Request Post ideas for the BALL COLOR SKINS

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Here's an idea: how about a "camera" ball that lets you switch to a POV view and gives you the option of filming replay videos. Maybe there could even be a split screen for multi-ball POV view. I know I'd pay extra for that as an add on. But yes, it would be cool if these ball skins added a unique gameplay option instead of just graphical bling.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Here's an idea: how about a "camera" ball that lets you switch to a POV view and gives you the option of filming replay videos. Maybe there could even be a split screen for multi-ball POV view. I know I'd pay extra for that as an add on. But yes, it would be cool if these ball skins added a unique gameplay option instead of just graphical bling.

OMG good/bad idea , I wish it were possible but given the difficulty emulating ROMs from old pinball machines , can you begin to imagine how a virtual ball view would tax the processors across every platform ? It would be more possible to do it on PC , but everything else is going to be chugging or crashing . To implement this they would have to make alot of adjustments and introduce more bugs into the program , it would almost be like making a new game from scratch , remember for every "cute" idea you dream up , you add potentially hundreds of game breaking bugs and more file size to what is essentially a very efficient smooth game .

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Sinistar,
Yes I realized that probably wouldn't be possible on consoles, but it could be a nice add-on for PC with much more horsepower. If these are going to be add-ons that we're paying for, why not shoot for the moon. And yes, I understand that there are certain limitations to what they can implement, but no offense, I'd love to hear those limitations from the developer, not just conjecture. Again, I mean no offense to you, but this thread is for posting "ideas" that the guys at Farsight will hopefully read, and the community will get excited about. Sure there are impossible requests,but lets keep the creative juices flowing and I'm sure Farsight will find a way to use some of our ideas or come up with new/better ones based on our ideas without too much compromise. Again, I don't mean to a jerk saying that, but I think overall what I find sometimes annoying about posts on facebook, and even sometimes on here, is that there are way too many speculative opinions on what is and isn't possible for TPA, but most often there isn't any factual basis for these assumptions- only hearsay and conjecture. I know that guessing about the future of TPA is part of the fun, but just don't kill mine by saying NO to my ideas based on assumed knowledge.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Sorry, didn't mean for my previous post to be a thread killer. I just didn't appreciate being lectured on why you thought my idea was not technically possible, meanwhile I turn around and lecture you on my thought process. I'm not a "mr-know-it-all" personality type, quite the opposite actually, but I notice that I probably came off as condescending on the previous post. My apologies to you Sinistar, I wasn't trying to alienate you personally, or anyone else on here for that matter. I hope there are no hard feelings. Even though I post infrequently here, I'd like to hope that you guys think of me as a regular, and not just some "wandered in from Facebook" opinionated troll. Anyhow, lets keep the ideas flowing, and keep the ball rolling so to speak...

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
Wow. I think all of these ideas are good and some are down-right brilliant -- crystalline balls for one sounds amazing and the black hole ball idea is awesome! I'd like to see a few with some type of visible physics engine manifestation on their surface, for example maybe one with a simple grid to show off the ball spin though multiple axis' as it caroms around the table and another that would temporarily display (fading over a second or less) the last impact point on the ball with maybe brightness, size, and or color indicating the intensity of the hit at that location.

Not saying it's possible - just saying it'd be cool to have a visual representation of some of the physics underlying the ball's motion.

Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.