Request PLEASE! Remove the obnoxious "Buy" and "Owned" Splashes!

What do you think about the "Buy" and "Owned" splashes?

• I think they're a helpful reminder of which tables I bought!

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • I think the "Buy" splash is fine but see no need for "Owned"!

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • They're both unnecessary and should be removed completely!

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Come on, bavelb. You play devil's advocate very well, but is it necessary to pick my words apart just to have something to argue about?

I didnt need to pick words apart, I quoted a full on post with you using that as an argument on why you think they shouldlisten, which it shouldnt be. Honestly I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill which is causing these responses, you made your point perfectly clear in several posts, I hope for your sake they do it, but honestly...let it go.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
You dont see it if your plaing:) at least switch the BUY NOW and OWNED so you can see more of the table after purchase. This is ONLY a smartphone/pad issue? Im suprised you even GOT extra anything, How you look at the glass eh?

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Clearly, I'm not very keen on letting things go. But I HAVE tried compromise. I've even tried agreeing with you. You don't need to agree with my methods or my tone, but you're defending a point that doesn't need to be defended. Inserting those splashes was like vandalizing the virtual museum FarSight has been building for months. Even the developers should be offended by that marketing decision.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I HEAR BY SENTENCE YOU....TO 1 PLAY PER POST TODAY! :):):)
That should be a RULE! How can that be implemented? SERIOUSLY.
Not to name call but your being a lil'excessive, HELL you have a copy on several devices...CHEEL WINSTON! PLAY SOME PEEN BOWL!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Guys, take a step back for a bit or this thread will be closed. No point in rehashing the same arguments over and over, and there's little point in creating a poll if you're only going to be upset by the response.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I HEAR BY SENTENCE YOU....TO 1 PLAY PER POST TODAY! :):):)
That should be a RULE! How can that be implemented? SERIOUSLY.
Not to name call but your being a lil'excessive, HELL you have a copy on several devices...CHEEL WINSTON! PLAY SOME PEEN BOWL!

For the six months before joining this forum, I had no complaints and played every free minute I had. Now, when I actually have a grievance to air, I am told that I'm new to the forums and wouldn't know what goes on here. I wouldn't care so much if TPA hadn't become an all-time favorite in such an unexpected and pleasantly surprising way. I love pinball. I love video games. But I usually hate video games of pinball. Yet TPA has managed to rival greats like Chrono Trigger, Persona 3, Demon's Souls, and Mass Effect 2. I never thought that would happen, but this one thing is detracting from my favorite version of that game. I just want it resolved, guys.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Guys, take a step back for a bit or this thread will be closed. No point in rehashing the same arguments over and over, and there's little point in creating a poll if you're only going to be upset by the response.

While bavelb and I have had some differences, I don't hold it against him. I'm actually quite happy with the results of the poll thus far, and I'd like to give it more time to build votes, even if that means stepping back from further posts.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
There are alot of "issues" with this game that make me...frustrated and not want to play certain tables to the point of avoidance until similar situations bring me back INSANITY I know.but you got to look through all of that and just PLAY! Like I said before you cant see it if your playing.:)
Yes were going in circles Gord because were only getting input from a few people.
But I think the poll is no longer needed.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
But those who are bothered by it would be quite happy with the change.

In the broad scheme of things, in reality, I'd be willing to bet that the number would be a tiny percentage of those who have the game. Most people, by an overwhelming majority, probably haven't even taken any note of it.

But this is an impassioned issue for me, and I am frustrated by any decisions that led to it.

The last thing that impassioned me and left me frustrated by the decisions that led to it was when the Bosses at the joint-venture my company is involved in, laid off 4 good guys, just as we were heading towards the biggest deadline in our projects 10 year history and left those of us that were left behind in a sh*tstorm you wouldn't believe. The remaining members of the team were in the office every day for a month and a half, desperately trying to take up the slack from 4 empty..and essential chairs, 12 - 14 hours a day including holidays and every weekend, saturday AND sunday.

But yeah, I can see how a green sticker is important too.

I just want it resolved, guys.

