Pro Pinball

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
BRUSA is such a fun table! I was always more drawn into timeshock, but I remember it to be the best for some quick action.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
BRUSA is such a fun table! I was always more drawn into timeshock, but I remember it to be the best for some quick action.
Yeah, I agree that BRUSA was a great table. The Web was just too "static" as far as stuff that the ball interacted with. It was almost like a static image with flippers and spinners. That's all I can remember of it on PlayStation 1.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Just read the details of a recent iOS update for pro pinball. They are removing the scoring cap from the free version and adding ads. Hope this is a very positive move forward and not the ominous bad omen I think it is...

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Just read the details of a recent iOS update for pro pinball. They are removing the scoring cap from the free version and adding ads. Hope this is a very positive move forward and not the ominous bad omen I think it is...

I didn't think this was a good idea.... If someone's not really into pinball, why would they pay anything just to get rid of ads? If people had the scoring limit they used to use, people get to try out the game a little, but if they want the whole thing, they have to buy it. This way, like I said, most people, I feel, wouldn't care about some ads popping up as long as they get to play for free. So unless the ads are going to pay for everything, I think this was a bad decision.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I didn't think this was a good idea.... If someone's not really into pinball, why would they pay anything just to get rid of ads? If people had the scoring limit they used to use, people get to try out the game a little, but if they want the whole thing, they have to buy it. This way, like I said, most people, I feel, wouldn't care about some ads popping up as long as they get to play for free. So unless the ads are going to pay for everything, I think this was a bad decision.

Maybe they'll make more money from the ads themselves.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The bad part about only having one table out on one platform is there's only so much income you can generate from it to sustain the company. It's really too bad they moved so slowly as it puts the future of the series in serious doubt.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I am comfortable paying money not to have ads pollute my gaming experience, but I've got a bad feeling those days are numbered.

Who wants to play a game only to have it interrupted by Ving Rhames screaming about how some fast food joint has the meats?

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Ad supported apps are far and away the most profitable. This is likely the future of pinball on mobile devices. As long as they are either separate from the game experience, or they are optimized in a way that prevents slow down of the game itself I think it's a great idea

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Ad supported apps are far and away the most profitable. This is likely the future of pinball on mobile devices. As long as they are either separate from the game experience, or they are optimized in a way that prevents slow down of the game itself I think it's a great idea

With the exception of product placement (I still want to go to Tower Records thanks to Crazy Taxi LOL), I've continued to enjoy video games due to the lack of advertising. I've quit watching television because you can't get through a few minutes of program without a minimum 5-minute block of ads (plus in-show ads for a show that the network would much rather you watch, or countdown clocks). I will not go to any movie theaters where you pay through the nose for tickets and snacks, only to take your seat to watch five minutes worth of commercials. I listen to music in my iTunes library as opposed to listening to the radio because I want to hear music, not talk and ads.

Now we hear about these amoral practices by game companies to put ads in games. If they're separate from the game itself (like they don't interrupt), I can bear that. I'm glad I've still got old gaming systems which can support ad-free fun. But the first time "real commercials" apeear in video games and interrupt them, will be the last time I support video gaming henceforth.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Which will we see first:

1) Pro Pinball on PC
2) cabinet support for TPA
3) (Insert sarcastic vapor ware title here)

Edit: for the record I'm voting 3) john Papadiuk's next game

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.