Pro Pinball

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I kickstarted enough for VIP access, but there's not much of any news from there. They're working on Android next, and continuing to render more table views (which are platform independent.)

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Damn...
It's been a long time since I checked this project.
The first post in this thread was made more than three (!!!!) Years ago...
And since then it's only out (recently) on IOS...
DAMN...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
In last weeks dev update they said they might release the Android Beta this week, so hopefully that is close and they will finish PC version next.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Android beta is out if you backed at that level.
Full release to follow shortly (although I'm always a little skeptical of Barnstorm's idea of shortly 😈 )

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Android Beta is out, then Android release, Android post release patching, PC Beta, then finally PC release. I'll begin holding my breath now

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
If he uses a left and a right handed mouse he could work on both android and pc version...

I don't think they need people making excuses for them. They were given more than the amount of money that they said it would take to have this product finished within one year. As for me, I've waited over two years before I got frustrated and complained about the speed that they are working at.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
An English man walks into a barcade, and and asks for a load of cash to RUSH a port of an existing Pinball table through his game studio...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
An English man walks into a barcade, and and asks for a load of cash to RUSH a port of an existing Pinball table through his game studio...
This project is the closest I've come to thinking I've lost my dough as a backer. I honestly thought it was vaporware at one dark moment throughout the journey.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I feel sorry for people who backed this at a level that does not give early test builds because if they don't have iOS they have had nothing so far. I originally did this but only upgraded to a Alpha testing tier last minute so in that respect I am lucky. If I didn't do that I would be well cheesed off by now.

I got the PC Alpha over a year ago now, the iOS sometime after which I tried on a friends device and now the Android build which is very impressive. Therefore I feel like I have had my monies worth, but what I really want is the cabinet support promised for day one. They say they are doing the PC build next so let's see if cabinet support is there. They demoed the PinDMD running during the KS so it must be possible.

I think the massive delays are simply due to them having one bloke working on everything. Although it isn't what they promised in the KS it is better to have that I guess than see them go bankrupt (again).

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I feel sorry for folks that backed this at the all Pro Pinball tables level... 😞
I think it will get delivered to all eventually.
But I also think taking the Kickstarter money with the promises made up front was just dishonest.
It's a shame to see a once legend in the digital Pinball community disgrace themselves.

I asked on the Pro Pinball forum if beta access might be extended to other levels given the time frames taken, but no official response.
Sounds as if the Android build has some issues reading the posts on there.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I asked on the Pro Pinball forum if beta access might be extended to other levels given the time frames taken, but no official response.
Sounds as if the Android build has some issues reading the posts on there.

Good idea, they should do that. At least it would show people they have something.

I played the Android version a bit this morning, and I keep forgetting just how good the physics are. TPAs are good, the new VP physics are very good, Zacc's are very good, but these for me are the best. You can feel the weighty ball, it feels like a real pin. It is a waste to have these physics only on one table so they should sell/lease the physics logic to Farsight. Imagine TPA DX11 with the camera mod, and Pro Pinball physics.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
the new VP physics are very good, Zacc's are very good, but these for me are the best. You can feel the weighty ball, it feels like a real pin.

Sorry to go off topic, but have you tried the Zaccaria physics settings night developed?
These feel amazing to me. You can like you say really feel the weight in the ball.
805252adf6700cd24554bf0a969b2dcb.jpg

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks Baron. I did try those settings from you and agree they feel really great, and particularly suited to the Zacc era. I also love the adjustments available. The PP physics just have something I can't put my finger on. It might simply be down to tuning rather than the engine.

Again I have to say that Zacc is still my commercial favourite Pinball app due to number and choice of tables, lighting, physics, and customisation options. Considering they can do that on mobile, I think thew PC version is going to be awesome.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I feel sorry for folks that backed this at the all Pro Pinball tables level... ��

I just hope that they will manage to tackle the other old PP games at all...
I pledged at that level, fully aware of the risk and even if it all blows up and Timeshock! Ultra Edition is the last we see of it I'm glad I am/was a part of making it to wherever it is going to make it.
Probably no one would have thought that it would take so long just to get Timeshock!(re)done - and I'm sure none of the PP guys thought so either, at least I don't feel betrayed or lied to by them.
Hopefully they have learned a lot up to this point so any future table will not take as long and hopefully there will be future tables... I would really love to see an overhauled version of The Web...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.