PlayStation store problems. It's not just FarSight.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I'm not personally attacking you brakel, and I think Dan is aware he went a little over the line, but I do agree with him that this thread in particular comes off as apologetic for Farsight and misses the point, I'm not aware of any other threads or posts like that and I don't agree with personal attacks. I don't think Dan does either but he was heated and has every right to be, we all get frustrated now and again.

I'm not just siding with Daniel because we're friends, if I didn't agree with him I'd keep my mouth shut. I'm not that kind of person that just defends friends no matter what, if he were in the wrong I'd tell him.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I agree that my point missed the mark. The point of the whole thread was that FarSight isn't the only publisher having issues with the PlayStation store. FarSight is currently having an issue getting the PS3 mega patch out in Europe and Europe hasn't gotten any DLC for the PS4 version either. Someone in those threads was suggesting that Sony plays favorites and mucks up stuff from some publishers on purpose while pushing through their own. Also this is not the only time that they've had problems with the store. There were issues with upgrade packs from season one on the PS4 that Sony wasn't able to resolve until well into the new year.

I wasn't suggesting that any bugs or sound issues were the fault of anyone but FarSight. I don't understand why anyone would think that this thread is making excuses for anything that FarSight has implemented poorly or in some cases failed to implement.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Let's keep this thread on topic and not delving into sound issues or personal attacks. If you don't like the thread topic, stop reading. Go start your own. If you want to complain about sound issues (and believe me, there's valid reason to), find a running thread or three.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
In fact I had the same thoughts as Mark. Your constant excuses for FS are starting to get pathetic.

I guess I just don't understand this idea that I'm an apologist for FarSight. Am I a fan? Yes. But I also know that there are issues with the game. Just because I try to keep most of my critique in the form of constructive feedback doesn't mean I'm not frustrated with how slow updating and adding features to this game has become. Below are some examples of my posts from the last couple of weeks that I think illustrate a more balanced poster in me than my detractors are portraying.

I'd like to have an in person multiplayer mode that supports more than one controller. I can't believe that this hasn't been implemented yet.

They did mess up on many of the non-table elements. To some extent this makes sense because these elements weren't programmed in a 3D space like the tables were. However the number of errors is inexcusable. Either their QA is incompetent or it doesn't exist or management did not allow them the resources to fix the problems. You don't even need to launch the ball to see many of these issues. I started to document them and was told by FarSight that they already had the issues in their issues log so I stopped.

I don't understand why this is a requirement. It seems like most players don't want cross platform leader boards.

I agree that these issues should never have been in the release and should be FarSight's highest priority.

I doubt that's because TPA has tapped the total power of the PS4. It's bad code.

After one of the former PR reps for FarSight spent a fair amount of time gathering our thoughts about what should be fixed and improved only to have absolutely nothing done with that information, I lost most of my hope that anything that we post here will make a difference to how TPA updates are managed.

I agree that there are many things that should be done before 3D because they should have been done before release.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm actually semi-retired from moderating the greater forum, but since people keep reporting threads and interrupting my workday with the resultant e-mails, I suppose I need to do something here.

This is a thread about our problems with the PlayStation store, not about our problems with brakel, at least according to the title. So kindly confine discussion to the PSN store and refrain from bringing personalities into it, lest the other mods and/or I have to start showing people red cards.

And if someone does have a problem with brakel, either take it up with him or take it up with us, but in either case, do it in private messages, not on the public forum.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I was hoping that Sony would truly revamp their store when the PS4 went live. Make it easier for publishers to make patches and DLC available quicker than they have with the PS3. I hope this is something that they are going to roll out in the not too distant future.

The Great Cornholio

Apr 5, 2014
And if someone does have a problem with brakel, either take it up with him or take it up with us, but in either case, do it in private messages, not on the public forum.

I do not have any personal problem with brakel. I even agree that the quality of the PSN Store is not very satisfying and in my opinion not on par with the Xbox Live Store. But aside from iOS and Android they seem to have major issues on every platform and it can't always be someone elses fault.

As a European who has started TPA on XBox and bought a PS4 mainly because of TPA, things couldn't be much worse. The level of frustration is very high and patience has an end. So again, no offence brakel but it's time for FS to get things going.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
MLB The Show 14 is releasing today for the PS4. It's published by SCEA. If you pre-ordered the digital version then you were supposed to be able to download it at midnight eastern US time. As of now it is still unavailable to download. "Sony is working on it."

So, MLB 14 was supposed to be available at Midnight eastern time on Tuesday but wound up not being available to download until about 4 or 5pm on Tuesday. Not really the worst thing but it was on the PS4 and wound up being kind of a high profile blunder by Sony. Today I got an email from Sony apologizing about the issue along with a code for a $5 PSN credit and a code for $4.99 worth of MLB in game currency used for upgrades and healing quicker. It was a surprising gesture! I guess Sony has paid for my next TPA table. :D

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
So, MLB 14 was supposed to be available at Midnight eastern time on Tuesday but wound up not being available to download until about 4 or 5pm on Tuesday. Not really the worst thing but it was on the PS4 and wound up being kind of a high profile blunder by Sony. Today I got an email from Sony apologizing about the issue along with a code for a $5 PSN credit and a code for $4.99 worth of MLB in game currency used for upgrades and healing quicker. It was a surprising gesture! I guess Sony has paid for my next TPA table. :D

This makes me think that the TPA EU release/patch issue has nothing to do with Sony; I never did think so in fact. To me it seems to be a root and branch management and general competence issue. I can't say I'm a fan of FS, but I'm a fan of TPA because I like the tables. But the tables have little to do with FS right.

If Zen can release DLC and patches to all customers in the same week every time with no issue, then why can't FS? Answer: IMO they just are not as competent.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
This makes me think that the TPA EU release/patch issue has nothing to do with Sony; I never did think so in fact. To me it seems to be a root and branch management and general competence issue. I can't say I'm a fan of FS, but I'm a fan of TPA because I like the tables. But the tables have little to do with FS right.

If Zen can release DLC and patches to all customers in the same week every time with no issue, then why can't FS? Answer: IMO they just are not as competent.

Totally agree with your opinion. These things are facts. I also think, that the frustrating issues with FS have their roots in massive mismanangement by this company, in first degree.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

This is one of those situations where I wish there was more communication because with a delay this long it seems like it must be that the patch is being held up because of some sort of issue and not because Sony keeps forgetting. If it failed approval, although that's bad, I think most people would want to know that it's being fixed for resubmition.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
This makes me think that the TPA EU release/patch issue has nothing to do with Sony; I never did think so in fact. To me it seems to be a root and branch management and general competence issue.

How did you get that out of what brakel said?

Biff

Sep 18, 2012

Well you know, Farsight has zero problems with updates on the Steam platform, because Steam allows them to do what they want. There are no delays on Steam. Farsight can tell us, that an update comes out tomorrow or next Friday and they deliver.

FS only seems to have trouble with Sony Europe not Sony America. I mean, on the US Store updates usually come out as planned, right? Three or four weeks after the approval process.
Zen Studios is a European company. Could be one reason why they have no issues with Sony Europe.

I'm just talking about the release of updates when they are ready.
I know that we are waiting a long time for a couple of things on both platforms.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.