Well, "resolved" implies a problem. It's not. It's personal preference. I doubt that it would be top of the list of things to do while we have a flipper gap like the Grand Canyon in MM and FS are getting shafted by MS everytime they submit a DLC. It's also a little demanding.

in my apparently short tenure here on the forums

Nothing apparent about it. 2 days.

it doesn't mean you love them any less.

We...uhm... ***cough***...errr, love you too...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I voted for the second option, but I don't see it as a big deal. I really don't spend much time looking at the menu, to be honest.

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
I like to see whether I own the table or not, as I'm not the only one that uses TPA on the families Apple account. It gets confusing when someone buys a table, one doesent, and so on and so forth on multiple devices.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
The last thing that impassioned me and left me frustrated by the decisions that led to it was when the Bosses at the joint-venture my company is involved in, laid off 4 good guys, just as we were heading towards the biggest deadline in our projects 10 year history and left those of us that were left behind in a sh*tstorm you wouldn't believe. The remaining members of the team were in the office every day for a month and a half, desperately trying to take up the slack from 4 empty..and essential chairs, 12 - 14 hours a day including holidays and every weekend, saturday AND sunday.

But yeah, I can see how a green sticker is important too.
You sir, made my day, and on a day of dlc coming out, that is saying something!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I believe the plan is to axe the "bought" stamp in the next ios update, android should not suffer this atm. No clue on the buy now stamp though.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I believe the plan is to axe the "bought" stamp in the next ios update, android should not suffer this atm. No clue on the buy now stamp though.

I think the "buy now" stamp needs to be left in to entice users to buy the tables that they don't already own. That would also distinguish what tables users have already bought from the one's they haven't without having buyers forced to look at the "bought" stamp on tables they already own.

Last edited:

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
I think the "buy now" stamp needs to be left in to entice users to buy the tables that they don't already own. That would also distinguish what tables users have already bought from the one's they haven't without having buyers forced to look at the "bought" stamp on tables they already own.

^I agree with that ,Pin Wiz. As well, and hopefully not taking us too far off topic , I would love to have the ability to scroll around the tables we own and look at the set up and lights/ramps/features etc. with some simple up/down , left/right controls at some point down the road as well . Of course the tables do a bit of that on auto for us when we choose them , but from both an aesthetic point of view as well as to more clearly see some of the key locations/lights etc., and even back glass ,if feasible ( which are not always so clear on the IOS versions nor the auto presentation). For me, this also seems to tie-in with the general project of appreciating just what went into putting a table together. I fondly remember examining tables in minute detail, C.S.I.-like, when I was able to.

It would make virtual ownership nearer to actual ownership of a real table ,imo , and be a feature that other games do not have as far as I know of now . ;) Honestly, there are times where I would like to take a break from playing and just sit back and admire or show friends the wonderful engineering and creativity that went into these tables, along with the excellent job Farsight did in putting them together .

Last edited:

Rivercider

Jul 8, 2012
^I agree with that ,Pin Wiz. As well, and hopefully not taking us off topic , I would love to have the ability to scroll around the tables we own and look at the set up and lights/ramps/features etc. with some simple up/down , left/right controls at some point as well . Of course the tables do a bit of that on auto for us when we choose them , but from both an aesthetic point of view as well as to more clearly see some of the key locations/lights etc. ( which are not always so clear on the IOS versions nor the auto presentation). For me, this also seems to tie-in with the general project of admiring just what went into putting a table together. I fondly remember examining tables in minute detail, C.S.I.-like, when I was able to. ;)
Yeah I like that idea, would love to be able to view/examine the tables properly at my leisure, this would be great.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I have it on good authority the Owned stamp is gone after the taxi/hd update, and the buy stamp doesnt cover any part of the table I believe.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
When you break it down to brass tacks, if FarSight doesn't address a request this simple, how could we possibly hope to be heard on bigger issues? UI changes? Table requests? Even bug fixes?

really? if farsight doesn't instantly cater to a minor quibble from a single user then you will lose all hope for them to address major problems? seriously, take it down a notch.

i voted for the second option in the name of compromise, but honestly the "owned" splash doesn't bother me. i'd rather see time spent improving physics or leaderboards or addressing bugs. not that i'm complaining -- i absolutely love TPA and can't wait to contribute to their next kickstarter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.