbhax. I have tried and tried on every platform available to like this game(and spent a lot of doe in the process) but you guys pretty much nailed it on what is lacking. I wish I loved it. More good pinball is always welcome.

Will try one last time when I get my Virtuapin(switched from a mini to a 37" and will get it soonish) to see if I feel any different but not getting my hops up.

PS! I really hope Farsight is dealing with portrait mode in a different way than this. Going into graphic card settings every time I play is a bit of a drag and no mapping keys either. I can't even move the nudgbutton to where it
is supposed to be (next to the shift keys)

You still don't have your mini-pin Karl?

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Playing portrait the bloom is so intense it makes the game unplayable for me with normal TV settings. Why is the ball so bright? - it is so bright it almost give you 'arc eye'.

The Xbox version doesn't suffer from this so is this specific to portrait? Does anyone else have this? I think the Rome ball is the worse one.

Not specific to portrait. I was thinking it may be worse on a TV set-up, it's pretty bad on my PC monitor. Would be nice to be able to switch the bloomin' thing off! ;) Oh dear, that was shocking...

Would also be a bonus to be able to switch off those monstrously large pause and camera buttons! Just why...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Not specific to portrait. I was thinking it may be worse on a TV set-up, it's pretty bad on my PC monitor. Would be nice to be able to switch the bloomin' thing off! ;) Oh dear, that was shocking...

Would also be a bonus to be able to switch off those monstrously large pause and camera buttons! Just why...

:)
I forgot about those camera buttons - it's like someone placed a couple of playing cards at the top of the screen, just to annoy.

Someone mentioned the brightness in the Win8 version a while back over in the Zen forums but no-one from Zen responded. Maybe they like it that way.

karl

May 10, 2012
You still don't have your mini-pin Karl?

My mini was coursed (a lot of unlucky circumstances) so I changed my order to a regular 37" extreme build. (got a good deal on a demo unit) I will probably get it just in time for the pc build of tpa ;-)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
My mini was coursed (a lot of unlucky circumstances) so I changed my order to a regular 37" extreme build. (got a good deal on a demo unit) I will probably get it just in time for the pc build of tpa ;-)

Sounds good. A mini pin is great but you will probably appreciate the bigger screen in the long run. :)

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Another update today - Version 1.0.3

Enables the rotation option in the video settings. Can now be rotated 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees. Nice :)

The speed at which these updates are being applied through Steam bodes well for TPA when it is launched.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Another update today - Version 1.0.3

Enables the rotation option in the video settings. Can now be rotated 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees. Nice :)

The speed at which these updates are being applied through Steam bodes well for TPA when it is launched.

Agreed. More tables soon; can't wait :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts