• Checkpoint

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Roller Coaster Tycoon

Votes: 13 20.0%

• Total voters

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
This is how I want Season 4 to work out.

1) Oct-Phantom of the Opera
2) Nov-The Party Zone
3) Dec-Earthshaker
4) Jan-Fireball
5) Feb-The Addam's Family
6) Mar-Rescue 911
7) Apr-Safe Cracker
8) May-Cyclone
9) Jun-The Getaway: High Speed 2
10) Jul-Red & Ted's Roadshow

Now that would make me the happiest person for a long time to come, to me that's the perfect Season and it couldn't get any better or can it.

Meh, I'd rather have:

1. The Phantom Of The Opera
2. F-14 Tomcat
3. The Addams Family
4. Rescue 911
5. Xenon
6. Swords Of Fury
7. Fireball/Sorcerer
8. Safe Cracker
9. Corvette
10. Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street

...and no, neither of our lists beat out Season 1, let alone Season 3. (Although I still think S3 gives S1 a run for it's money.)

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
There's no way Road Show and TAF should come out in the same season. I think TAF and Getaway will be the two big league tables this season. I could also see them possibly doing Eight Ball Deluxe this season just to get it out of the way. I look at the season more as how will it look as a complete season pass, less on lets put out the most popular tables first. That's why i think we'll only see two Lawlor tables - TAF and either EarthShaker or Banzai Run. I think Red and Ted and F-14 Tomcat would be the two big tables in season 5 with probably TAF Gold and maybe Simpsons kickstarter. I'd love to be wrong. I'd rather Red and Ted and F-14 then TAF and Getaway. Either way lots of great tables still out there to be included.

D

dmarcoot2

I still think the next table is Rocky & bullwinkle from the hint. Its a data East table from whom they secured a ten table deal. There is a hat trick in the game.

The hints FS has done are far trickier than the most obvious table.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I still think the next table is Rocky & bullwinkle from the hint. Its a data East table from whom they secured a ten table deal. There is a hat trick in the game.

The hints FS has done are far trickier than the most obvious table.

There is no "ten table deal" from data east. Data east doesn't even have the rights. They have a contract with stern and from what has been revealed about it in the past they are pretty unlimited in the number of stern controlled tables they can reproduce if they can get the ancillary licenses secured.

As for predictions, it's on record that one table will be an em, why is everyone guessing that all the remaining tables will be Solid state?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Because Bobby King referred to 8 Ball Deluxe as an EM on two ocasions including the last twitch stream where he said there would be an EM in Season 4 and 5. I think he is counting 8BD as an EM. I'm guessing that's why so many lists don't have a true EM.

I put TX-Sector and Rescue 911 in my poll because they did well in the top ten poll series Pin Wiz did a while back and FS often seems to look to those polls. And they would be two of the non-EM Gottliebs I'd actually like to play.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Because Bobby King referred to 8 Ball Deluxe as an EM on two ocasions including the last twitch stream where he said there would be an EM in Season 4 and 5. I think he is counting 8BD as an EM.

That is why I have all SS tables. Btw, my guess is Eight Ball Deluxe as the Season 4 "em" and fireball as the season 5 em.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
There's no way Road Show and TAF should come out in the same season.

Why not? As a company wanting to make great sales, that would be a genius move!

There's still PLENTY of big name, highly requested tables to go around for Season 5. ("The Simpsons Pinball Party" KS, "F-14 Tomcat", "Judge Dredd", etc etc etc)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
As I've said in the past, that was beyond obvious a Jay or Bobby pick, just like T2 was...because nobody on the planet wanted it, and just about everyone has complained about it.

You take that silly table out, as well as the throw ins from the PHOF game, and we've gotten highly popular and highly requested tables each and every season.

Actually, LCA did OK in one of the earlier polls.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Why not? As a company wanting to make great sales, that would be a genius move!

There's still PLENTY of big name, highly requested tables to go around for Season 5. ("The Simpsons Pinball Party" KS, "F-14 Tomcat", "Judge Dredd", etc etc etc)

I hope I'm wrong. I really want Red and Ted, but i think we are getting Earthshaker or Banzai Run. Why waste a highly sought after Lawlor table like Roadshow in a Season Pass with the most sought after Lawlor table? lets get some of Lawlor's lesser known tables, which are still awesome, out in TPA. On a table by table purchase i agree with you. i just think Red and Ted is a big enough draw for people to buy a season pass/season when it comes out, just like Fish Tales.

Again, i would love nothing more than to be wrong and have Red and Ted show up this season.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Actually, LCA did OK in one of the earlier polls.

I was expecting and was ready for this response. :cool:

First off, it barely made the Top Ten, coming in at #8. (http://digitalpinballfans.com/content.php/320-PAF-Top-Ten-Most-Wanted-Table-Poll-Series-THE-RESULTS-ARE-IN!!!) (http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5223-PAF-Top-Ten-Most-Wanted-Table-Poll-Series-5-Gottlieb-Premier)

Secondly, here's why it was so "popular" in the polls:

Lights, Camera, Action- Great music! Also love the artwork.

Never heard of these tables, just picked what looks fun judging by the pictures ;)

lights…camera…action

Lights...Camera...Action! (1989)

Tried to go with a good mix, as there were several I am unfamiliar with.

My picks:

Lights...Camera...Action! - I don't know...Rob Craig from the Silverball Podcast sings it praises a lot.

Just repeat this by about 100, and you'll see why LCA even made the Top Ten, much like a few others from that list.

A lot of people just voted based on the pictures and videos provided, which is fine. I know there were obviously some that voted for it because they legitimately enjoyed the table, but it wasn't anything close to the amount of people voting on it because it "looked fun". I tried NOT to vote like that, and when saying so, I was attacked for it. (Which I found ridiculously funny by the way. It's amusing to go back and see the same familiar people trying to instigate things. lol)

Listen, I'm not trying to start a For/Against LCA War, as there's already been a quite a few already, but since someone brought the table up, I figured I'd respond accordingly. Back on topic:

I hope I'm wrong. I really want Red and Ted, but i think we are getting Earthshaker or Banzai Run. Why waste a highly sought after Lawlor table like Roadshow in a Season Pass with the most sought after Lawlor table? lets get some of Lawlor's lesser known tables, which are still awesome, out in TPA. On a table by table purchase i agree with you. i just think Red and Ted is a big enough draw for people to buy a season pass/season when it comes out, just like Fish Tales.

Again, i would love nothing more than to be wrong and have Red and Ted show up this season.

Unfortunately for Nightwing, I HIGHLY doubt we're getting "Banzai Run" this season, as Farsight have, again, just recently said that they're not too sure if they'd be able to do it. If they're not sure now, I highly doubt that means it'll change in a few months. They usually have tables pre planned out at the start of the season....which is even more reason to expect "Red & Ted's Roadshow", as it's the most wanted, non licensed, table.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Because Bobby King referred to 8 Ball Deluxe as an EM on two ocasions including the last twitch stream where he said there would be an EM in Season 4 and 5. I think he is counting 8BD as an EM. I'm guessing that's why so many lists don't have a true EM.

I put TX-Sector and Rescue 911 in my poll because they did well in the top ten poll series Pin Wiz did a while back and FS often seems to look to those polls. And they would be two of the non-EM Gottliebs I'd actually like to play.

Obviously the number of em fans is not a huge contingent but very vocal. If ebd comes out as an "em" can you imagine the outrage?!? Even non-em fans will gleefully join in the criticism because of the ignorance on display, should that scenario occur.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Obviously the number of em fans is not a huge contingent but very vocal. If ebd comes out as an "em" can you imagine the outrage?!? Even non-em fans will gleefully join in the criticism because of the ignorance on display, should that scenario occur.

Honestly, I couldn't care less.

The quicker EBD comes out, the quicker I can stop hearing about it. I'll never get the fascination with it, as it really doesn't look like anything special, but I do know it's highly, highly requested. Personally, I'd rather see "Fireball", because even THAT looks more fun than EBD.

Last edited:

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Honestly, I couldn't care less.

The quicker EBD comes out, the quicker I can stop listening about it. I'll never get the fascination with it, as it really doesn't look like anything special, but I do know it's highly, highly requested. Personally, I'd rather see "Fireball", because even THAT looks more fun than EBD.

You can put Cyclone in that category as well

Totally Overrated Table

Extork

Mar 14, 2013

I'd personally like for cyclone to be added to TPA. But are we basing the probability of that off of the poll between Earthshaker, Diner, and Cyclone? Just wondering what the odds are of getting Comet or Hurricane are. I realise those 2 aren't requested as much, but I'm not sure why. Drainers have their place in TPA. Lol, we all know which ones

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
I voted not based on desire but expectation.

Party Zone
Getaway
Jackbot
Safecracker
Eight Ball Deluxe
Cyclone
Red and Ted
Johnny Mnemonic

I'd be happy with this as a season.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It looks interesting, but not as much as everyone has hyped it up to be.

It has a couple cool features. The ferris wheel is nice and the bonus wheel is decent and more fair than the wheels of fate from Bride of Pinbot. However lack of multiball and an easy, albeit pretty fun, layout make for a table that does not have long lasting appeal. Good game but not one that will cause massive hysteria.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Cyclone !!!

giphy.gif

...causes hysteria.

(sorry for that)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts